Thai Monks On The Road

phuketrichard

In the buddhist forum, a poster asked: is it different to donate to a monk, rather then to others.

The answer was YES.

Next the Person that answered (remark the cap lock, it is a clue) continued by saying that donating to a prominent monk will send more and bigger riples in your karma.

The problem is you get mainly 2 types of monks...1.the real monk,who is commited to Buddha..2.the part time monk..who goes and stays and works in the temple for a short time..3. the other monks who are usually..conmen..Do you have any idea how much money..WAT CHALONG..generates in a year?....and how much is really going to rightful causes...I WONDER?

The problem is you get mainly 2 types of monks...1.the real monk,who is commited to Buddha..2.the part time monk..who goes and stays and works in the temple for a short time..3. the other monks who are usually..conmen..Do you have any idea how much money..WAT CHALONG..generates in a year?....and how much is really going to rightful causes...I WONDER?

most of it goes to the cops, which make sure we get as much traffic jams as we possibly can, which makes more money to the gas station(idle, stop and go, tons of A/C) which kills the earth a little faster. Satan does get a lot for his cause from this little wat

most of it goes to the cops, which make sure we get as much traffic jams as we possibly can, which makes more money to the gas station(idle, stop and go, tons of A/C) which kills the earth a little faster. Satan does get a lot for his cause from this little wat

what a load of rubbish :bah:

What little credibility you had, you just chucked away with that post.

Pretty much shows how little you know.

I take it the hitchhiking monks didn't look anything like this bunch that we came across on a recent road trip. They still had several more weeks of walking before they were to reach their destination.

Map%20%20006.jpg

What a great picture;

only the man in white wears shoes.

There's dedication.

Must admit, don't really interact with monks all that often, but, I don't trust most of them.

Usually when a criminal is released from prison, at the insistence of the family, he will join the monk-hood for three months "to make amends".

Remember the case of the European girl raped and murdered by one of these monks up north? Her body was hidden in a ravine.

I take it the hitchhiking monks didn't look anything like this bunch that we came across on a recent road trip. They still had several more weeks of walking before they were to reach their destination.

Map%20%20006.jpg

What a great picture;

only the man in white wears shoes.

There's dedication.

great picture....and I see the third monk has read The Hitchikers Guiede to the Galaxy

Glad you liked the picture. Noticed a few monks with bandages and ankle wraps. Wondered how they were going to make it to the end of their trip.

This picture comes from one of my blog posts where I chronicle a recent road trip. No other monk shots, however. There is also a google map of the route, in post just preceding this one. :)

Edited by villagefarang