Nurseries/Kindergarten In Chalong/Rawai Area

flip

hello,

maybe someone knows or can help me here...!?

are there any thai/local nurseries/kindergarten in the chalong/rawai area?

not talking about these quite expensive "internationa/private" ones..

thnks a lot

flip

I know of one next to the mosque on Viset Road, and one close to the mosque on Sai Yuan Road (because of their location you might think they are religious, but afaik they are not).

There's a small nursery in Soi Na Na Chat, Rawai (next to the new mini Tops).

It's about 30 meters down the soi, on the left

Yes, that is one of the 'quite expensive "internationa/private" ones'.

Consider the child you're asking about.

If Thai, then I wouldn't criticise a Thai kindergarten for a Thai.

If foreign, or even 50/50, then the 'international / private' ones (as you call them) are much more appropriate. The extra cost is negligible when you're talking about the upbringing, concern, 'basic skill education' and safety of your child.

Frankly, when I saw a Thai kindergarten, they all reminded me of post-Ceacescu Romanian orphanages.

There's a small nursery in Soi Na Na Chat, Rawai (next to the new mini Tops).

It's about 30 meters down the soi, on the left

Yes, that is one of the 'quite expensive "internationa/private" ones'.

I think Flip might have been referring to the schools like Montessori which have branches in many countries. I doubt whether the one I mentioned is 'International' it's just a small nursery. Do you know for sure that it's expensive compared to others or are you just speculating?

I think Flip might have been referring to the schools like Montessori which have branches in many countries. I doubt whether the one I mentioned is 'International' it's just a small nursery. Do you know for sure that it's expensive compared to others or are you just speculating?

yeah this one is called mother and child(international one) and is around 10 - 12000 baht per month! the other "expensive" international one is abc..., 12000 baht per month.

Yes, that is a small, international, expensive nursery. As the OP mentioned, "not talking about these quite expensive "internationa/private" ones.." My kid is on one of the kindergartens in the area, I did quite some research before choosing ABC, am happy with that choice BTW, so know the options in the area quite well.

Why would you think he was referring to schools when he specifically asked for nurseries/kindergarten?

Yes, that is a small, international, expensive nursery. As the OP mentioned, "not talking about these quite expensive "internationa/private" ones.." My kid is on one of the kindergartens in the area, I did quite some research before choosing ABC, am happy with that choice BTW, so know the options in the area quite well.

Why would you think he was referring to schools when he specifically asked for nurseries/kindergarten?

Well, if you want to get picky. I should have said 'Montessori kindergartens'. How remiss of me!

So the one on Soi Na Na Chat has branches in other countries? That surprises me as it only seems like a small local concern.

Well, if you want to get picky. I should have said 'Montessori kindergartens'. How remiss of me! So the one on Soi Na Na Chat has branches in other countries? That surprises me as it only seems like a small local concern.

LOL, that is not what the OP meant with 'international nurseries/kindergartens'.

Did not know Montessori also had a kindergarten BTW. I did not check them because I don't believe in their system so they were never going to be on my shortlist. Thanks for the information, may be helpful to somebody else.

Damned, just checked their prices: kindergarten at over 140,000 Baht per year plus 13,000 Baht lunch fees plus 33,000 entrance fees. Much more expensive than any of the other international ones in the area.

Edited by stevenl

Well, if you want to get picky. I should have said 'Montessori kindergartens'. How remiss of me! So the one on Soi Na Na Chat has branches in other countries? That surprises me as it only seems like a small local concern.

LOL, that is not what the OP meant with 'international nurseries/kindergartens'.

Did not know Montessori also had a kindergarten BTW. I did not check them because I don't believe in their system so they were never going to be on my shortlist. Thanks for the information, may be helpful to somebody else.

Damned, just checked their prices: kindergarten at over 140,000 Baht per year plus 13,000 Baht lunch fees plus 33,000 entrance fees. Much more expensive than any of the other international ones in the area.

The two google founders both went through Monetessori schools.

Same with the founder of Amazon.com and Wikipedia.

Most factory workers and common laborers in the world went to govt. schools.

Up to you!

The two google founders both went through Monetessori schools.

Same with the founder of Amazon.com and Wikipedia.

So what? How about all the people who did go there and did not succeed? I know some people e.g. who had to change from Montessori to 'classic', and nobody who changed the other way.

Most factory workers and common laborers in the world went to govt. schools.
Did you know that in many countries in the world there are (nearly) only government schools. So of course most factory workers went to government schools.

A statement like this says more about the opportunities in certain countries and the school systems than about the quality of the schools IMO.

I just don't believe in the Montessori system for most kids, that's it.

I think we're going a bit off topic though.

Edited by stevenl