What'S Chiang Mai Like May/June Time?

smokie36

Hi I'm thinking of making my first trip to Chiang Mai in late May or early June for a few days and just wondering if its a good time to visit...ie not the rainy season or swelteringly hot etc....

Also if anyone can recommend a decent centrally located hotel for around 1000 Baht a night I would be grateful.

Thanks!

But never mind the rain! It doesn't rain for a day, not even half a day! And everything smells so nice after a rainfall and the trees and plants are beautiful green.

For your info: I know quiet a few people leaving CM for March until June and they come back when the rainy season starts.

IMO rainy season is the best time to visit Chiang Mai. Schedule trip for late June, early July for beautiful days and light showers some evenings.

I agree......May can be really uncomfortable. The rainy season's quite refreshing and it doesn't rain all day.

June is one of the best months of the year. (After the winter months). It sucks not getting significant rain for 6 months.. When the first rain falls, (which is usually just a 1 hour event in the afternoon or evening), it really helps nature, and some green returns to the landscape.

So you get some rain to cool things down, but not the prolonged rain that you get later on in the rainy season.

IMO rainy season is the best time to visit Chiang Mai. Schedule trip for late June, early July for beautiful days and light showers some evenings.

I agree......May can be really uncomfortable. The rainy season's quite refreshing and it doesn't rain all day.

Try Penang, and you will find CM very comfortable. :whistling: