Student Loan

Johno111

Good day all,

A little adviceconcerning student loans in Thailand.

I have a lady I haveknown for some time, from the Udon Area not a BG.

We have decided tomarry, the sin sod has been requested a large amount, but what worries me nowis that I find my good lady has a student loan.

How does this work?

I marry her pay the sinsod and then, who pays the student loan?

She tells me that ifshe does not pay the parents will be responsible, I don’t see that. I think ifshe married with me it will be our funds or me as a married couple that wouldhave to pay this.

Now to the point whenshe was at University she live with another Thai chap and used the Student loanto live on, so basically I would be paying to support her and her Thai manduring the University years.

I don’t feel happyabout that at all.

I though the sin sodwas to pay for her education??

Any advice on this

The sin sod asked foris 500,000 and they pay the food at the wedding I pay the rest. Oh not tomention 5B gold requested and Diamond ring

The student load isfor 300,000 owing.

What is the rule inThailand on this sort of situation should the student loan not be deducted fromthe sin sod

Any good advice please

Thanks in Advance

:D You cant be serious. Have fun with the answers.

The student loan will of course have to be paid by you when you are married. (if she does not pay)

:lol: .....I would question the relevance of the OP's comment stating the lady concerned is not a BG

my friend you will be responsible for all costs before/once married....Sin Sot and loan are not even closely connected.....the Sin Sot is for the outlaws

Its interesting to note that the outlaws have generously offered to pay for the food....:ermm: ...but you will be shafted for 500k + 5 bht gold + a diamond ring (1 caret, I suspect) + the booze bill...;)

so lets see where we are as regards totals by way of rough calculation for your contribution:

+/- 800k...Sin Sot + gold + ring

Lets say another 100k for the booze bill

300k for student loan

= THB 1.2 million approx

Outlaws estimated contribution for food maybe....50k...

My suggestion tell the incumbent wife to go and get a job and pay off her loans and you loving outlaws to go and stick the request for 500k up their bottoms

If the family co-signed for the loan, the family is indeed responsible. My friend had an unserviced student loan, the government threatened to seize the aunt's house etc. He negotiated a monthly debt retirement package of 3000 baht/month.

Do not pay sin sot, unless the family has the student debt settled or else they will return and say they will lose the house etc.

You picked a real winner here. When you have problems 2 years from now, please do not return to TVF moaning and groaning about how you were fleeced.

Mate you don't want to worry about the rule in Thailand. As it says in the film, run Forrest. :cheesy:

Seriously though. Find a nice B/G.

You could also go to the top of general topics page, go down to the 5th topic Sin Sod an explanation. It might help you.

jb1

Agree with Robloke. Vile hatred is headed your way. Sorry.

Please spell my name correct :D

I have always been against sin sod but i just get tired of typing my opinion about it. Maybe i should put it in word and copy and paste it all the time. It seems this question comes up a lot. :D

The real sin sod was always given back but now it is just a way to milk the farang. But as i also stated if the guy is a lot older and a lot less desirable i can see why a sin sod is needed. Else the lady would not even consider marrying.

With most of my wifes friends there is no sin sod though it does happen (thai on thai) and one guy is still paying of the loan for sin sod while he is in a unhappy marriage.

I haven't paid a dime and i would not even consider it. Helping the in laws is ok but not like that with a sin sod.

Damm.. started typing again its a touchy subject :D