Awesome Bagels In Bkk!

cameraboynyc

this is my first post, but i picked a good one! for those of you who think that Au Bon Pain's bagels are simply round bread, then have i got a place for you.

BKK Bagel Bakery, its next to the Chit Lom BTS, just beside the Haagen Dazs.

they just opened. real NY style bagels; chewy, dense, amazing! great flavored cream cheese, tasty bagel sandwiches, very good coffee with the option of real cream (instead of sweetened condensed milk!) ... the list goes on.

well worth checking out.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Self promoting of course but who cares if it's actually good, never tryed an american style baguel. Fancyed trying one whats the best to order?

Give them a chance but would not base your judgement of American Bagels on what they taste like in BKK.

Self promoting of course but who cares if it's actually good, never tryed an american style baguel. Fancyed trying one whats the best to order?

Give them a chance but would not base your judgement of American Bagels on what they taste like in BKK.

What about Sandwitchs / subs etc? anything to rival subway in BKK from the italian - american scene?

What about Sandwitchs / subs etc? anything to rival subway in BKK from the italian - american scene?

I have never even tried a Subway in BKK. I see the menu special signs outside and they offer totally different things than the US but a number of people have told me you can get the same sandwiches ... my personal favorites are the BMT and seafood sandwiches. Do they offer them here?

As for other sub/sandwich shops ... I can't think of any here.

Onion, sesame, raisin, I can go on but honestly haven't found a bagel I didn't like yet that's why I have to stay away :( ...

Onion, sesame, raisin, I can go on but honestly haven't found a bagel I didn't like yet that's why I have to stay away :( ...

Agree re: all bagels but right now am craving a raisin bagel for breakfast

Let me get this right, you joined in 2004, wow almost a founder member, and yet you choose to make your first post on....bagels? And you are of course completely unconnected with the establishment you recommend ? Given the thread on the same joint yesterday this is beginning to look suspiciously like spam. You want to promote the place TV have an advertising dept I believe. :rolleyes:

they make them from scratch (including boiling) on location. you can get them toasted but if i can get a bagel fresh i prefer to not have it toasted (toasting is for bagels that are a couple days old!). my favorites are cinnamon raisin with butter or the whole wheat with olive cream cheese. for fans of smoked salmon they have a great lox sandwich.

=)

Sorry, nothing quite like a Brooklyn Bagel... Leeds in England run a close second..

and for the record, i'm not self promoting. i know the owner, but if his bagels were crap i wouldn't have posted! i have tons of friends who have business but i have never started a post for any of them (sorry to all my other friends)!

The sandwiches at the restaurant in the basement of The Landmark Hotel are some of the best I've had in Bangkok.

Sorry, nothing quite like a Brooklyn Bagel... Leeds in England run a close second..

I had some really, really, really good ones with sesame seeds, homemade, at a stall on the local market in Srinagar/Kashmir the other day and fresh brewed south indian coffee from the blue mountains too!

Best bagels I ever had were in Montreal. Most of the shops start selling freshly cooked bagels at midnight or so...just when the munchies are kicking into full gear. They are a bit lighter and a touch more crispy on the outside than the "New York" style.

An "American style" bagel?? thats like saying Thai style som tam :blink:

Not really as they are different from English one's. I've never seen a fruit one. Well not in a good Jewish bagel shop. Unlike all the one's in the USA they when fresh are "never" chewy like the US one's, that by the way I dont like.

Not really as they are different from English one's. I've never seen a fruit one. Well not in a good Jewish bagel shop. Unlike all the one's in the USA they when fresh are "never" chewy like the US one's, that by the way I dont like.

An "English bagel" would again be like "Engish" som tam; bagels are from NY, USA full stop, done any other way it is an adaptation (or some might say a bastardization) of the original. Kind of like "American" fish and chips :rolleyes:

Well originally they are more of an Eastern European food (hard to say a specific country of origin though) but I don't know how easy it is to get good (or any?) bagels in Eastern Europe these days. New York is the bagel cultural haven of course (and spiritual "center" of the bagel world, but think about it, that's bupkis), but so is Montreal.

Edited by Jingthing

An "English bagel" would again be like "Engish" som tam; bagels are from NY, USA full stop, done any other way it is an adaptation (or some might say a bastardization) of the original. Kind of like "American" fish and chips :rolleyes:

So there are no Jewish Peep's in England A. Well I never, must remind myself of that. Baglel's are from N/Y what a load of Crap. They have made it their own maybe "there" by adding fruit and other such crap, but it doesn't make it the end all of bugger all. As Jingthing pointed out Middle east. Just like the perfectly good English language that they have buggered up, got to make it American, but maybe I shouldn't go down that ROUT Sorry ROUTE.

We all got it wrong the Bagel first started life in the Ottoman empire in 1683 And were being sold in Brick lane London ENGLAND in the mid 19th century. Still are for that matter. Now where was N/Y's Bagel's "With fruit in then" I rest my case.

Edited by fredob43