I Want Lease Land In Issan For Farm.

teerak68

Hi,

I want lease or rent land in issan for cassava farm.

I want about 100 rai first.

1. How much the rental / lease price near korat (driving from korat about 1Hours is ok) / How much did you paid?

2. Where can i find land for lease?

3. If i set company up, can lease from gove.?

Thank you

You do not need a company to rent land, your Thai wife's name will do.

In general, the price is about 1000 B per rai per year. Perhaps now, with high taro prices, it will be higher.

Good land for cassava is in very high demand, finding it available for rent is questionable.

If you do find some, check it carefully, make sure it does not flood ETC.

The only way to find some, is by networking with (Thai) people around you until you're in the right place at the right time.

Good luck

In general, the price is about 1000 B per rai per year. Perhaps now, with high taro prices, it will be higher.

Good land for cassava is in very high demand, finding it available for rent is questionable.

The only way to find some, is by networking with (Thai) people around you until you're in the right place at the right time.

Good luck

Good info., so what is the crop grown in Isaan where they plant apparently dry sticks which

grow into a crop and some Europeans call potatoes?

Good luck

Good info., so what is the crop grown in Isaan where they plant apparently dry sticks which

grow into a crop and some Europeans call potatoes?

Cassava...http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/188328-growing-cassava-in-thailand/

The safest option to protect your interests is to set up a company in which you own less than 50% of the shares. Since you would be a minority shareholder and the company would be majority owned by Thai nationals there would be no restrictions on land leases.

Provided you do not sign any documents, you will not need a work permit. If you wish to manage the company, however, restrictions may apply as farm supervision is one of the restricted activities for foreigners. Legal advice on how to proceed would be recommended.

http://www.sunbeltlegaladvisors.com/