Low Cost Hotel - Chiang Mia Town Centre

ozzydave

I am looking for hotel under 1000BT near the Sunday market - there is a place very close that is set back from the road. Its about 15 years old as I could last tell, but i cant find the name again.

Expect A/C and wifi, pool would be worth a few hundred bhat extra

I did read the pinned list, but it is a little dated and I did not recognise the name (reciept was in Thai anyway)

Thanks Guys

I looked all around Chiang Mai for 4 days before choosing the Mini Cost Apartments - http://www.minicostcm.com/ - no pool but only 4 years old, the price includes Wi-Fi Cable TV and power, the web sites I researched called it one of the best places to stay in CM - I concur and will definitely be going back again, highly recommended. I stayed one year !

The Montri Hotel (changed it's name to M Hotel) is located inside the Moat at Thapae Gate and has a loyal clientele base which keeps returning year after year. It has wifi, airconditioning, spotlessly clean and is around 1000 baht a night including breakfast.

• 1 year later...

Top North is just outside Tha Pai Gate and has a pool. I personally don't like them but your experience might be different.

Old thread I know but does anyone have anything to say about The Top North? Haven't stayed but am looking at it.

Live here and drive there twice a day to drop off my daughter and pick her up after school. It is low season. Most hotels have signs out front from 199Bt , 390 Bt. pool and A/C on up. Vacancy rates are high with many only running 10 - 20 % full. I suggest getting here, driving around or looking in the area you want and make an offer.

Live here and drive there twice a day to drop off my daughter and pick her up after school. It is low season. Most hotels have signs out front from 199Bt , 390 Bt. pool and A/C on up. Vacancy rates are high with many only running 10 - 20 % full. I suggest getting here, driving around or looking in the area you want and make an offer.

Thanks but that's not possible...

I'm working in Bangkok and don't have time or budget to just go up to find a room ahead of time and I'll have 2 young kids and 2 old grandparents in tow when I do go so I can't have them going from place to place in the hopes of finding what we want. Moreover I'm looking for something for during Loy Krathong so that presumably could be a very different story in terms of availability.