Dvd Player With Multi Region Function

anonymouse

Well after 5 years use my current dvd player is getting a bit temperamental and refusing to play some discs so I'm looking to buy a new one, I've got a stack of Discs that are region 1 or 2 encoded. I purchased this one at Siam TV and the salesman understood the term multi region before I head out to Siam TV any recommendations from TV members?

Hi Anonymouse

We got ours branded 'Option' from Makro for about 600 baht. Most of the boxes of all models were clearly marked multi region. It's also got a USB port for playing downloaded stuff. I would go for a slightly better model than ours but you should still get something decent for under 1,000b

Hi Anonymouse

We got ours branded 'Option' from Makro for about 600 baht. Most of the boxes of all models were clearly marked multi region. It's also got a USB port for playing downloaded stuff. I would go for a slightly better model than ours but you should still get something decent for under 1,000b

Thanks MB :D I'll get down to Makro tomorrow and take a look

All DVD players are multi region but are often supllied locked to one region. A search of the internet will often advise the procedure for opening up particular machines for multi region use. My current DVD player was obained from Siam TV and was not originally supplied as a multi region machine. A quick request before paying any money soon resulted in the right codes to turn it into a multi region machine.

I agree with Delboy, find one you like then take a quick look on the Internet for the model and unlocking codes. Very easy to do. I bought an LG dvd player last year which was region encoded 5 minutes on line and I got the code which you just enter using the remote.

The A.J. Thai brand will play anything and I mean anything. Cheap and works great. It will play discs that my Philips won't play. I've had the A.J. for about 3 years and it still works perfectly.

Ive also got an AJ brand in the bedroom and like you say it plays everything, its just the bloody bright blue lights that annoys the hell out of me when Im watching a movie at night. :D