Visa Service?

PostmanPat

When i have been hanging around in Chiang Mai Immigration usually doing my 90 day check in, I have noticed an increasing tendency for what I assume are "agents" coming in with a number of passports and appearing to get priority treatment, as in not getting a ticket and going straight to the counter and being dealt with.

Does anyone know if there is a visa agent type of system now, where I assume you give that person all your papers and passport and in exchange for a fee they can get your visa done without you having to be there?

To be honest, with the huge increase in the number of people visiting immigration these days, if such a service is available I would be more than happy to avail myself of it.

Any help/ telephone numbers etc will be gratefully received!

http://www.i-starvisa.com/index.asp Just up about 100 meters from the entrance of the US Consulate on the same side.

So are you saying that once you have completed all the forms and photocopies, this agency for a fee will send a representative on your behalf to the Immigration office for the visa or a visa extension without the requirement for the applicant to attend himself?

Edited by Beetlejuice

Yes there must be. That was my experience last time I was at Immigration and had to wait for many hours for my number to be called. 2 girls with briefcases full of passports and other documents getting preferential treatment. It seemed, at least the day I was there, one girl had all Chinese passports while the other had all Burmese documents. They were making 90-day appearances, getting visa extensions, and taking care of other business.

Edited by elektrified

http://www.i-starvisa.com/index.asp Just up about 100 meters from the entrance of the US Consulate on the same side.

So are you saying that once you have completed all the forms and photocopies, this agency for a fee will send a representative on your behalf to the Immigration office for the visa or a visa extension without the requirement for the applicant to attend himself?

I'm not saying but they are and as elektfield has witnessed and I also they come into Immigration with truck loads of application and no live bodies.

These services have been available for some time. Personally, I wouldn't give up my passport to anyone other than Hubby to go do a 90 day report for me!

Personally i agree withe you NancyL. I have had a few friends use Star Visa and they were satisfied. Personally I thought spending 8000 baht to fill an extension was dumb but it was their money. I used them to file for a tourist visa for my wife for the US that was only 2000baht fee for them. For that kind of money I could not be bothered and yes interview on a Wednesday and received her passport with a ten year visa that Friday.

These services have been available for some time. Personally, I wouldn't give up my passport to anyone other than Hubby to go do a 90 day report for me!

Personally I thought spending 8000 baht to fill an extension was dumb but it was their money.

A friend of mine in Bangkok paid 60,000 Baht a year for many years to a BKK law firm with American partners just to get his visa each year. I think he paid 75,000 Baht for a visa for his Thai wife to go to the USA with him. :lol: He couldn't understand how I was able to get all my visa's by myself. I told him I read thaivisa.com :jap:

Personally I thought spending 8000 baht to fill an extension was dumb but it was their money.

A friend of mine in Bangkok paid 60,000 Baht a year for many years to a BKK law firm with American partners just to get his visa each year. I think he paid 75,000 Baht for a visa for his Thai wife to go to the USA with him. :lol: He couldn't understand how I was able to get all my visa's by myself. I told him I read thaivisa.com :jap:

Visa service in Bangkok have always been over priced and a serious rip off . An individual I know paid a service in BK 100,000 baht for his wife to get a visa for Canada. Guess what, it was a no go.

If the crowds worry you, you can do it by registered post to Bangkok.

1-year extension, think not.

QUOTE : Postman Pat :

"When I have been hanging around in Chiang Mai Immigration usually doing my 90 day check in"

Yes, quite true. I was rather carelessly misreading the above comment by the OP and neglecting the title.

Edited by Asmerom

Slightly off-topic, but I've heard of people getting caught in "No man's land" at Friendship Bridge because they used an agent for Laos. On the other hand, The guy in front of the Thai Embassy in Vientianne charges 50 thb to fill out the form for you, and it works like a champ. Also, heard of people winding up in IDC for paying a service that was using a counterfeit stamp.

Does anyone know their price for submitting the 90 day or for a renewal?...

Sadly their website is of a Thai fashion so their price/payment page does not work :jap:

Not a clue on 90 day report. I thank 8K on renewal.

Edited by gotlost

If I use Star or someone else (for my retirement visa) I assume I still have to attend the Immigration Office personally? or can I pay my fee and sit back and they do it all?

Edited by ChiangMaiFun

If I use Star or someone else (for my retirement visa) I assume I still have to attend the Immigration Office personally? or can I pay my fee and sit back and they do it all?

My understanding is for 90 day report you do not have to show up, but for renewal you do. You need to verify this withe them. FYI anybody that you give written permission to can do your 90 day report as long as they have your passport and paperwork ready.

Edited by gotlost

Visa service in Bangkok have always been over priced and a serious rip off . An individual I know paid a service in BK 100,000 baht for his wife to get a visa for Canada. Guess what, it was a no go.

Canada is even more paranoid than the states.