Poker Chips

nikotin888

I looked into buying some a year or so back and could not find any anywhere. Then had the bright idea of telling a mate due to visit to bring some over, until my Thai friend said if he got caught at customs he would be arrested. It is illegal wether you say your just playing for "play money " or not :angry:, probably not what you want to hear but if you get a game going can I get an invite ;)

LOL..."not real money"....wink wink

If you cant find chips, you could use the local coins...be kinda fun and interesting....they have 10 bhah that look like us qrts, 5B coins look like nickles and 1 bhat that is like 3 us cents that look like a US dime... and even a more annoying coin than the 1 bhah is the 1/2 the ring ping store gives me from time to time....of course, you could all just do a bhah each coin buy in then once one guy has all the "chips/coins) you could all give each person their coins back...wink wink

sounds fun, except the not real money play part...lol...what fun is that?

Just another one of those supposed "Freedoms" of living in Thailand I suppose.

If anyone has ever gone down the list of freedoms by category then Thailand ranks in dismal fashion.

Freedom of the Press

Economic Freedom

Freedom of protest and assembly

Internet and Freedom of expression

Freedom to choose what goes in one's body

What is this freedom mantra I hear people raving about?

Echo the others.... Any small items would suffice. Get creative with your freedoms.

I have played before using MM's rather than chips. Brown = 1, yellow = 5, red = 10, green = 20 and so on. Peanut MM's could be used for even higher amounts or values. To make it a bit interesting issue each player one unopened bag of MM's so that each player has a different starting balance, such as in real life.

The winner eats all. OK, now you know why I'm so big, I win alot LOL

LOL..."not real money"....wink wink

If you cant find chips, you could use the local coins...be kinda fun and interesting....they have 10 bhah that look like us qrts, 5B coins look like nickles and 1 bhat that is like 3 us cents that look like a US dime... and even a more annoying coin than the 1 bhah is the 1/2 the ring ping store gives me from time to time....of course, you could all just do a bhah each coin buy in then once one guy has all the "chips/coins) you could all give each person their coins back...wink wink

sounds fun, except the not real money play part...lol...what fun is that?

1 baht = 3 cents........ Hmmmm at the rate it's going it will soon be 4......

I think the small gold looking coin is referred to as 50 satang (= 1/2 baht) and the smallest one is 25 satang (= 1/4 baht).

BTW, I had thought ahead and brought my chips and cards with me when I moved here........ shhhhhhhhh

Thx for all the replies!

The Thing is real coins would be cheaper to buy(change) as a set of pokerchips LOL,but that would be difficult to explain!;-)

MMs in end of march would be a mess i guess!;-)

Wright about no fun if no real money involved,but at least there should be no real money near the table,555!

I will just have a look around an get anything that looks like coins,but thx alot guys!

Thx for all the replies!

The Thing is real coins would be cheaper to buy(change) as a set of pokerchips LOL,but that would be difficult to explain!;-)

Wright about no fun if no real money involved,but at least there should be no real money near the table,555!

I will just have a look around an get anything that looks like coins,but thx alot guys!

The ad on television states "They (MM's) melt in you mouth and not in your hands". LOL

Thx for all the replies!

The ad on television states "They (MM's) melt in you mouth and not in your hands". LOL

That test would be disaster for MMs!555