Uk Visitor Visa

i have only just started looking at this subject but it seems to apply for a visa i need to show i help her out/give sponsorship?

she never asks me for money to put in the bank as i spend 6 months at a time in thailand so if she needs anything i can buy it as im there with her. is it really improtant for me to show i give her money? she just wants to come over for 6 month as i spend 6 months of the year in thailand as it is. im not lookgin for settlement or nothing just a visit.

i know she is gonna struggle with the english test a bit but i have 3 months till i go home to help her out with it/send her to school.

from what im reading it seems im going to struggle to get her a visa on the grounds i dont give her money. she has had a australia visa before, will this make things easier?

the whole subject is pretty confusng :blink:

You don't need the English test for a visitor visa.

And I think you may be confused about the "sponsorship" issue. You don't have to demonstrate you're giving her money regularly. You need to demonstrate that you have enough money to pay her costs when she's in the UK. You may also need to prove that you have somewhere for her to stay in the UK.

The key points are (1) is enough money available, and (2) will she go back to Thailand? For the latter, you need to prove things like steady job with approved leave, property ownership.

well she doesnt work currently, she lives with me and i support her here...

she told me when she got her oz visa the guy lied saying she had a job as a cashier (of all things!)

when going back im gonna have to stop at the parents again till i get my own place, i only work 6 months a year in england so full time renting obviously doesnt make sense for me. i see all these things going against me me currently.

Obviously in her application she will need to show that she has access to sufficient funds to pay for the trip and to support herself in the UK without working or claiming public funds.

This money can come from her resources, a sponsor or a third party. Whoever is providing funding should submit evidence to show that they have the money to do so.

Therefore, if you are paying for the trip and supporting her while she is in the UK then you should submit your last 6 months bank statements to show that you have the money to do so.

Whether you have or have not been regularly sending her money in Thailand is not an issue. If you have, you should say so; if you haven't then she should explain how she survives for the 6 months you are away without working and without your help.

Staying at your parents is not a problem. They should write a letter of invitation, and briefly describe the property to show that there is at least one room for the exclusive use of you and her. If they own, it will help if they provide evidence of this, such as a mortgage statement or copy of the deeds. If they rent then a letter from their landlord granting permission for you both to stay there.

You say that she has been living with you in Thailand, so in your sponsor's letter explain this situation and the reason for her visiting the UK at this time. Also include any evidence that you have been living in Thailand and will be returning as well.

As said by AyG, the English test is for settlement applications; she does not need it, or a TB test, for a visit.

well she doesnt work currently, she lives with me and i support her here...

she told me when she got her oz visa the guy lied saying she had a job as a cashier (of all things!)

when going back im gonna have to stop at the parents again till i get my own place, i only work 6 months a year in england so full time renting obviously doesnt make sense for me. i see all these things going against me me currently.

Get a letter from your parents , saying that they will accommodate you and your girlfriend , they should explain how many rooms they have and would provide food and sustenance for her visit.Forget about the last visa , just say that she has had one in the past, because they ask on the visa forms. that infact may help with the reason to return to Thailand , because she has demonstrated thay she would on all probability return to Thailand, And Just because she has not go at Job does not really mater, reason to return is the big one. Another thing how long ago was her last visa,if a few years ago should be no problem if current then maybe they may think about a visa.best of luck

Edited by Thongkorn

her last visa was very recent, she has not been back long but i am still in thailand for the next 3 months before i head home and she heads with me...

with regards to money, during the 6 months here i dont work so obviously when it comes to apply my 6 months statements will just show my money going down and down. could i submit statements from when im working instead or push it back across a whole year to when money is going in and not out?

i dont know how im gonna explain what she does during the time im not there, i am very open about things in thailand and so i let her "work"

her last visa was very recent, she has not been back long but i am still in thailand for the next 3 months before i head home and she heads with me...

with regards to money, during the 6 months here i dont work so obviously when it comes to apply my 6 months statements will just show my money going down and down. could i submit statements from when im working instead or push it back across a whole year to when money is going in and not out?

i dont know how im gonna explain what she does during the time im not there, i am very open about things in thailand and so i let her "work"

Why don't you ask for your parents to send you a copy of their bank statement for you to submit?

Why don't you ask for your parents to send you a copy of their bank statement for you to submit?

this is ok? my parents are retired and to be fair i dont have a clue what they have in the bank

is there a recommended amount?

her last visa was very recent, she has not been back long i dont know how im gonna explain what she does during the time im not there, i am very open about things in thailand and so i let her "work"

It is unlikely that the ECO at the British embassy will discover that she lied on her Australian application. However, they will know that she has recently visited Australia with another man and yet is claiming to be in a long term relationship with you! This will need some careful explaining. However, the fact that she, presumably, complied with her visa conditions and returned is a factor in her favour.

By 'work' I assume that you mean she is a bar girl and goes with men for money. This in itself is no bar to obtaining a visit visa for the UK. However, she will need to convince the ECO that the only purpose of her visit is to be with you, that she will return to Thailand, or at least leave the UK, when or before her visa expires and that she does not intend to practice her profession while in the UK.

I would not recommend lying in her application about her occupation or anything else. If she is discovered to have used deception in a UK application not only will that application be refused, she could also be banned from visiting the UK for up to 10 years.

As I said before, your parents can provide some or all of the finance for the visit, but will have to provide evidence of their ability to do so.

You can also provide more than 6 months worth of statements, and explain how your job and finances operate.

There is no recommended or minimum amount; it all depends on the reason for the visit, what the applicant will be doing in the UK etc.

Judging from the detail provided so far, chances are slim for a 6 month visit to the UK IMO.

What ties does she have to Thailand? (other than you remaining on tourist visas when here, I assume)

What do you do during your 6 month UK stays? Do you have to find new employment each time?

How much money you should show is linked to length of stay. Clearly you need to show enough to cover air fares, food, UK travel and ad-hoc expenses for the duration of the visit. Cash money.

Dwindling account is OK but clearly depends on closing balance of your 6 month statements.

Whether to submit 12 would depend if your income always comes from the same source each trip to the UK allowing you to argue access to the same inome this coming trip.

Judging from the detail provided so far, chances are slim for a 6 month visit to the UK IMO.

What ties does she have to Thailand? (other than you remaining on tourist visas when here, I assume)

What do you do during your 6 month UK stays? Do you have to find new employment each time?

How much money you should show is linked to length of stay. Clearly you need to show enough to cover air fares, food, UK travel and ad-hoc expenses for the duration of the visit. Cash money.

Dwindling account is OK but clearly depends on closing balance of your 6 month statements.

Whether to submit 12 would depend if your income always comes from the same source each trip to the UK allowing you to argue access to the same inome this coming trip.

my work is seasonal i work may till november. i dont have to find work when im home, im currently still employed but not working or being payed. but im still on the books as an employee all year round.

i normally live comfatable and bank atleast £10,000 in 6 months. my bank balance reflects this yearly.

i think the ties in thailand is gonna be a big issue, she has nothting to keep her here

i think the ties in thailand is gonna be a big issue, she has nothting to keep her here

Very often that the applicant is in a committed relationship with their sponsor is sufficient to satisfy the ECO that they will return; to avoid jeopardising future applications.

However, in the circumstances you have described is the ECO going to be convinced that her commitment to you is strong enough to stop her from pursuing her chosen profession in the UK and for her to return to Thailand at the end of her visa?

I think you will have a difficult job convincing the ECO; not impossible, but very difficult.

Very often that the applicant is in a committed relationship with their sponsor is sufficient to satisfy the ECO that they will return; to avoid jeopardising future applications.

However, in the circumstances you have described is the ECO going to be convinced that her commitment to you is strong enough to stop her from pursuing her chosen profession in the UK and for her to return to Thailand at the end of her visa?

I think you will have a difficult job convincing the ECO; not impossible, but very difficult.

i spent 3 month with her last trip and then spoke to her up till july but then things went all wrong and we didnt speak for 7ish month. so there is a massive part pretty much missing in there.

she was only ment to go to oz for 3 months, things went wrong and the guy extended the visa, that wasnt in our plans. she was ment to arrive back same time as me.

i dont need the visa till 3 months from now so we will have photos from now until we want to go, this going to help? oddly if she is pregnant will that help? we said before when i come back we gonna try have a baby and she is talking about she wants one now

i spent 3 month with her last trip and then spoke to her up till july but then things went all wrong and we didnt speak for 7ish month. so there is a massive part pretty much missing in there.

she was only ment to go to oz for 3 months, things went wrong and the guy extended the visa, that wasnt in our plans. she was ment to arrive back same time as me.

i dont need the visa till 3 months from now so we will have photos from now until we want to go, this going to help? oddly if she is pregnant will that help? we said before when i come back we gonna try have a baby and she is talking about she wants one now

dont want to put the dampers on it for you but to be honest im not an eco but what i read on here you are not in a proper relationship, (you come back to uk and she goes oz with another man) and then you talk of having a baby??, its your business i know but you are asking for advice and my advice is save your money pal, i think the eco will see all the problems you have straight away

You are not going to like this, but believe me when I say that I post it with the best of intentions.

Firstly, do not have a baby with her to get her a visa! Only have a baby if you want and are prepared to accept the responsibility of having a child.

Secondly, her being pregnant by you will not help a visit visa application. Indeed, it may make it worse as the ECO will wonder why, if she is pregnant by you, she only wants to visit the UK and not live there with you, her child's father.

Thirdly, from what you say she has just returned from staying in Australia with an Australian man; are you sure that she is not already pregnant? You've been apart for the last 7 months and she has just returned from spending at least 3 months in Australia with another man; now she suddenly wants a baby!

Whose idea was it that she comes to the UK; yours or hers?

The more you post, the more hopeless her getting a UK visit visa seems.

When you are not in Thailand with her, she works as a prostitute.

You have been apart for at least the last 7 months and during that time she spent at least 3 months in Australia with an Australian man; presumably claiming that they were in a strong relationship in order to get her Australian visa.

My advice; cool it for now. Continue the relationship if you wish, and try and persuade her to stop 'working' in the bar. Then, after your next visit in 6 months time and you have rebuilt a credible relationship, try for a visa.

im not saying we gonna have kids for a visa, we talked about having kids before and we both agreed we wanted them, she was ment to only go away for 3 months as a "holiday" but the guy she went with found out im her bf and cut of all ways she could speak to me and then extended the visa in a bid to keep me away from her. she wanted to come home after 3 weeks saying she hated it and he kept her there for 6 months in a bid to force her to love him. he also tryd to make her another visa as he knows she will come back to me but she told him no obviously. he loves her, she loves me, she went for a holiday and to try get her mums house payed for. which as far as she said has now been done.

dont worry im taking her straight to the clinic for all tests of desease and pregnancy.

she wants to come back with me to england, before we talked about it but it was way to late on in my trip to sort any kind of visa for her.

i know it all sounds very messy and believe its been stressful! if i cant get a visa, no problem, i'll go home and work and see her when i get back again. but this time round ill keep all records of calls etc, i can wait, im in no rush. its just she hates being on her own, im not that bothered

also she is not currently working in a bar, she is coming here tomorrow (from surin) and she said she is going to find a normal job and im going to supplement her income if i go home so she doesnt have to go with guys anymore. so really i guess waiting till next time round would make more sense, its only 6 months we will be apart

Edited by hotwinter

Obviously in her application she will need to show that she has access to sufficient funds to pay for the trip and to support herself in the UK without working or claiming public funds.

This money can come from her resources, a sponsor or a third party. Whoever is providing funding should submit evidence to show that they have the money to do so.

Therefore, if you are paying for the trip and supporting her while she is in the UK then you should submit your last 6 months bank statements to show that you have the money to do so.

Whether you have or have not been regularly sending her money in Thailand is not an issue. If you have, you should say so; if you haven't then she should explain how she survives for the 6 months you are away without working and without your help.

Staying at your parents is not a problem. They should write a letter of invitation, and briefly describe the property to show that there is at least one room for the exclusive use of you and her. If they own, it will help if they provide evidence of this, such as a mortgage statement or copy of the deeds. If they rent then a letter from their landlord granting permission for you both to stay there.

You say that she has been living with you in Thailand, so in your sponsor's letter explain this situation and the reason for her visiting the UK at this time. Also include any evidence that you have been living in Thailand and will be returning as well.

As said by AyG, the English test is for settlement applications; she does not need it, or a TB test, for a visit.

In reference to: "Therefore, if you are paying for the trip and supporting her while she is in the UK then you should submit your last 6 months bank statements to show that you have the money to do so"

I do not have a healthy bank balance due to the fact I was living in Thailand with my girlfriend so my funds went in to the red, however, as stated in the previous paragraph that a 3rd party can help is this a 3rd party on her side or can this be a 3rd party on my side??

As my funds are not healthy my mum and grandmother have garaunteed finacial assistance in case of an emergency. 11K has been provided from my grandma as finacial support but the ECO decided that we are liars!

All evidence and letters signed by the bank and by the family ensuring that this is true document and that they will support to prevent her from using public funds.

any advice would be great.

Edited by digalow

A third party is anyone who is not the applicant or sponsor.

Digalow, as said to you here, it is impossible to comment, or advise, on an individual refusal without knowing what the refusal notice actually says.

Also, as said to you elsewhere, posting about this in different topics in the forum will not garner you any extra replies. If you do want to post the refusal notice, or ask any further questions about this refusal, please do so in the topic linked to above.

As Hotwinter's situation is out of the norm, to avoid his topic going off at a tangent, will any members who wish to post about Digalow's girlfriend's refusal also post in that other topic and not here. His original post on this can be found here.

Thank you.