Changklan Resident Internet Quality

Genericnic

Hi all.

I am looking at a condo in the Changklan Resident building which seems perfect for what I need. My question is, does anyone have experience with the internet availability in the building or in the area generally? I am interested in both reliability and general information on data speeds. That is the only issue I need to try to resolve before leasing. Any information based on actual experience would be greatly appreciated.

David

An idea. Check in withe BiB on Changklan Road. Opposite of PT Plaza. http://www.butterisbetterbakery.com/ they are a forum sponsor. They have great food and allot of TV member from your area hang out there. may pick up some ideas.

Thanks for the information gotlost. I just stopped in there yesterday and picked up some goodies. Very good oatmeal cookies.

David

An idea. Check in withe BiB on Changklan Road. Opposite of PT Plaza. http://www.butterisbetterbakery.com/ they are a forum sponsor. They have great food and allot of TV member from your area hang out there. may pick up some ideas.

Thanks for the information gotlost. I just stopped in there yesterday and picked up some goodies. Very good oatmeal cookies.

David

OATMEAL COOKIES. I'm on my way.:licklips:

I live in the Changklan area and have " true" cable internet for some years without major problems.You can buy a 20 MB line for 930 THB per month

and your transfer rate is mostly at 2000 kb. I do not know if more upgrade is possible, for me it is enough.

They cut me down to 10 MB the last 2 weeks but reduced the fee to 450 THB. Still have to check out why.

I live in the Changklan area and have " true" cable internet for some years without major problems.You can buy a 20 MB line for 930 THB per month

and your transfer rate is mostly at 2000 kb. I do not know if more upgrade is possible, for me it is enough.

They cut me down to 10 MB the last 2 weeks but reduced the fee to 450 THB. Still have to check out why.

Thanks adamchiangmai. A 20 MB line (or possibly a 10 MB) line would work. That will give me a basis to start with.

David

I lived in chang klan Residence for almost 4 years and the internet quality was terrible. I ended up taking my own contract out as it was that bad. It was regularly out of action for at least 5 hours a day between 9am - 5pm. It may have changed though as I have not lived there for 3 years. But in general the place is a good secure place to live and the staff are helpful. Another quick tip if you do move in, don't pay extra for WE-TV, just do what the Thai's in the building do and just connect the cable above your door, which will be unconnected when you move in. :D

Edited by thaimiller

I lived in chang klan Residence for almost 4 years and the internet quality was terrible. I ended up taking my own contract out as it was that bad. It was regularly out of action for at least 5 hours a day between 9am - 5pm. It may have changed though as I have not lived there for 3 years. But in general the place is a good secure place to live and the staff are helpful. Another quick tip if you do move in, don't pay extra for WE-TV, just do what the Thai's in the building do and just connect the cable above your door, which will be unconnected when you move in. :D

Thanks for the information thaimiller. Who did you do your contract with and were you happy with the service? Was it ADSL line you eventually got or something else?

I am glad to hear about the quality of the place and the staff. Staff can make or break a place.

As for TV, haven't watched it in a number of years so I doubt that I would be signing up for it either way. biggrin.gif

David