Finding A Thai Spouse'S Other Bank Accounts.....

kdc1899

In many countries, it is possible to obtain a credit report or financial info on folks if you have their national ID number.

Finding this info on a spouse is even easier.

Can a spouse find other (not known to them) bank accounts and/or real estate, stocks, etc, that the Thai significant other holds if said spouse (still married to) has the Thai ID number of the Thai significant other?

Can said spouse get statements from these accounts (if they exist and can be found) and find where funds are being transfered?

If so;

Please explain the process.

(The bank account thing being the primary concern)

Thanks in advance....

kdc1899

What is you motive?

If you can be more open and definitive about your intentions et al, there are many here who can help you attain what you need.

However, if you are just trying to do something behind your other Thai significant, then that is another story.... :o

kdc1899

What is you motive?

If you can be more open and definitive about your intentions et al, there are many here who can help you attain what you need.

However, if you are just trying to do something behind your other Thai significant, then that is another story.... :o

Hello

Thanks for the replys.

Thai wife has 6 bank accounts that I know of. I want to know if she has any more.

If possible;

I would also like to know if transfers are being made from these accounts and any accounts that may exist that I do not know of.

I am wanting to know if there is a procedure in Thailand for getting this done.

There are standard methods in other countries to find financial info on your current spouse.

None of them involve tea money.

Does anyone know if there is a government agency, credit agency, (any standard method) where a spouse can find out how many bank accounts their Thai spouse currently has?

Thanks in advance

mkawish,

I do not want her to know I am searching for other bank accounts she may have.

kdc1899

What is you motive?

Hello

Thanks for the replys.

Thai wife has 6 bank accounts that I know of. I want to know if she has any more.

If possible;

I would also like to know if transfers are being made from these accounts and any accounts that may exist that I do not know of.

I am wanting to know if there is a procedure in Thailand for getting this done.

There are standard methods in other countries to find financial info on your current spouse.

None of them involve tea money.

Does anyone know if there is a government agency, credit agency, (any standard method) where a spouse can find out how many bank accounts their Thai spouse currently has?

Thanks in advance

mkawish,

It would be difficult, no, actually impossible, for me to continue to live with someone that I can not trust. I have in the past and I always ended it. My advice (I know that you did not ask for it, but here it is anyway); confront her (in the nicest possible way for we all know how Thais feel about confrontation), and if dissatisfied with the response, move on. Case closed.

I don't know what "other countries" you are referring to, but in my country nothing short of a court order will get you any information about a person's bank account, and I would bet the same is the case in most countries. Even in countries where you may be able to get information about someones bank accounts via credit reports or tax reports I very much doubt that it extends to obtaining details about what transfers that person has made to other accounts.

And you still haven't given any information about your motive, only what you want and that you obviously don't trust your girlfriend. Even if I knew of a way to obtain the information you want (and I very much doubt that it's possible legally), I still wouldn't give you the information without knowing you and your motives. For all we know, it could be you trying to pull a fast one on your girlfriend.

Sophon

There is a very easy way to find out the information you require and it is free.

You simply ask the wife. :shock1:

The fact you feel you cannot ask her and even do not want her to know you are trying to find out tells a great deal about the state of your marriage. :sorry:

As somebody has already stated I could not continue living with someone I could not trust 100%. Its a simple as that.

Just walk inside of the branch with your loved's one ID's(photocopy), your ID and a copy of your thai marriage certificate to prove your relationship, if you get an obstructive employee, just move to the next one or ask for the manager, or try with the next branch, i have been succesful on the first try, not sure about the local regulations about this, however, success might depends alot on the way you are going to present your issue to them, was a totally free service too :lol:

Edit : added " (photocopy) "

Edited by surayu

Just walk inside of the branch with your loved's one ID's(photocopy), your ID and a copy of your thai marriage certificate to prove your relationship, if you get an obstructive employee, just move to the next one or ask for the manager, or try with the next branch, i have been succesful on the first try, not sure about the local regulations about this, however, success might depends alot on the way you are going to present your issue to them, was a totally free service too :lol:

Edit : added " (photocopy) "

Thanks for all the interesting replies and PMs.

I'll try the "Suraya" method first.

Almost sounds too easy.

If that doesn't work;

Does anyone know how to find out if a current Thai spouse has a bank account in a bank here in Thailand?

Thanks in advance

No there are not - other than very general status reports that are in the public domain.

At it's simplest level this is an invasion privacy and any other party is (quite rightly) protected by confidentiality rules.

A bank (in the UK for example) could only release specific information under four circumstances - mainly compulsion of law or in the national interest.

Your request is wholly unreasonable on any social or moral grounds. If there is a legal issue then there are procedures to follow.

Edited by cardholder

Your request is wholly unreasonable on any social or moral grounds. If there is a legal issue then there are procedures to follow.

I do not agree with this, the OP is talking about his own wife, not a stranger, in a marriage shouldn't be any secrets, also being the husband legally responsible for any debts made by his wife even without his knowledge or permission, it would be irresponsible from him and immoral to not to act promptly in the best interest of both parts and protect the marriage from mistakes, it doesn't hurts and once he find out there are no side games the wife will gain even further respect from him.

I do not agree with this, the OP is talking about his own wife, not a stranger, in a marriage shouldn't be any secrets, also being the husband legally responsible for any debts made by his wife even without his knowledge or permission, it would be irresponsible from him and immoral to not to act promptly in the best interest of both parts and protect the marriage from mistakes, it doesn't hurts and once he find out there are no side games the wife will gain even further respect from him.

If you re-read your post you may see how ridiculous it is.

Try walking into Barclays and saying "There are no secrets in our marriage so I would like see the last 3 months' transactions on my wife's account" :lol: .

Better still, " I am so bloody marvelous that I only want to see so I can protect her from getting into debt" (a debt that is none of business and for which I bear no legal responsibility.

Time-warp !!

If you re-read your post you may see how ridiculous it is.

Try walking into Barclays and saying "There are no secrets in our marriage so I would like see the last 3 months' transactions on my wife's account" :lol: .

Better still, " I am so bloody marvelous that I only want to see so I can protect her from getting into debt" (a debt that is none of business and for which I bear no legal responsibility.

Time-warp !!

1) Maybe i made a mistake reading your earlier post, i thought i read something about "morality"

2) Again, i wrongly thought the OP was talking about Thailand, i am glad you showed me is about the UK instead

:lol:;)

No there are not - other than very general status reports that are in the public domain.

At it's simplest level this is an invasion privacy and any other party is (quite rightly) protected by confidentiality rules.

A bank (in the UK for example) could only release specific information under four circumstances - mainly compulsion of law or in the national interest.

Hello,

In the states a spouse only has to log on to any of the three credit agencies and input the significant other's social security (national ID) number and some other info. Pay online with credit/debit card or PayPal and easily access info related to all the significant others bank accounts,mortgages, credit cards, student loans, etc, etc,etc.

Just wondering if there is a similar option (online or FTF) here in Thailand.

Thanks in advance

KDC

In the UK,If you went into any Bank ,Building Society,or any other Financial Organisation,the Standard reply would be "I'm sorry Sir we do not give out imformation on Customers Accounts" A 100% Guaranteed Answer!

They would not even verify the named person even had an Account with that Bank.

This should be standard Banking practice Worldwide,although talking about TiT?

Edited by MAJIC

Who is to decide....

what is or what are in the best interests of either party....?

It surely sounds like a case possibly to be argued and decided before the bench....

Or is Surayu the bench to be argued before....?

It sounds at this juncture like just a masculine favorable argument....

"and to protect the marriage from mistakes...." is that an argument from the husband or the wife....

Do husband and wife or either have the same equal rights under the same equal protection under 'Thai' proceedings.... ? :ermm:

Just curious, without wanting to probe, if Surayu affords and offers equal rights and protections for the girlfriend or spouse, if any....? :)

It is none of my biz either, really. Sorry. :jap:

so your misses has six bank accounts,

does she have six guys sending her money as well ??

im sure one of the accounts must be a joint account with you right ???

if so drain that account empty it..

then when she ask you why you take all the money explain to her she have enough bank accounts already not need joint account with you...

then you will find out why she needs all those other bank accounts ...

good luck

Just curious, without wanting to probe, if Surayu affords and offers equal rights and protections for the girlfriend or spouse, if any....? :)

No, the spouse got the priority, in this case they do have different rights :D

No, the spouse got the priority, in this case they do have different rights :D

I sure hope Surayu would not interpret "different" as equals to "inferior" in any shape or form.... correct.... ? :jap:

The mother gender sure has both caused and suffered too many lashbacks already as is.... ;) imho.... :jap:

Edited by mkawish

I sure hope Surayu would not interpret "different" as equals to "inferior" in any shape or form.... correct.... ? :jap:

Ehrmm sorry i don't want to hijack this interesting thread any further, i will just add this last thing.

I wasn't referring to legislature in my answer but the way i see things, girlfriends cooks horribly too, so it's a no way Jose' :D

In the UK, a credit check will show loans, credit cards, mortgages, linked addresses and any court orders. It can also show some bills - i.e. mobile phone, gas, etc.

I'm pretty sure however that it does not show bank account information, and especially not savings accounts.

There is the facility to have a credit check done in Thailand, as we had one done when we got a mortgage last year, but it involved a trip, in person, with the loan representatives and us going to an office of the government savings bank (I think) that was near Rachadaphisek. But the person being checked had to be there...

Unsurprisingly since I've never borrowed here, (mortgage and carloans have been in my wife's name), my credit report was completely empty...

In the UK, a credit check will show loans, credit cards, mortgages, linked addresses and any court orders. It can also show some bills - i.e. mobile phone, gas, etc.

I'm pretty sure however that it does not show bank account information, and especially not savings accounts.

There is the facility to have a credit check done in Thailand, as we had one done when we got a mortgage last year, but it involved a trip, in person, with the loan representatives and us going to an office of the government savings bank (I think) that was near Rachadaphisek. But the person being checked had to be there...

Unsurprisingly since I've never borrowed here, (mortgage and carloans have been in my wife's name), my credit report was completely empty...

Ah. An answer to the question.

Thanks Mike.