March Hot Season

T_Dog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting used to this, I think they should have this cold snap every year at about this time. But just for a couple of weeks.

It is nice, although the rain kept me from doing a few things I wanted to get done. Am wondering why they don't have a name for this weather situation like "The China Express" or something like that. In other parts of the world, special weather conditions get names like "A Chinook", or "Santa Anna Winds" but I guess it doesn't happen often enough here in SE Asia to warrant a cool name.

Until April 10 pls.

By April 11 it needs to be 38 degrees.

Should be before then, this 'Alarming magnetic field changes' is from tonight to the full moon on the 27th, the gloom masters predict another big earth quake in this time.

Am wondering why they don't have a name for this weather situation like "The China Express" or something like that. In other parts of the world, special weather conditions get names like "A Chinook", or "Santa Anna Winds" but I guess it doesn't happen often enough here in SE Asia to warrant a cool name.

Yen Sabai would be a good one.

I am getting used to this, I think they should have this cold snap every year at about this time. But just for a couple of weeks.

It is nice, although the rain kept me from doing a few things I wanted to get done. Am wondering why they don't have a name for this weather situation like "The China Express" or something like that. In other parts of the world, special weather conditions get names like "A Chinook", or "Santa Anna Winds" but I guess it doesn't happen often enough here in SE Asia to warrant a cool name.

The English Summer Express?

The English Summer Express?

' Blighty Blast'

In BC (wet coast) we call a warm winter rain the Pineapple Express beccause the tropical storms come from Hawaii. All our prevailing weather comes from the Pacific Ocean and it's only when an arctic cold front moves southward that we get our snow. Occasionally, we get a temperature inversion where it's warmer 500 meters up than it is at ground level. It's odd to see heeps of snow at ground level and the tops of the mountains free of any snow.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun UG,

Really like your proposed moniker, but would suggest adding the word "akkad," for weather, and, "licklap," meaning mysterious, or strange.

What do you think about "akkad yen sabai licklap" ?

Another idea: "akkad tunwakom jup meenakom" (December kisses March weather) ?

We tried to translate "pre-Songkraan Naga-fart weather" without success.

best, ~o:37;

Am wondering why they don't have a name for this weather situation like "The China Express" or something like that. In other parts of the world, special weather conditions get names like "A Chinook", or "Santa Anna Winds" but I guess it doesn't happen often enough here in SE Asia to warrant a cool name.

I like it! How about "Yen Sabai China Mariah" so we know where it came from? My wife says it should be called "Rom Yen Tamaiyah" or the "Why the Cold Wind"!

Until April 10 pls.

Should be before then, this 'Alarming magnetic field changes' is from tonight to the full moon on the 27th, the gloom masters predict another big earth quake in this time.

Um maybe somebody should tell the "gloom masters" that the full moon is today, and therefore not on the 27th?

Until April 10 pls.

Um maybe somebody should tell the "gloom masters" that the full moon is today, and therefore not on the 27th?

Must have been a short somewhere inside the tin foil hat ;)

I like it! How about "Yen Sabai China Mariah" so we know where it came from? My wife says it should be called "Rom Yen Tamaiyah" or the "Why the Cold Wind"!

or how about "now chip hai loi !!" I wish I could freeze frame and record a day's weather to play back when wanted because it would be today!

Edited by ThaiWx

or how about "now chip hai loi !!" I wish I could freeze frame and record a day's weather to play back when wanted because it would be today!

Yeah, like loading a wp3 file into your world master controller and hitting play!

Today is back to normal, but I've never seen such a crystal clear sky like today in march for seven years. I have a wonderful view on the mountains near Mae Wang. Rarely so clear.

Happy it's hot again, i just cannot stand 18° with cold winds and rain here. :)

Today is back to normal, but I've never seen such a crystal clear sky like today in march for seven years. I have a wonderful view on the mountains near Mae Wang. Rarely so clear.

I didn't think it was that hot, maybe if you're standing in the sun, Absolutlely beautiful day I believe! Like you say, clear sky and a slight breeze. Sure beats still smoke filled air, the norm for later March. Temps have already peaked and starting to drop for today so we may get one last 'windows open and no AC' night before the usual returns.

Edited by ThaiWx

Nothing I love more about Chiang Mai than the cool season. Wish I was there, but I will be back by early next month. Should be hot enough

by then. I do remember a couple years ago (not sure what year) when the last day of Songkhran was overcast and very cool. Got soaked and froze my arse off len nam down on Loy Khroh.

I didn't think it was that hot, maybe if you're standing in the sun, Absolutlely beautiful day I believe! Like you say, clear sky and a slight breeze. Sure beats still smoke filled air, the norm for later March. Temps have already peaked and starting to drop for today so we may get one last 'windows open and no AC' night before the usual returns.

I went for a long mountain bike ride up in the hills today and wore long sleeve thermax for the first part of the ride as it was very cool. Went through a Karen and Hmong hill tribe village and everybody was outside, happy to feel the warm sun. Every household had clothes and parkas drying on the lines.

What about the weather in January and February!

We enjoyed our best holiday, as we have been at different times previously.

The weather was cool, instead of hot.

The weather patterns are certainly changing all over the world.

So maybe it is Thailand's time :jap:

Like you say, we're back to normal with the way March usually is. Today near 37 and AQI at 91.

But then again..................

Wunderground is forecasting chance of rain from tomorrow evening onwards, and daytime highs falling to 20 degrees by next Monday. They called it right last time. Here's hoping!

As I predicted (to my grumbly old self), the lovely fresh air that was delivered with the freezing rains last week will quickly be seen to by the industrious folks who need to get their leaf litter burned away just a day or two after things get dry. Sure enough, this afternoon has strong winds carrying that lovely smell and eye-stinging haze right along. Ah well, that's the life... many suffering in the interests of the few. Yes, it HAS been said before. Yes, it IS certainly worse in other parts of the world. Yeah, yeah, I dig, I dig... :annoyed: