New International Racing Circuit For Pattaya

Pattaya_Fox

Meeting announces new international racing circuit to be constructed just outside of Pattaya.

Good news for racing fans now. At Pattaya City Hall a signing ceremony took place between the T.I.M.C. Company and Pattaya City Hall. The signing of this memorandum of understanding between the Mayor of Pattaya, Khun Niran, and Khun Gritgrai, the Managing director of T.I.M.C., the Thailand International Motorsport Complex concerned the construction of a new racing circuit in Kow Mai Geow sub-district which is 20 minutes outside of Pattaya. This circuit will differ to the one currently on Highway 36, the Bira International circuit. This new circuit will be constructed to International standards and will include a car park for over 4,000 cars, there will also be a helipad which can accommodate 3 helicopters at one time and the complex will have a capacity of 60,000 including a 15,000 capacity covered stadium. The comples will be completed by the middle of next year and the circuit will hopefully attract high profile international competitions.

Pattaya City News

Tuesday 6th September 2005.

• 2 weeks later...
Meeting announces new international racing circuit to be constructed just outside of Pattaya.

This circuit will differ to the one currently on Highway 36, the Bira International circuit.  This new circuit will be constructed to International standards and will include a car park for over 4,000 cars,

My understanding is that the BIRA track is also to international standards, BUT

the Royal Thai Customs officials would never co-operate to allow cars and equipment to be imported on a temporary basis for races.

So only local events are held.

I wish them luck!!