Where To Pay Speeding Fine?

arkom

Got a fine for going 125 km/h in Phetkasem on the way from Hua Hin to Bangkok and I don't think that is really considered speeding but we'll save it for another topic.

Anyways they letter say that I have to go to Petchburi within 30 days to pay, is there any other way for me to pay because there's no way I'm going to drive down there just to pay the 400 thb fine, I read on another post that I can pay at post office?

You can do it on your ATM. Call the station on the ticket, they will give you the account number. Haggle the price first. Ask them to mail your license back to you, and they will add 30 baht and you will have it back in 4-5 days.

You can do it on your ATM. Call the station on the ticket, they will give you the account number. Haggle the price first. Ask them to mail your license back to you, and they will add 30 baht and you will have it back in 4-5 days.

Thanks for the reply I actually didn't get my license taken away, it from one of the speed cameras :angry: and they mailed the fine to my house.

I got one in Petchabun a while back, called them and asked how to pay in Bangkok and they basically answered - Must come to Petchabun. My simple answer was. Well, never mind, then I won't pay because I am not going to Petchabun again this year and they happily gave me an account to transfer to :)

Why haggle the price? I don't like that style. One who does wrong should accept the responsibility

I got one in Petchabun a while back, called them and asked how to pay in Bangkok and they basically answered - Must come to Petchabun. My simple answer was. Well, never mind, then I won't pay because I am not going to Petchabun again this year and they happily gave me an account to transfer to :)

Why haggle the price? I don't like that style. One who does wrong should accept the responsibility

Good to know, and yep I have no plans to go to there anytime soon.

Thanks!!

Try your local post office.

Last month I got a 400baht speeding (128kph) fine from Prachuap Kirikhan and my wife paid at the post office here in Hua Hin, we got a letter of acknowledgment of payment 3/4 days later.

The lady at the post office was kind enough to tell my wife the exact Km mark that they set up the camera on this stretch of highway, good for future reference.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply I actually didn't get my license taken away, it from one of the speed cameras :angry: and they mailed the fine to my house.

Post office. :whistling:

Thanks for that, not as painful as I thought.