Tried To Install Bluetooth Without Success

bod

I have a Toshiba laptop going on 5 years old. It has an integrated bluetooth adapter. When I originally bought the laptop it had Windows XP on it and the Bluetooth adapter/function worked. When I updated to Vista, the Bluetooth adapter/function continued to work. But when I upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium (a clean install) about a year ago with follow-on reinstall of Toshiba specific driver per Toshiba instructions, the Bluetooth adapter/function stopped working. Everything else worked fine, but not the Bluetooth funciton. Can't get the Bluetooth driver to load properly no matter what I try. I've tried the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack and the Bluetooth Stack by Toshiba....both stacks/programs will load but at the very end the specific Bluetooth driver will not install.

I'm tried Toshiba Vista drivers from the Toshiba website for my particular laptop...and yes, the bluetooth adapter is turned on. In the area for my laptop on the Toshiba web site, they stopped providing "specific" driver/program updates for my laptop shortly after Windows 7 came out and only provided a few generic programs related to Windows 7 which will work on any Toshiba laptop. Over the last week or so I've made a concentrated effort to try to get the Bluetooth adapter/function to work, but only had limited success when apparently the MS Bluetooth Stack that comes with Win 7 got the adapter working briefly...but right after I turned off the computer and turned it back on, the adapter no longer worked/driver wouldn't load properly. I've tried the Vista Bluetooth Stack for Toshiba (Ver 5) that was the last Bluetooth stack update for my computer...and I've also used Ver 6, 7, and the hot of the press Ver 8 Bluetooth Stack for Toshiba available from their European web site. Heck, in another post I made a few minutes ago I stated how my Win 7 Service Pack 1 update went (piece of cake) and it didn't help my Bluetooth situation either.

I even called Toshiba the other night and they basically said since my laptop was a 2006 model they no longer supported it for drivers...they only support 2007 and forward models with Win 7 drivers/programs/etc. Toshiba's current policy is to stop providing driver/program udpates for a specific model after approx 3 years. Ex: for 2006 models, 2009 was the last year they continued to post updated drivers/programs for that specific model on their support web site. But as many of you know, you can use programs/drivers for "certain" other later year models with no problems...a lot depending on the chipsets being used....you need to do some research and create Restore Points/Hard Drive backups when experiementing like this. The Toshiba rep did offer to walk me through reverting my laptop to Vista for a $35 fee which may fix my bluetooth issue....I said no thanks....I wanted to say more than that but I didn't.

I'll continue to try to get the integrated Bluetooth adapter to work but I ain't holding my breathe for success. I plan to buy a low cost USB dongle which is suppose to work with Toshiba laptops and see what happens.

If anyone out there has had success in getting their older model (say manufactured in 2006 or earlier) Toshiba laptop "with intergrated Bluetooth adapter" running on Win 7 to work, I'm all ears as to how you got it to work. Thanks in advance.