Set Meal Deals Around Town

PattayaOneTeam

The Frugal Gourmand

READY, SET, EAT

Many of Fun Town's restaurants offer great value with their set menus. You can often get a three or four-course dinner for less than 300 baht. I recently tried the Sunday set menu at Aquarius Restaurant in Jomtien Complex, diagonally opposite The Venue. This attractive bistro offers indoor and outdoor seating and has a special set menu every day for around 380 baht. (Ok, we splurged and spent an extra 80 baht.) It includes a starter, main course and ice cream for dessert. The meal started off with a complimentary, mini shrimp cocktail. For the starter, I chose the salmon pate, while my dining companion had the chicken soup. We were both quite happy with our choices. Then, I tried the grilled salmon with lemon and butter sauce, which was very tasty. They also offered roast chicken with grape sauce, which was tender and flavorful. On other evenings, you can have leg of lamb, lamb shank and roast beef. Aquarius also has an extensive a la carte menu, including Thai food.

Also in Jomtien Complex, on the same soi as Aquarius is Ole's, which offers various set menus for 320 baht, including bread and butter, appetizer, main and dessert. All the sets are offered daily. Ole's has been open for about eight months and is definitely worth a try. It also doubles as an art gallery displaying paintings by 'Thong K.' I tried a set dinner featuring grilled red salmon with saffron sauce which was, indeed, quite delicious. It was served with crispy and flavorful grilled vegetables with pesto sauce. The starter was smoked salmon atop greens with balsamic dressing. Although Chocolate brownie cake was listed as the dessert, they allowed me to substitute fresh mango with sticky rice, which was the perfect ending to a very satisfactory dinner. Add 100 baht for a glass of wine and your meal is still well under 500 baht. Other sets feature items such as beef steak, pork steak and red snapper. There's also an extensive a la carte menu. Most mains are under 200 baht.

To read the rest of this article download the PDF here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/download/666-pattaya-one-issue-9/

Enjoyed this article? Why not go to our poll and vote for it at:

gallery_327_1086_2603.gif

-- Pattaya One 2011-02-09