Is It An American Disease?

a99az

Anyone who visits rural Thailand for more than a few hours, can’t help but notice the small community rubbish dumps at the end of some soi’s, or on the edge of some wast ground.

The dumps are often picked over by people who scratch out a living from it.

To day I saw a group of about eight smartly dressed Americans of mixed age and sex, climb out in there nice new looking 4X4 cars, tooled up with nice new white face masks new gloves and shinny new buckets and bin’s clearing our government school dump at the back of the school in Phayao. I later I was told that they are a group of missionaries who are here doing gods work.unsure.gif

Can’t think how depriving people of there only form of income is going to help anyone. blink.gif

If however they had donated the cash they spent on all the masks gloves bins and the transport to the local temple, it would have helped many more. But I guess they would not want to be seen batting for the other side.rolleyes.gif

The US must be a pretty clean place. Or maybe they will try to get some funding for yet another dud NGO group, who knows. Is it an American disease to want to make the rest of the world like the USA?

It is perfectly acceptable to report on events and give opinions, but personal attacks editorializing an event to bash any specific country is against ThaiVisa posting rules.

As per:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

//Closed//