Amari Rincome To Be Redeveloped

bluweyze

Amari Rincome hotel have announced they will close for redevelopment from 30th April.

The current hotel will be completely re-profiled and will be part of an integrated development with a

community mall containing a landscaped plaza, retail areas, cinemas and restaurants.

On completion, the newly profiled Amari Hotel will offer around 85 guestrooms with an all day dining

restaurant, meeting room and gym.

Sad news, the Amari Rincome is one of those special-places, that makes Chiang Mai ! A relaxed comfortable hotel, with pleasant pool & gardens, always a favourite for package-holiday visitors. I hope that the lunch-buffets will continue ? :ermm:

Sad news, the Amari Rincome is one of those special-places, that makes Chiang Mai ! A relaxed comfortable hotel, with pleasant pool & gardens, always a favourite for package-holiday visitors. I hope that the lunch-buffets will continue ? :ermm:

I agree!

The west area is absolutely being reamed up the arse with mega development.

Another big project, in an area that is already packed to the gills with traffic congestion, and no master plan, zero code enforcement (if there is a planning code) and unmitigated greed driving all.

The west used to be the Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills of CM. It is fast turning into Tijuana, Baja California Norte IMHO.

This might just be the last nail in the coffin for me making my long threatened move elsewhere. :bah:B):P:rolleyes:

Another big project, in an area that is already packed to the gills with traffic congestion, and no master plan, zero code enforcement (if there is a planning code) and unmitigated greed driving all.

The west used to be the Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills of CM. It is fast turning into Tijuana, Baja California Norte IMHO.

This might just be the last nail in the coffin for me making my long threatened move elsewhere. :bah:B):P:rolleyes:

Remember a few years back all the real estate adverts that quoted "The Prestigious Nimmanhemin Road".:cheesy:

The Wat Ket area across the river from Worowat market still retains much of its charm imo.

Question.

I am not sure where the Amari Rincome hotel is located.

Is it on the outside of the moat just north of Thapae Gate?

No. The Amari is on the south west corner of the intersection of Nimmanheman and Huai Kaeo.

Lets not get all nostalgic over an eyesore of a building badly in need of a revamp. It's not like we have anything in the way of delectable architecture in any case... just a bunch of shophouses, more shophouses, ugly blocks and more ugly blocks. Develop away to modernity I say... Thai culture and the charm of CM will still remain.

To solve traffic, only way to do that is to have a metro with line up to uni, zoo via Nim. That and the removal of 90% of Songthaews, tuk-tuks. ;)

Question.

G maps is your friend...

Question.

No. The Amari is on the south west corner of the intersection of Nimmanheman and Huai Kaeo.

Actually it is the south east corner.

Question.

Actually it is the south east corner.

True. I only had one cup of coffee.:D

Lets not get all nostalgic over an eyesore of a building badly in need of a revamp. It's not like we have anything in the way of delectable architecture in any case... just a bunch of shophouses, more shophouses, ugly blocks and more ugly blocks. Develop away to modernity I say... Thai culture and the charm of CM will still remain.

Yes. Finally someone who gets it. The Rincome is one of the oldest hotels in the city, when it was built it was out near the rice fields and stood out like a sore thumb, a concrete monstrocity. And business was good. Today, Nimmanhaemin has morphed into the most vibrant and trendy area in town, and it's the perfect time for a makeover of the Rincome. It makes complete sense.

Maybe the word 'cinema' is what throws people; that's clearly a non-starter, and/or got misinterpreted in a translation. But redeveloping their shop houses, pool and hotel area is a really sensible thing to do. It'll end up as something trendy and boutique I bet, not a mass market cinema. They simply can't be mass market there, not enough parking.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

OK it's old, and the glitz has been rubbed-off the corners, but that's part of what I like about the old Amari-Rincome, I feel I can relax & be myself there. :)

And I love the big bird-cage full of 'budgies', and the big privet elephant, and the almost-colonial style of the breakfast-restaurant, dining outside at 'La Gritta' in the shade & next to the small pool, screened off from the traffic by their lovely mature garden. Sigh ...

The following was sent to hotel executives in the Chiang Mai area:

Dear all executives,

Greeting from Amari Rincome Chiang Mai ka. I'm Ping- the HR Manager of Amari Rincome.

It is my sadness to announce that on 1st May 2011, the 42-year old Amari Rincome Chiang Mai will close its doors to facilitate a new urban development project which will include a new, smaller Amari hotel. The 85-room property will be part of a larger redevelopment project which includes a community mall, retail areas, cinemas and restaurants.

Amari Rincome has been an integral part of the local community for over 40 years. It is therefore with sadness that we announce the end of this particular era. My team members were officially informed yesterday regarding to the transformation plan issue and their last working day will be on 30th April which coming very soon.

However, it will be my great pleasure to have your kind support for the list of vacancies in your property. This will be very useful information for my team to prepare and plan themselves for those who could not travel out to be a part of others Amari properties.

Hope to hear from all of you very soon. And sorry if I miss some contact. Thank you very much in advance for your kind support and regards,

Ping

Kaiwala Luangtoomma

Manager, Human Resources

Edited by Sansai Sam

The following was sent to hotel executives in the Chiang Mai area:

Dear all executives,

Greeting from Amari Rincome Chiang Mai ka. I'm Ping- the HR Manager of Amari Rincome.

It is my sadness to announce that on 1st May 2011, the 42-year old Amari Rincome Chiang Mai will close its doors to facilitate a new urban development project which will include a new, smaller Amari hotel. The 85-room property will be part of a larger redevelopment project which includes a community mall, retail areas, cinemas and restaurants.

Amari Rincome has been an integral part of the local community for over 40 years. It is therefore with sadness that we announce the end of this particular era. My team members were officially informed yesterday regarding to the transformation plan issue and their last working day will be on 30th April which coming very soon.

However, it will be my great pleasure to have your kind support for the list of vacancies in your property. This will be very useful information for my team to prepare and plan themselves for those who could not travel out to be a part of others Amari properties.

Hope to hear from all of you very soon. And sorry if I miss some contact.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind support and regards,

Ping

Kaiwala Luangtoomma

Manager, Human Resources

Progress marches on.:whistling:

Edited by Lite Beer
phone number removed

So.. just last year, everyone was thanked for their dedicated service. Now, they get two months notice, thank you and goodbye?

post-64232-0-20677300-1299203566_thumb.p

I hope to God they do not eliminate what, IMHO, was the best daily luncheon buffet in Chiang Mai. And this past Christmas, sitting out by the pool and enjoying an OUTSTANDING buffet, was one of the best times ever!

Edited by venturalaw

<br />I hope to God they do not eliminate what, IMHO, was the best daily luncheon buffet in Chiang Mai. And this past Christmas, sitting out by the pool and enjoying an OUTSTANDING buffet, was one of the best times ever!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It's ALL bad news.

Kiss goodbye to all we knew and liked about CM's first EVER western style hotel. Opened in 1967.

The year that the road between CM and CR was first accessible to ordinary 2 wheel drive road cars. Prior to that, people had to drive south to Lampang, turn sharp left, and head north to Chiang Rai. But I digress.

The excellent Amari Rincome staff have been given a ridiculously short term of notice (thus the plaintive plea from the personnel person). And everything we see will be reduced to rubble in the swimming pools very soon. I hope they bother to take the birds out of that aviary first.

The typically smarmy 'press release' actually admits that the new erection will have FEWER guest rooms. That goes totally against the main professional criticism of the current building.

I wish them many clients, because we are all in favour of progress in Chiang Mai. But this is NOT it!

I will never inconvenience them with my custom again.

very sad to see it go...

And the redevelopmen tof the site of course means avoiding that intersection like the plague, as if we dont already...

4 lane superhighway in 2 lanes of Nimmanhaemin ,1 of which is often blocked by parked vehicles.

Imagine the intersection when construction vehicles will be operating.

Then when the new "mall" opens I guess they will put the car park entrance right at the intersection so it backs up and blocks traffic,just like weget now at the Airport plaza intersection on the way to the airport.. Great planning...

very sad to see it go...

And the redevelopmen tof the site of course means avoiding that intersection like the plague, as if we dont already...

4 lane superhighway in 2 lanes of Nimmanhaemin ,1 of which is often blocked by parked vehicles.

Imagine the intersection when construction vehicles will be operating.

Then when the new "mall" opens I guess they will put the car park entrance right at the intersection so it backs up and blocks traffic,just like weget now at the Airport plaza intersection on the way to the airport.. Great planning...

Consistent, except if it makes sense. Then inconsistent.