Sumet Cycle---My Experiences

Well......for those of you who have read any of my posts.........you probably know that I have no connection with the sponsor, Sumet Cycle.

I am in the market for a PCX and Brian has been very helpful. I particularly wanted the Red/Black PCX. He said he had one coming in and would hold it for me.

To cut a long story short, I have PM'd Brian on numerous occasions with lots of questions and requests. He has patiently answered every enquiry and pretty fast too.

I go to sort out the bike on Saturday. So........thanks very much Brian. I highly recommend you.

I went there today to test drive the cbr 250. I will say that this will be the third bike that I've bought from Sumet (when it arrives) as I got my Fino and my 150 from them too.

Met Brian for the first time today but have dealt with his wife since I bought the Fino a few years ago and I will say that she's always been very helpful. I'd certainly advise any foreigner who wants to finance a bike to go there as they've made that very easy for me.

It's a pretty standard shop and there are others closer to me but I've been happy to go back there as I know I'll be treated well.

I've already put my thoughts about the 250 in the 250 thread. To be honest I've loved both the bikes I've had in Bangkok. I don't think any of the little bikes on the market now are unsuitable to be driven here. They all go fast enough really, it just depends what you're after at the time. My main issue with the Fino was that I want to be taken seriously and take riding a bike in Bangkok seriously and unfortunately the culture here says that gloves, a full-face helmet and protective gear don't suit the style of a Fino (even if you are going 80 and weaving between buses). I also wanted to get into riding a bike with a manual clutch and the CBR 150 has served its purpose in that respect. I can't really justify that the 250 is a necessary upgrade but I think it will also suit my purposes and I'll enjoy it.

I've liked modifying the bikes I've had (mainly cosmetically), learning about them and taking care of them and I think there's no harm in changing every couple of years. However economically viable, I have no desire to drive a 5 or 10 year old bike just cos it still goes. That's what put me off going for a second hand 400.

Edited by withnail

I would like to find out how the single cylinder engine Honda CBR250R stands up to something what will be remarkable less costly. The Honda CBR250R wins on paper from the Kawasaki Ninja 250R with torque figures... but while the CBR250R out perform a V-twin setup famous for torque performance...

To stay on topic, you need to understand that Sumet Cycle is a Honda dealer, they sometimes don't know the full story, they not get all information... Actually Honda officially released the information about the 250cc a few days before they actually launched the bike...

Currently Honda has a luxury problem of to much demand for the Honda CBR250R, the Indian manufacturing plant is speeding up it's production plants, and will take care of the Japanese launch, which will help the Thai manufacturing plant to concentrate on the Thai domestic market demand. The shortage of Honda CBR250R and PCX scooters will be finished within 30 to 50 days.

I've already put my thoughts about the 250 in the 250 thread. To be honest I've loved both the bikes I've had in Bangkok. I don't think any of the little bikes on the market now are unsuitable to be driven here. They all go fast enough really, it just depends what you're after at the time. My main issue with the Fino was that I want to be taken seriously and take riding a bike in Bangkok seriously and unfortunately the culture here says that gloves, a full-face helmet and protective gear don't suit the style of a Fino (even if you are going 80 and weaving between buses). I also wanted to get into riding a bike with a manual clutch and the CBR 150 has served its purpose in that respect. I can't really justify that the 250 is a necessary upgrade but I think it will also suit my purposes and I'll enjoy it.

I've liked modifying the bikes I've had (mainly cosmetically), learning about them and taking care of them and I think there's no harm in changing every couple of years. However economically viable, I have no desire to drive a 5 or 10 year old bike just cos it still goes. That's what put me off going for a second hand 400.

I can't get the visual of you on a Fino in full on safety gear out of my head. I used to feel the same when I would wear it on my PCX or even my old Airblade. It doesn't take much speed to do serious damage to yourself on any bike.

I can't get the visual of you on a Fino in full on safety gear out of my head. I used to feel the same when I would wear it on my PCX or even my old Airblade. It doesn't take much speed to do serious damage to yourself on any bike.

lol I didn't wear the jacket on the Fino more than once or twice.

I would like to find out how the single cylinder engine Honda CBR250R stands up to something what will be remarkable less costly. The Honda CBR250R wins on paper from the Kawasaki Ninja 250R with torque figures... but while the CBR250R out perform a V-twin setup famous for torque performance...

To stay on topic, you need to understand that Sumet Cycle is a Honda dealer, they sometimes don't know the full story, they not get all information... Actually Honda officially released the information about the 250cc a few days before they actually launched the bike...

Currently Honda has a luxury problem of to much demand for the Honda CBR250R, the Indian manufacturing plant is speeding up it's production plants, and will take care of the Japanese launch, which will help the Thai manufacturing plant to concentrate on the Thai domestic market demand. The shortage of Honda CBR250R and PCX scooters will be finished within 30 to 50 days.

Thanks for the info Richard. I really hope the last part is true.

When you get older and find out that injuries don't heal as fast and hurt more, you think more of safety. At age 64 years old, I decided I should give up motorcycles. That was easier said than done. After a lifetime of riding motorcycles, it gets in your blood. The new automatic scooters have given me a new chance. When I say automatic scooters, I mean that my feet are in front of me rather than between the road and the bike if I should go down. If someone doesn't see me and hits me, my foot and/or leg are not between the vehicle and the bike frame. I have a Nouvo Elegance and feel safe riding it. I wanted a Honda PCX but was not willing to pay 75,000 baht for it.

PCX delivered on Monday, to my place of work, as promised. Everything was just fine. Thanks very much Sumet.

Have been out and about on my new toy, its surprising how quiet it is compared to my Nouvo Eleg. :)

Edited by Phatcharanan