Australian Visa

We went into the Visa Application Centre about 4 weeks ago to apply for a visa for my wife. Beforehand I had read the VAC's website and duly went to the bank to get a bank draft for the 2150 baht fee. On applying for the visa we found out that the fee was now 2300 baht.

Started to panic about this but the young lady just said go to the counter and pay by cash. This was also the case for the service fee. With the bank draft it was just a case of going back to the issuing bank and getting a refund.

So as far as I can remember there should be no problem paying by cash.

We went into the Visa Application Centre about 4 weeks ago to apply for a visa for my wife.  Beforehand I had read the VAC's website and duly went to the bank to get a bank draft for the 2150 baht fee.  On applying for the visa we found out that the fee was now 2300 baht.

Started to panic about this but the young lady just said go to the counter and pay by cash.  This was also the case for the service fee.  With the bank draft it was just a case of going back to the issuing bank and getting a refund.

So as far as I can remember there should be no problem paying by cash.

in late July I went there and paid for the Application fee in cash to the cashier who gave me a cheque to give to the other lady....no hassles at all

This is the first "advantage" over the Embassy based visa section I have seen. Lets log on for other advantages to the "outsourced" visa section.

Courier service to Chiang Mai is a big one for me.

Does anyone know if the staff of th old Embassy visa section were transferred or re-hired by the new "outsourced" provider?