Adoption Of A Thai Child

Brutiniero

Hello,

it might be that this subject isn't new, but I would like to know if there are any german nationals with experience.

I want to adopt the child of my wife, 13 years old and IN Germany already.

What I need is advice how to proceed here and over there in Thailand?

What I need and how long this process will be?

I have been in Thailand for about 10 years, but havent been there since 2008.

The child is here in Germany since 2008 too and doing well. With an adoption I want to avoid later problems - about choosing nationality and such stuff.

Every advice is welcome :)

Thanks

B.

Not sure about German adoption laws and such. But, 1 does she want to be adopted and 2, where is the Father, and what is his position.

In my country, unless the Father gives up parental rights, adoption is impossible.

I hope you get things sorted out, and everything works for the best.

As I recall

In Thailand mother needs to have sole custody by fathers signatures or court order.

You need to be married in Thailand for minimum one year before applying

Application is done at Changwat child is registered resident

If you do not recieve good advice here in General, I suggest you press the Report button in lower left corner and ask to move your Topic to Family Forum

Thank you for your response !

I think we have already the stuff done and a court paper that the father has no rights (he wanted money that time).

The child wants to be adopted as I take care about 10 years already and sees me as father :), therfor I don't worry about "child support" as I support and love the child a long time already.

Thanks for the warning.

The child I want to adopt has 2 half sisters which are my own daughters.

We are all IN Germany and I have no clue where to start the whole thing.

Thanks.

Thank you for your response !

I think we have already the stuff done and a court paper that the father has no rights (he wanted money that time).

The child wants to be adopted as I take care about 10 years already and sees me as father :), therfor I don't worry about "child support" as I support and love the child a long time already.

Thanks for the warning.

The child I want to adopt has 2 half sisters which are my own daughters.

We are all IN Germany and I have no clue where to start the whole thing.

Thanks.

A former friend of mine did exactly the same, and as I recall it was all done in Germany, except for some documents like birth certificate etc.

Unfortunately since then that friend has passed away so impossible to get more info.

Yermanee

As above, you are looking for an international adoption which must comply to the laws of both countries involved.

The starting point will be the adoption agency in Germany, which will guide you through the process, including the Thai side.

Some more information here:

http://thailawonline.com/en/family/children/adoption.html

Ok, thanks for the advice.

Does somebody know if my child will loose the Thai nationality.

I thought after German law we have blood right. Meaning if you have one German parent you are German by blood - this goes with the adoption in the same way.

And as we do have a Thai birth certificate for everybody - like I said I have two own daughters too, Thai nationality never gets lost.

My stepdaughter could stay in Germany like it is, but would be forced (without adoption) to choose nationality once 18-23 (its a process),

- at least I think so ....

I found that kinda unfair, as my daughters would have 2 citizenship - and my stepdaughter who is 100% Thai would have to choose.

And as she has her school and live here in Germany, it would be a mess.

Don't want her to be forced to marry a guy one day, only to be sure in Germany.

And of course I wish to keep them all equal

Thank you very much for you help.

:)