Fiancee Settlement Visa Confusion

Hi,

Settlement Fiancee Visa CONFUSION

My Fiancee has collected her passport from VFS Today, on looking at the visa,the date is from March 2011 to 2013, and my name is displayed on the passportas her spouse (were definatley not married).

We applied for a Finacee Settletment and I assumed that the Visa would be validfor 6 months and then we could apply for FLR after we got married.

VFS also seem a bit confused about this and are contacting the British embassy, unfortunatly they are now closed , so my Fiancee will have to stay in BKK andreturn to VSS on Monday.

The strange thing is they have let my Fiancee take the Passportt with her.

Does this seem odd or is this normal

Cheers

Dave

If she applied for a fiance visa and they have given her a spouse visa then obviously something is wrong. They should not have issued a spouse visa without evidence that your are married; which you are not.

The endorsement for a fiance should be "Marriage/ your name." For a spouse it should be "Spouse/ your name."

All you can do at present is wait and see what happens on Monday. If they have issued her with the wrong visa then they should correct it without delay.

This is the third post you have made on this, the other two being here, one of which I deleted as it was a duplicate of the earlier post. Please do not post the same thing in different topics as that will cause confusion and duplication with your answers spread between them and members not knowing that your question has already been answered elsewhere. Thank you.

As you originally posted this in a UK visa topic, I am assuming that you are talking about a UK visa and have amended the topic title accordingly.

If she applied for a fiance visa and they have given her a spouse visa then obviously something is wrong. They should not have issued a spouse visa without evidence that your are married; which you are not.

The endorsement for a fiance should be "Marriage/ your name." For a spouse it should be "Spouse/ your name."

All you can do at present is wait and see what happens on Monday. If they have issued her with the wrong visa then they should correct it without delay.

This is the third post you have made on this, the other two being here, one of which I deleted as it was a duplicate of the earlier post. Please do not post the same thing in different topics as that will cause confusion and duplication with your answers spread between them and members not knowing that your question has already been answered elsewhere. Thank you.

As you originally posted this in a UK visa topic, I am assuming that you are talking about a UK visa and have amended the topic title accordingly.

Hi ,

Many thanks for your reply , you were correct 7by7 , the visa issued was incorrect.

My Fiancee has been to VFS today and they have sent the Passport back to the British Embassy , who are going to sort it out over the next few days.

The unfortunate thing is my Fiancee now has to travel back to UDON and wait to be contacted by VFS , very inconvenient and costly Flights,hotels ETC.

Hopefully my fiancee was succesfull with her application , and it was just a case of the embassy putting the incorrect stamp in the VISA.

Its just a waiting game again , hopefully latter in the week we will find out if we have been succesfull and the correct visa will be issued.

Apologies for the duplicate posts, I thought i had'nt save my post when i checked (this was due to the post not been on the current page), I then realised that I ought to post a new topic. Once again sorry!

Cheers

Dave

Hi ,

Many thanks for your reply , you were correct 7by7 , the visa issued was incorrect.

My Fiancee has been to VFS today and they have sent the Passport back to the British Embassy , who are going to sort it out over the next few days.

The unfortunate thing is my Fiancee now has to travel back to UDON and wait to be contacted by VFS , very inconvenient and costly Flights,hotels ETC.

Hopefully my fiancee was succesfull with her application , and it was just a case of the embassy putting the incorrect stamp in the VISA.

Its just a waiting game again , hopefully latter in the week we will find out if we have been succesfull and the correct visa will be issued.

Apologies for the duplicate posts, I thought i had'nt save my post when i checked (this was due to the post not been on the current page), I then realised that I ought to post a new topic. Once again sorry!

Cheers

Dave

Not again blink.gif

VFS do provide a courier service.

Normally one has to ask, and pay, for this when submitting the original application. However, given the circumstances it may be worth contacting them (Tel +66 (0)2-800-8050) to ask if they can courier the passport back to her; even though the fault lies with the entry clearance office at the embassy, not with VFS. Wont hurt to ask.

You may be interested in UK Border Agency - Feedback & Complaints.

VFS do provide a courier service.

Normally one has to ask, and pay, for this when submitting the original application. However, given the circumstances it may be worth contacting them (Tel +66 (0)2-800-8050) to ask if they can courier the passport back to her; even though the fault lies with the entry clearance office at the embassy, not with VFS. Wont hurt to ask.

You may be interested in UK Border Agency - Feedback & Complaints.

They charge enough, one would hope VFS would courier it back and ask the Embassy to reimburse them.

HI,

My Fiance Arrived back to Udon last night, and guess what she got an Email this morning from VFS asking her to collect her revised passport.

Bit annoyed as VFS told my Fiance that it would take a minimum of 2-7 days to sort , had they said they would sort it straight away my Fiancee would have stayed in a hotel overnight.

My Fiance also asked about the courier service , and they told her that it was'nt available to any villages in the Udon thani provice.

My Fiance is on her way back to BKK , so hopefully we will get some good news.

Cheers

Dave

HI,

My Fiance Arrived back to Udon last night, and guess what she got an Email this morning from VFS asking her to collect her revised passport.

Bit annoyed as VFS told my Fiance that it would take a minimum of 2-7 days to sort , had they said they would sort it straight away my Fiancee would have stayed in a hotel overnight.

My Fiance also asked about the courier service , and they told her that it was'nt available to any villages in the Udon thani provice.

My Fiance is on her way back to BKK , so hopefully we will get some good news.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Everybody,

My fiance has now collected her VISA and I happy to say the correct one has now been issued and we can now get married in the UK in August

Many thanks , this forum has been a fantastic help .

Cheers

Dave