Chase Bank In America Is Using A New Math For International Transfers.

About a week ago, JP Morgan Chase bank is fleecing their overseas customers again. Last week, I recieved a notice from chase, that they are raising their transfer rates from $20 to $25 for domestic transfers.

I recieved my deposit from Social Security last night. The total was $845 and I had an extra $44.20 left over from last month, this left me with $864.20 left over. I subtracted $25.00 for the transfer fee (domestic), this came out to $864.20. I transfered $860.00 to Bangkok Bank and they told me, you are now .79 overdrawn.

I sent them an e-mail asking how did they come to this figure. Because the math does not add up.

I wrote them an e-mail: Their response was, "If you don't like our new fees, you can cancel your account at anytime, but for now, you are going to are going to be charged an over draft fee. Thank you for using Chase."

Anyone experience this issue with Chase. They have not included other charges for a domestic transfer except the $5.00 increase for a domestic fee.

I suspect that had to pay a $5 fee to Bangkok Bank New York to make your received amount remain at $860 so that would account for the overdraft? Did you receive $860 before converting to baht?

Is this $25 fee for wire transfer? Bangkok Bank New York can accept ACH transfer and would not expect that to cost that much. From some banks it is free.

I suspect that had to pay a $5 fee to Bangkok Bank New York to make your received amount remain at $860 so that would account for the overdraft? Did you receive $860 before converting to baht?

Is this $25 fee for wire transfer? Bangkok Bank New York can accept ACH transfer and would not expect that to cost that much. From some banks it is free.

No, this has never been done in the past. I just subtracted $20.00 from the total amount and that and it came out even. Maybe a few cents difference, but that had already been calculated.

They refused to explain where that extra fee came in and suggested that I close my account and go somewhere else if I didn't like their bank.