Photobucket Image Links Give Access To Entire Library

Trevor25222

e.g. You send someone the URL for a single image you previously uploaded to your Photobucket site.

URL ends in ... /username/singleimage.jpg

If they delete 'singleimage.jpg',and hit return they get into ALL your uploaded images! This clearly compromises one's privacy, and there is absolutely no warning about this on the site.

Is there a technique to avoid this eventuality, or another hosting website which maintains general privacy through not having such an obvious, crackable, URL? Thanks.

Edited by Trevor25222

Just go to album options and set privacy to private from public. Create a public album for sharing.

I just checked my album to be private but the images still appear, as previously posted through the image links, on message boards. The URLs on Photobucket have not changed.

I then created a new album, checked private, copied the image URL, and that displays publicly too. So what exactly does 'private' mean? Even if I use the option for a password, that will allow viewers into my whole album with a couple of keystrokes to remove the image name. For full individual-image privacy, I would have to open a separate album for each image and then protect each album with a different password.

To repeat, my intention is for viewers of a single image link to be able to see that image ONLY, and not the whole album by simply knocking the image name off the end of the URL. This isn't rocket science.

Personally I find Photobucket to be misleading, and it make very little effort to protect privacy ... many users must have sent single-image links in all innocence, without realising they contain the key to the whole album. Can anyone recommend a better image hoster which offers image URLs which are not child's-play to crack? Thanks.

Edited by Trevor25222