How Strong Is A Thai Motorbike Helmet?

JimsKnight

What complete and utter crap.

Those "tests" prove nothing at all and there is still no way I'd use a Thai helmet. I'll stick to my Shoei that has been properly designed and tested and has a Snell racing rating.

A helmet is not only supposed to NOT break, it should also have been designed to protect and cushion the head/brain within it with padding designed to decelerate and reduce impact forces. The helmet "tested" in the video does none of those things.

I'd like to see you break a Shoei that easily with a stick . . . lol

Those "tests" prove nothing at all and there is still no way I'd use a Thai helmet. I'll stick to my Shoei that has been properly designed and tested and has a Snell racing rating.

A helmet is not only supposed to NOT break, it should also have been designed to protect and cushion the head/brain within it with padding designed to decelerate and reduce impact forces. The helmet "tested" in the video does none of those things.

If you send me the one you masturbate on about I'd be glad to put it through it's paces :)

You might be suprised ;)

The tests proved that Thai helmets are stronger than the helmet-nazi's first reckoned that's for sure :D

unless it's A military helmet you don't have much between you and the car,road brick building etc.A good high speed accident you'll probably become brain dead if your not all the way dead.

I didn't know you were an expert on accident crash outcomes and helmet trauma. Please, I look forward to how you come to such wild speculation.

The fact that bikers who've been thrown down the road can get up again nearly unscatched should remove anymore crap from your mouth. :)

Just watch any bike race on TV to see what I mean on that one...

I'm not a physicist, but I would think that there is a considerable difference between a person hurtling through the air at 60 - 70 kilometers per hour and some guy swinging a metal stick.

I would love to see a crash test done on these Thai helmets by the US DOT or similar organization.

There is a difference in some crashes that's certain. But a lot of accidents happen around towns and the local area a bike is kept in, typically the speeds are a lot slower than you'd think :)

unless it's A military helmet you don't have much between you and the car,road brick building etc.A good high speed accident you'll probably become brain dead if your not all the way dead.

Even the guy on the video said he wouldn't want to trust it in a high speed crash. And unless I misunderstood, I think he also said the helmet was previously involved in some pothole crash by a friend. Interesting he was using a flexible baton. Not sure many roads would be that flexible. You're right though. If the speed is fast enough, a helmet might not matter much if you end up as a stain on the road.

Even the guy on the video said he wouldn't want to trust it in a high speed crash. And unless I misunderstood, I think he also said the helmet was previously involved in some pothole crash by a friend. Interesting he was using a flexible baton. Not sure many roads would be that flexible. You're right though. If the speed is fast enough, a helmet might not matter much if you end up as a stain on the road.

Thank you, if only all TV posters actually took on board what a video said...

Yes the helmet had already suffered trauma prior to this test to destruction :)

If you send me the one you masturbate on about I'd be glad to put it through it's paces :)

You might be suprised ;)

The tests proved that Thai helmets are stronger than the helmet-nazi's first reckoned that's for sure :D

And they are. I purchased an open face DoT approved helmet overseas last year and I would not trust the padding

under rapid deceleration with a road anymore than most people would with the Thai.

As to the shoei lover: Each to their own but if you want to wear the helmet for testing I will offer to swing the stick

• 2 weeks later...

Let's take it for what it is... It's a backyard test... Complete with picket fence and picnic table... It doesn't purport to be an accredited test commissioned by the manufacturer.There are a wide range of helmets here... From plastic "toy" helmets, to low cost helmets which have attempted to provide serious protection, and do a reasonable job of it.The biggest factor is how they are worn... A full face perched on top of the forehead, or an oversized skull cap sitting back on the head, or a genet worn without the strap done up, will provide little protection regardless of the design and constriction standards.(I personally wear a Shoei, as I ride a big bike... My personal choice. Happy to wear the Index open face to the market on my girlfriend's Scoopy... You can leave it on the bike with little fear of it walking. Not quite so with the Shoei!)

What complete and utter crap are,

the 200 bht , crappy strap thai helmets , that would probably fly off ,

and disintegrate into dust on impact with the ground .

i do not understand the farang CCs who wear them .

they should know better . dont they value their lives ?.

:jap:

What complete and utter crap are,

the 200 bht , crappy strap thai helmets , that would probably fly off ,

and disintegrate into dust on impact with the ground .

i do not understand the farang CCs who wear them .

they should know better . dont they value their lives ?.

:jap:

I most certainly understand a person wearing a helmet as opposed to one who neglects to even bother <_<