I'Ve Lost My Dog At The Institute Of Education (Chang Phuak)

Krupnik

Hi everyone

Thanks for your useful comments when I lost my dog at Doi Suthep - yes I did take your advice and I didn't take her there again. On Sunday we were jogging at the track at the Institute of Physical Education Chang Phueak (which is not too far from our house, but she has never been on foot, only by bike or car). We usually go there every day and she knows it very well. Suddenly there were some loud (what sounded like) gun shots and she, being very scared of fireworks etc or loud noises of any kind, disappeared and hid somewhere. I did not see where she went, nor did anyone else in the vicinity.

I thought she would re-appear just like she did at Doi Suthep but it's now Tuesday and she's been missing since Sunday and absolutely nobody has reported a sighting of her. We have asked so many people and been back so many times and plastered the area with posters. Absolutely nothing. As it is a busy place in the evening, I can only assume she has gone somewhere more quiet, but I can't think where, we've searched everywhere. She is small and amazingly good at getting in the tiniest of hiding places.

I am out of my mind with worry.... if you have any suggestions that would be welcome or please keep an eye out for her if you are in the Chang Phueak area.

Thank you.

Dee (Dog's name is Teee - picture attached.)

Here ya go.

Good luck. Hope you find her soon.

That's a good start--yellow/blond short-hair of undetermined breed. Can you give an idea of size, 5, 10, 15 kg? Is she old and frail or young and frisky? Also, how is she with strangers, does she nip or try to make friends? Can someone who's good with dogs coax her in?

I hope you find her, I grew up with dogs and know they become family.

Thanks I have tried a leash with her but it just doesn't work, because of her personality.

She is a thai mix breed dog, she is naturally thin. She weighs about 6.5 kilos.

She does not nip, but she is EXTREMELY scared of strangers, and many things, especially loud dogs. However, some people she will take to immediately, especially if they are Thai, female, and especially if they are small or young. It is rare though. Most people she will run away from. She is a very fast runner.

She is extremely good at finding very small places to hide. She usually likes to hide when she is scared. She is able to go a very long time with needing to eat or drink.

Please keep a look out I am desperately, desperately worried !!!

'yes I did take your advice and I didn't take her there again.'...And that indemnifies you from taking better care of her wherever you go, especially given her personality, and yours.

Edited by tango

'yes I did take your advice and I didn't take her there again.'...And that indemnifies you from taking better care of her wherever you go, especially given her personality, and yours.

What do you know about my or her personality?? How is this comment helpful??

If anyone knows or anything please get in touch and keep an eye out for her! Thank you.

If anyone knows or anything please get in touch and keep an eye out for her! Thank you.

Ignore the trolls, it is hard since they make up the majority here, feeding them is a good way to see your thread spiral out of control and completely off topic.

Pretty dog, hope you find her. I will keep an eye out as I live in the area she was lost.

Ignore the trolls, it is hard since they make up the majority here, feeding them is a good way to see your thread spiral out of control and completely off topic.

Pretty dog, hope you find her. I will keep an eye out as I live in the area she was lost.

The biggest troll on here seems to be a woman that has lost her dog twice in 3 months due to the fact that she cannot control it, if the dog can't be put on a leash then leave it at home, I have a dog that needs to be leashed so I leash it simple. People who can't look after dogs shouldn't have them, it annoys the hell out of me when I take my dog for a walk and some idiot has a dog not on a leash that comes running up to mine wanting to play or in most cases fight and the owner stares at me as if ive done something wrong as my dog which is leashed fights back, and then you get the attitude from the Pitbulls/Roti's/Dobermans are bad dogs brigade chirping up when most of the time its the idiot with the little dog that is not on a leash that causes the whole thing. I hope the OP finds the dog but I hope that next time she leaves it at home. Rant over :angry:

I hope the OP finds her dog. Good luck.

But I also feel that she needs to learn how to look after such an animal. My last dog came from a rescue home and was emotionally all over the place when I first got her. Through love, care and effort she happily learnt to walk and run along side me on a leash. Off the leash, she was taught to come when called.

Edited by Contractor

Thank you so much! Here are two ways to identify her - physically she looks just look a small fox, as you can hopefully see in the pic. Her personality is very very timid and skittish. She will run away from most people. When she is scared (which she will be) she loves to hide. So I am hoping someone might come across her in a hiding place....

My telephone number is 0870 650262.

Thanks again, I'm so grateful.

I hope the OP finds her dog. Good luck.

But I also feel that she needs to learn how to look after such an animal. My last dog came from a rescue home and was emotionally all over the place when I first got her. Through love, care and effort she happily learnt to walk and run along side me on a leash. Off the leash, she was taught to come when called.

You don't understand what she is like. She came from a rescue home and was the same. She is still extremely timid, but she is also extremely close with me. She will not move from beside my feet. Wherever I am, she is. She can never be more than a foot away from me. She doesn't need to come when called, because she will never go anywhere. However, when she is scared, she wants to bury herself in to the nearest hole she can find. usually somewhere under my feet, but she couldn't do that while we were jogging.

Anyway, she was found tonight. My friend called me from a bar that we used to go to and she had turned up there, actually near my old house. I have no idea how she made it there, but just very very very happy she's home.

Thanks for those of you who added useful and helpful comments, and to Tripritter for offering look out. Oh and I forgot to say thanks elektrified for posting the link to the pic.

Cheers

Dee

Wonderful news. Almost a miracle.

A problem is that Thailand, when dog handling, represents exceptions to the experiences of most ex-pats. Just as pit bull on a leash out in public might be risky (due to free-ranging dogs), the best trained creatures off a leash can be startled into running by explosives or other surprises.

I can easily imagine the difficulty of explaining to a pit bull why fighting is not civil - or to a frightened little street dog that running away represents poor long-term planning. But since we're all human, and ostensibly (somewhat denied by exceptions belonging to the "kick 'em while they're down" club) more intelligent, we know that only a considerable investment in care and particularly training will meet the case.

That is, walking a dog on a leash which is prone to fighting is illegal in some communities in the country of my birth, and walking dogs without leashes illegal in numerous others (in spite of the dog's wishes - we're in charge.) Those laws were created for reasons, and whether we agree with them or not, they represent experience.

Compared to a life on the street, and however differing our knowledge and methods, we are trying to create a better environment for the animals.

Though I wonder sometimes about their loss of freedom. And any creatures as happy to see me when I get home must have been terribly bored. (Or hungry.):rolleyes:

Edited by CMX

Wonderful news, I'm so happy for both you and the dog.

You've been given two chances, there might not be a third.

For heaven's sake don't take the dog out without a leash anymore, you know what happens!

If you do, then I'm afraid you will be nothing but irresponsible.

All the best to you both smile.gif

Wonderful news, I'm so happy for both you and the dog.

You've been given two chances, there might not be a third.

For heaven's sake don't take the dog out without a leash anymore, you know what happens!

If you do, then I'm afraid you will be nothing but irresponsible.

All the best to you both smile.gif

Agree 100% with the above.

Glad the dog was found safe.

Rgds