Police Move In To Disperse PAD Rally In Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASTV claiming that protesters are being prevented from entering protest site /TAN_Network

They were given advanced warning, that the Red Cross Fair had permits to use that area, and had gotten them well ahead of time. Apparently PAD believes Possession is 9/10 the law.:coffee1:

Since 5 years PAD IS the law.

They want Taksin out and he's out.

They want the Dems in charge and they are.

They want the Reds killed and there were.

They want the war against Cambodia and it's there.

They have SO powerful support.

Let's see what their support will do today.

What utter nonsense.

Depend on your viewpoint. Just yours.

I bet you have a white stick or you are a bad comedian.Would you like to define freedom to me. Is it the right to have your vote ignored by a military junta governerment by proxy. I think it is you that needs to get a life

Calling the government (duly elected as even the red shirt English language spokesman Sean B. stated publicly) a junta government by proxy is just plain silly.

:violin:

Government duly elected??? I think word is abnormally inappropriate!

Yes but in Parliament session, not as deserved right base on votes of Thais on election! Just to make that clear!

Of course, all that came with the little help of a (powerful)friends who previously cleaned political stage in country by ban most dangerous rival who actually won election.

So, when the road was paved, PM was elected from the politician who left after the "iron broom".

By Democrat party members, just and only 162 of them who won in election. And of course, forming coalition with meaningless parties around.(Bumjaithai and some more).

Forum rules on shortening posts to manageable levels have been carefully explained to you already.

If you can't name a book that's influenced you just say so and that's an end of it.

Meaningless and vague complaints about "ad hominem attacks" are very lame.If you have a specific problem I will do my best to address it.

I vaguely remember.... that he once mentioned.... Milton's Paradise Lost....

would that count at all in his defenseless stage.... :rolleyes:

Maybe should start looking for the sequel 'Paradise Regained' :)

Ahhh, at last there is a ray of hope for Thaivisa after all....

Another educated soul among many of us mortals who perhaps also read Milton.... ;)

I am quite impressed.... after all these lengthy years in the jungle of Siam.... finally, I 'regain' my confidence in members of TV.... :jap:

With all the political shenanigans on a daily basis it's hard to believe how Thailand has such a strong economy.:unsure:

When is the baht going back up to 40 baht to the dollar, that's all I want to know? :bah:

have you been to an ATM during the last 2 years ??? All the 1000 Baht bills it spits out are brand new - now you know why the economy is so strong - they are secretly printing money in the hundreds of billions and manipulate the economy - just like the Americans do for more than 2 years now - only they print trillions.

This is all just kid's stuff. When the inevitable happens, I fear that Thailand is in for a massive uprising similar to what we are currently seeing in the middle east. Just my humble opinion. I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

You are wrong, Thai people are Not Arabs... and most are law abiding citizens who are quite happy with this amazing country ther way it is.... Most Thais have jobs , freedom and food... I do not see many starving people here... and now Thaksin is not here, certainly no Dictator.... Get a life..!!!

I bet you have a white stick or you are a bad comedian.Would you like to define freedom to me. Is it the right to have your vote ignored by a military junta governerment by proxy. I think it is you that needs to get a life

... I agree with kissrev1 ... revolution is in the Thai air ... whether it is violent, or not, will be a test of the Thai social, legal, political, and (you have to throw-in) military systems ... my fear is that the Buddhist 'middle way' that has long pacified the marginalized prai here is giving way to intolerance ... those who live here have all seen compliant individual Thais reach their breaking point, suddenly 'snap' and start indescriminately swinging clubs and sharp things ... this seems to be move evident in the broader Thai group behavior, as with last May's street combat .. and, importantly, these are not militant students and extremeists ... they are labor class Thais, as many women as men.

... like in the Middle East and North Africa, through the magic of the Internet, social networking, international media, etc., the largely non-reading, illiterate upcountry Thais now see far past the local kamnans, the patrons upon whom they previously relied for 'what to do' ... they are now glimpsing a new concept that is changing the traditional view of themselves as indentured to an ensconsed feudal system of entitled classes ... they are starting to "get" basic human rights, as first articulated by the Scotish Enlightenment, then the European Enlightenment, and then the American Enlightment (social and economic ideals adopted in the west CENTURIES ago).

... I think these guys are now unwilling to take it anymore ... the entitled Thai elitist might no longer rely upon a subserviant, suppressed and oppressed population to be satisfied with their bowl of rice, their 1-rai of land, their Buddha, and their King (taught to them as the ultimate goal beyond which they should not aspire).

... this election season might well be a game-changer if the Democrats prevail in any way, shape, or fashion ... while the Democrats have the guns, the Reds know they have the numbers (apologies to Jim Morrison) ... we know the elections will be rife with corruption (both sides) ... historically, corrupt polls are groused over by the politicians, back room deals are struck and it all goes away ... this is what Thais know as 'democracy', and so they compliantly accept the poll results.

... this election might be different ... if the Reds, now intolerant and no longer compliant, finally see the Thai political system as interminably corrupt and incapable of addressing their needs, they could resort to alternative methods that are not political and not so pretty.

... I would love to see otherwise, but my antennae are quivering ... a lot! ... I've lived here 10+ years ... freinds who've lived here 2 and 3 times longer than me, knowledgeable guys, also sense a disquieting tension threatening to irreparably rip the Thai social fabric.

... the conflict has migrated beyond Thailand's patronage politics, and toward class warfare.

Brilliant observation. Congratulations for democratic manner in discussion. Well done mate.

With all the political shenanigans on a daily basis it's hard to believe how Thailand has such a strong economy.:unsure:

When is the baht going back up to 40 baht to the dollar, that's all I want to know? :bah:

have you been to an ATM during the last 2 years ??? All the 1000 Baht bills it spits out are brand new - now you know why the economy is so strong - they are secretly printing money in the hundreds of billions and manipulate the economy - just like the Americans do for more than 2 years now - only they print trillions.

Are you serious? "secretly printing money"?

They both have the right to protest but under the same rules and regulations of the country then. But please to use force and violence to get though your ways. Until now the government can't catch the one that assassinated a few top ranged military personnel on the spot plus a Japanese news reporter. It was more or less close to warfare. It's really a big headache being the PM. For now I can list some of the issues arisen :

1. Cambodian disputed territory

2. out of supply the Cooking Oil

3. Eggs/weight

4. southern guerrilla

5. Jailed 2 activists in Cambodia.

6. PAD rally protest for Gov. resign

7. RED representing the poor to crackdown the Gov. again to bring back the big boss in Montenegro.

8. Land reform protesters... they are somewhere in BKK.

9. giant conglomerate cigarette corp tax avoiding

10. many corruptions from the cabinet

11. A childish Foreign Minister

12. Bombs detect toys (gone quiet)

13.Huge commission on many

and many more.....

and most important-misused 29 Million Bht by Democrats...

Yes but in Parliament session, not as deserved right base on votes of Thais on election! Just to make that clear!

Of course, all that came with the little help of a (powerful)friends who previously cleaned political stage in country by ban most dangerous rival who actually won election.

So, when the road was paved, PM was elected from the politician who left after the "iron broom".

By Democrat party members, just and only 162 of them who won in election. And of course, forming coalition with meaningless parties around.(Bumjaithai and some more).

All the MPs elected in a general election.

All MPs elect a PM. PPP get enough MPs together forming a coalition with "meaningless parties around" (not BJT as they didn't exist then, but some others).

PPP get disbanded for electoral fraud.

All the banned MPs replaced in by-elections.

All MPs elect a PM. Democrats get enough MPs together forming a coalition with "meaningless parties around" (BJT - mostly ex-PPP members - were they meaningless when they were part of the PPP? - , and some more).

Always the conspiracy and never a thought that central banks take in old worn out bills and replace them with newer bills to maintain the currency levels. Bills wear out going hand to hand and musty be replaced, fact of life for all paper currencies, not to mention newer bills that are harder to counterfeit are regularly replacing older style bills. This also happens with coins to a lesser extent and over a longer time frame.

Edited by animatic

Ani --- not to mention the load new bills into ATM's because older bills in circulation take up more space in an ATM (they aren't as flat). The conspiracy is easier to swallow than the simplest and most logical explanation. (to some)

Ani --- not to mention the load new bills into ATM's because older bills in circulation take up more space in an ATM (they aren't as flat). The conspiracy is easier to swallow than the simplest and most logical explanation. (to some)

Also not to mention that older bills jam ATM machines and the newer ones run like clockwork. But hey these are logical reasons, how could they possibly trump a heart felt conspiracy theory?

Edited by animatic

The discussion on 'duly elected' seems a monthly recurring one. Mostly we end with 'according to law and regulations', but with a touch of uneasy feeling. Like in the UK and Australia fairly recently.

As for 'meaningless parties around', I assume that even applied when they were still good friends and tightly embraced by TRT and PPP? Surely we can't tolerate double standards in this :ermm:

ASTV claiming that protesters are being prevented from entering protest site /TAN_Network

They were given advanced warning, that the Red Cross Fair had permits to use that area, and had gotten them well ahead of time. Apparently PAD believes Possession is 9/10 the law.:coffee1:

For all it is worth it is 9/10ths :o

Remeber the airport take over by the 'Other Side' ?? :jap:

Are you serious? "9/10" written out in words could be "nine over ten", "nine divided by ten", OR "nine tenths". Writing a fraction (with the fraction bar) with a counting number in the numerator and an ordinal number in denominator is technically incorrect. :blink:

The discussion on 'duly elected' seems a monthly recurring one. Mostly we end with 'according to law and regulations', but with a touch of uneasy feeling. Like in the UK and Australia fairly recently.

As for 'meaningless parties around', I assume that even applied when they were still good friends and tightly embraced by TRT and PPP? Surely we can't tolerate double standards in this :ermm:

If they were NOT duly elected,

then PTP would have no cause, nor mechanism,

to try and impeach them, would they?

But yet again PTP is trying to dislodge the government using parliamentary procedures. If the government wasn't installed via parliamentary procedures then why would they need to try the same to remove them?

Answer is they haven't succeeded twice using violence, and so have no other tools at their disposal. It is the only parliamentary procedure they seem partly to understand, if not use well. With an addition of hoping something they raise will be used for mudslinging in the coming election. PTP seems to be wallowing in mud trying to stock up.

Edited by animatic

Ani --- the censure debate is just more street theater that will play well to the mushrooms and not much else. Even Sean B., the PPP English language spokesman states that the present government was elected legally. (I am sure someone can find the televised Al Jazeera interview from May 2010) The sour grapes on some people's parts are understandable but the simple facts are that 1) no party won a majority in 2007 2) Samak was not barred from stepping right back into the PM position. 3) That there was video evidence of the payoff made by the PPP exec that ended up with PPP being disbanded 4) That the Newin faction's defection from the red banner to go it alone has been apparently approved by the people that voted them in (see the by-elections --- and look at Buriram's voting history) 5) That PPP could have called for elections but didn't while they had power. (can't blame them for that one after the last time snap-elections were called!) 6) That the parliament chose Abhisit as the 3rd elected PM from the 2007 elections.

Right...

And please remind me what party was "in control" and running the inefficient Government at that time & couldn't take command of the situation and deal with the problem?

For all it is worth it is 9/10ths :o

Remeber the airport take over by the 'Other Side' ?? :jap:

A few things.

..... But the catch there is that ONLY those with a university degree, or X-amount of money, would be allowed to vote. Remember Sondi's famous quote, repeated more than once, that the rural poor were too stupid to vote, and therefore shouldn't be allowed to vote....

I read your post with interest....

However, would like you to show the primary source on your following quote....

....Remember Sondi's famous quote, repeated more than once, that the rural poor were too stupid to vote, and therefore shouldn't be allowed to vote....

Many on Thaivisa love to just spit something out as if that were the fact.... and some others equally brilliant person would pick it up and would repeat it again.... as if that were the fact too....

Are you among one of those love to thrash.... without ever considering its validity and reliability....?

Thailand would be a much better place.... really.... and that you can say it again and again.... even with so many of us showing the world what we are really like after a few bottles of beer and what not....

and for those who are contributing in so many different shapes and forms.... in spite of what have been happening in Thailand.... I salute you from the bottom of my heart... :jap: :jap: :jap:

Cheers....B)

and most important-misused 29 Million Bht by Democrats...

How was it "misused"? The only issue was that the printer didn't charge tax and so complained when the Dems wanted a tax receipt.

In the end, what happened? Democrats were acquitted on the Court for misusing of that 29 million?

Now they are free of any charges about fraud relating to that sum of money?

It would be better for them to be freed of such charges, because if not, they could be overthrown without PTP / UDD effort.

It is not about double standards.

Meaningless is in the sense that they are mathematically meaningless, small and without influence in normal, usual, everyday situations.

But as in many countries of the world small and parties make themselves "larger" and more important than dominance, making the coalition.

It is often the case that these small and insignificant party could be very dangerous because in their "moving", waving in the post election period can even to change the electoral will of the voters.

Very often these just meaningless parties are tab on the scale and actually they dictate the political power and reality, entering into coalitions with more powerful parties than they are but who are not sufficiently strong to be able to form a government.

This time meaningless was not meaningless at all. This time meaningless parties were the key parties and help to Democrats who didn't have enough power based in voters.

Always the conspiracy and never a thought that central banks take in old worn out bills and replace them with newer bills to maintain the currency levels. Bills wear out going hand to hand and musty be replaced, fact of life for all paper currencies, not to mention newer bills that are harder to counterfeit are regularly replacing older style bills. This also happens with coins to a lesser extent and over a longer time frame.

It's all being done at a secret printing shop located in the Philippines...

Edited by Buchholz

This is all just kid's stuff. When the inevitable happens, I fear that Thailand is in for a massive uprising similar to what we are currently seeing in the middle east. Just my humble opinion. I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

Your not wrong, the same people backing the protests in the Mid East, Europe and Wisconsin and the previous PAD rally are basically the same. Socialist parties and labor unions.

The only place it isn't working is against Gaddy Quaffy Kaffy how ever its spell, hence the cry from the "Obama" and Europe for a no fly zone. If the Obama was backing a people uprising against an oppressive gov't , he'd backed the Iranian people when they tried to rise up against their gov't last year.

Not that I'm a Ghaddafi supporter or he doesn't need to go, but with Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood joined in with the Union money against the brutal dictator its a tough call.

In Thailand SEIU, AFL-CIO with other International unions are funneling money for support, those who still think this is about bringing back Taksin are sadly in error.

Very good imagination there, and what evidence do you have for your rambling other than being a republican.

It is not about double standards.

Meaningless is in the sense that they are mathematically meaningless, small and without influence in normal, usual, everyday situations.

But as in many countries of the world small and parties make themselves "larger" and more important than dominance, making the coalition.

It is often the case that these small and insignificant party could be very dangerous because in their "moving", waving in the post election period can even to change the electoral will of the voters.

Very often these just meaningless parties are tab on the scale and actually they dictate the political power and reality, entering into coalitions with more powerful parties than they are but who are not sufficiently strong to be able to form a government.

This time meaningless was not meaningless at all. This time meaningless parties were the key parties and help to Democrats who didn't have enough power based in voters.

If a large party doesn't get a majority, then what is the "electoral will of the voters"? More than 50% of the voters don't want that large party ... don't want any of the large parties.

In Thailand, the smaller parties are never meaningless, because a large party never gets a majority.

The smaller parties were not meaningless when they back the PPP government, and they were not meaningless when they backed the Democrat government.

I've seen some cracking posts, but this one takes the biscuit. Three cheers for the funniest ever post on Thavisa - I think in Internet terminology that's a "roflmao".

I've seen some cracking posts, but this one takes the biscuit. Three cheers for the funniest ever post on Thavisa - I think in Internet terminology that's a "roflmao".

And this mindset supporting the side that would control us all....

as they see fit, not as we see fit.

And this mindset supporting the side that would control us all....

as they see fit, not as we see fit.

No, he was joking, obviously. Noone's that silly.

You didn't answer the question.

How was it misused?

This term, the word is used in newspaper reports about the affair, the scandal the Democrats made. Anyway, so the indictment used the word.

Ask them (or journalists), I do not know.

And now you answered my question.

Be direct and simple in its response, if possible. And do not try to expand or articulate discussion in direction you would like to be, by comments to my answer to your question.

If at all possible, please avoid that cheap and shabby manner. Thanks.

I don't think I've seen any newspaper report saying that the govt misused any funds (btw, Kwarm Jing Wan-ni is not a newspaper). I think I may have seen them talk about accusations that the Dems misused. I also don't think I've ever seen "the scandal the Democrats made" printed in a newspaper. If you have a link, I'd be interested to see it and I'll hold my hands up and say I'm wrong.

So, I'm very sorry to say, I think you should apply your own suggestion "not try to expand or articulate discussion in direction you would like to be" to yourself too. You're more guilty of it than whybother, who's not exactly neutral.

I'm just offering you advice on how to get people to take your views on board a little more seriously. Up to you if you take it.