Setting Up A (Big) Motorized Dome Camera

surayu

Hi all, i just got a new camera to add to the existing system already in place, i thought it would be easy and some sort of self installing stuff, instead, despite having paid more then 30.000 for this additional semi-ball, i am stuck.

I can see the images being displaied and as soon as i connect it kind of moves on his own in all directions for about a minute and then stops, but i can't manage to use all his functionality like the zoom or moving the positions, i think is something about the code switching and protocols i supposed to setup, i gave it a try but nothing.

I connectecd the 2 wires RS485+/- directly on the main CCTV body, where it says RS485+/- TX and not RX, as i believe the dome supposed to receive the impulses and not send them to be controlled.

On the manual of the cctv's recorder i can see they mention a "PELCO-D" protocol, which i assume it's inside of it...or is it an additional component i supposed to purchase? many thanks for any help..... :jap:

From the sound of it you need a control board with joy stick for this unit. Its not a simple "plug in and watch" camera.

Might be an idea to go chat with the guy in the shop you bought it from or a shop that sells similiar.

Edited by CharlieH

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

Here is an update, the guy in the shop simply said to try anything i could think off untill it works, while the company that produce them just doesn't answers at all...

Anyway, i have been able to fix it, what i was not understanding is that where on the instruction manual(see picture) says " Dome Address" i should have interpreted that as the corresponding channel number on the CCTV controller, so "dome address 3" would be the channel 3 etc, if you get that wrong, as i did, you can still see the image coming from the camera but that's all you get, you will not be able to move it or zoom, etc..

I believe the strong wind or the water created some issue with the "controlling wire" as it stopped working again, also i supposed to be able to download the recorded videos, but nothing appear on my pc and the built in video player is absolutely kraaaaap (basically doesn't let me accelerate the motion as it should, i will have to watch a 24hrs recording spending 24hrs on front of it.....).

post-73039-0-15734300-1301472792_thumb.j