Mityon Honda Dealership

thaidiver

Hi

I just got back from the big Mityon Dealership on third road. I'm interested in buying the CBR250 but they had none in stock and said I would have to leave a deposit and get on a waiting list.

Does anyone have and advice or experience with leaving deposits at Mityon?

I guess the Company is sound, so I would not worry about it. However if I would be you I would have a look at the motorbike forum here, there is a long thread going on about the CBR 250. If I am not wrong Mityon is asking quiet a high price at the moment for the bike. There are cheaper places, however not in Pattaya afaik. Maybe you have a look at the Forum Sponsor Sumet Cycle.

Edited by CHdiver

I guess the Company is sound, so I would not worry about it. However if I would be you I would have a look at the motorbike forum here, there is a long thread going on about the CBR 250. If I am not wrong Mityon is asking quiet a high price at the moment for the bike. There are cheaper places, however not in Pattaya afaik. Maybe you have a look at the Forum Sponsor Sumet Cycle.

CH is correct -- do your checking and searching first, before you put down your deposit. Mityon is a reputable company and your deposit is secure, but once your deposit is paid, if you change your mind and don't want to buy the bike, you will forfeit the deposit. Mityon has a near monopoly in Pattaya. There are at least 50 Honda shops, but almost all are Mityon, so there is no real price competition on Hondas in Pattaya. Sometimes you can negotiate a good deal with them (I have bought 2 bikes from them), but lately it seems that they are pretty inflexible on price and the prices tend to be high, especially on the "hot" bikes. I bought my PCX 6 months ago in downtown Sri Ratcha at the Honda shop directly across from road leading to the Koh Si Chang pier and saved B3000 over the price I was quoted at Mityon in Pattaya (now they are asking B76,000 for a new PCX and they won't budge on the price). It's worth a bit of search. Good luck...........

Edited by Thailaw

I had a friend who just bought one in Nakhon Ratchasima. He wanted a red one, and they said they can only get grey at this time. he had already put a deposit of 10,000 Baht down. The deposit was returned, no problem. He went to a bigger shop, same company. That shop gets four a month, and distributes them to other shops in the area. He finally got his red one, but no ABS system. they come with, or without. he paid around 110,000 Baht.

Barry

CH is correct -- do your checking and searching first, before you put down your deposit. Mityon is a reputable company and your deposit is secure, but once your deposit is paid, if you change your mind and don't want to buy the bike, you will forfeit the deposit............

You can probably tie your deposit to delivery by a specified date and certainly at a specified (agreed) price and color, and what is included (insurance, registration, tax, etc) at the agreed price. It is effectively an agreement to buy and sell with your deposit being security on your obligation to buy, and it should include all important aspects of the purchase. You may not get the bike you want by the specified delivery date, but if you get tired of waiting and the specified date has passed, you will be able to cancel the agreement and get your deposit back. The agreement (n their standard form) will (must) be in Thai, so if you have any concerns, take a Thai friend with you when you place your order and give the deposit.