Worst Meal Ever In Chiang Mai

DavidOxon

Take no notice......serial whinner......complained about a salty anchovie pizza at Dukes and nearly started a fight coz someone had the audacity to light a cigarette on an outside restaurant table. Now sizzzlers are crap...............what next :lol:

Hey nice new phrase..... serial whinner,,,,,,like serial crapper

:)

please note..... the reference was only to the term, in no way or implication of the OP'er

Edited by Gonzo the Face

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just had a cesar salad fom Coco salad and if that is the best they can do for 95thb then good luck to them as I won't be getting anything from them again. Very poor value for money. IMHO

Interesting. The wife and I had lunch there today. Both of us had the cesar salad 95 baht and she had the spaghetti spicy sausage 95 baht and I had the spaghetti bolognese at 95 baht. The meal was outstanding along withe setting and the service. We will be back.

I have just had a cesar salad fom Coco salad and if that is the best they can do for 95thb then good luck to them as I won't be getting anything from them again. Very poor value for money. IMHO

Interesting. The wife and I had lunch there today. Both of us had the cesar salad 95 baht and she had the spaghetti spicy sausage 95 baht and I had the spaghetti bolognese at 95 baht. The meal was outstanding along withe setting and the service. We will be back.

I had the Cesar salad last week with chicken added for 20 baht. It was excellent.

I had the Cesar salad last week with chicken added for 20 baht. It was excellent.

Maybe its better if you eat in the restaurant but the one I took home was poor. The one thing I will say is the sauce was nice though.

Maybe its better if you eat in the restaurant but the one I took home was poor. The one thing I will say is the sauce was nice though.

I have find that taking salads home from any restaurant is like a crap shot. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.:lol:

I found that if you take the salad home you end up with less dressing. The plastic containers don't hold as much as the cups used in the restaurant. Coco's creamy balsamic is really excellent so the more the better.

Take Chiangmai-Maejo Rd. - Hwy 1001 from the Superhighway toward Mae Jo. The first traffic light is Ring Road 1. Cross through the light and Mee Chok plaza is immediately on your left (it's on the north-east corner). Turn left into the parking lot. Coco Salad is on the second floor of the new building complex which is next to McDonalds.

For information.. There is no Ruam Chock. There is a Ruam Chock Meechai fly over. underpass or intersection. The plaza on the north east corner of this intersection is known as and called not only by farangs but Thais and most importantly by the owner as Meechock Plazza, On Google Earth you may find it at "MCP" lat=18.8236281805, lon=99.0104699756

The photos may not be the best but look closely and you will see Meechock Plaza on their office and the clock tower. Try this map. http://findercm.com/mapsmainpage.html

post-91169-0-24209200-1300592209_thumb.jpgpost-91169-0-16495200-1300592190_thumb.jpgpost-91169-0-88882300-1300592162_thumb.jpgpost-91169-0-65120300-1300592129_thumb.jpg

Edited by gotlost

For information.. There is no Ruam Chock. There is a Ruam Chock Meechai fly over. underpass or intersection. The plaza on the north east corner of this intersection is known as and called not only by farangs but Thais and most importantly by the owner as Meechock Plazza, On Google Earth you may find it at "MCP" lat=18.8236281805, lon=99.0104699756

The photos may not be the best but look closely and you will see Meechock Plaza on their office and the clock tower.

Well that is true about Meechok Plaza but the main market that occupies more land space than the Meechok Plaza is known as Dalaat Ruam Chok. If you try and give a Thai directions and tell them Meechok Plaza vs. Dalaat Ruam Chok, they will never know what you are talking about.

Thanks for the directions guys. It's possible with a bit of studying and lots of praying, I may actually be able to find it

It's not difficult - although it may sound that way. There is no way you can miss the McDonalds, which shares parking at Mee Chok Plaza, once you cross the intersection of Ring Road 1 and HWY 1001.

Edited by venturalaw

Worst meal in Chiang Mai. The Vietnamese Restaurant just down from the Dukes. 4 long time married couples of Chiang Mai some 4 years ago and we have not been back.:bah:

100% agree with you. That Viet place is pointless and disgusting.

Just goes to show how people's taste vary. I went there last week after not having been there in more than a year. Had the best meal I've had in months!

Yes, that's a great place.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The salad bar in Sizler is not the same as in the Salad Concept and can not be compared .For some gourmet high end foodies nothing around here is good enought or it is overpriced compare to thier home country . We all know we are living in a third primitive country where Sizler and ather American chains concider HiSo so why we have to read about it again and again just to make us loose our appetite ?.

The salad bar in Sizler is not the same as in the Salad Concept and can not be compared .For some gourmet high end foodies nothing around here is good enought or it is overpriced compare to thier home country . We all know we are living in a third primitive country where Sizler and ather American chains concider HiSo so why we have to read about it again and again just to make us loose our appetite ?.

BTW that's Sizzlers. And the food threads, that is what made the Chiang Mai Forum.:lol:

Edited by gotlost

Who is forcing you?

BTW that's Sizzlers. And the food threads, that is what made the Chiang Mai Forum.:lol:

I thought food topics WERE the Chiang Mai forum.

:whistling:

They cover 90% of what gets posted here. Lord help anyone who tries to add a little humour.

Oh, and that is the English version of the word "humor" for the American contingent here

"Worst Meal Ever In Chiang Mai" Why don't the "name and shame" rules apply here?

If the OP had mentioned a local Farang establishment, I think this topic would have been closed long time ago. :rolleyes:

Edit. No offense intended to the OP. :)

Edited by Semper

A very unpleasant meal I had recently was in Jeffers - a "fast-food" type place in the basement level at the back of Kad Suan Kaew.

What was served to us was different than the description and photos on the menu from which we ordered and I have never eaten such fatty and horrible chicken - I left most of it (and I was hungry).

The place is often busy when I pass, so some obviously want to eat there. But I will not be going again.

What is recommended down that way is the little sushi place behind Subway.

Rgds

A very unpleasant meal I had recently was in Jeffers - a "fast-food" type place in the basement level at the back of Kad Suan Kaew.

What was served to us was different than the description and photos on the menu from which we ordered and I have never eaten such fatty and horrible chicken - I left most of it (and I was hungry).

The place is often busy when I pass, so some obviously want to eat there. But I will not be going again.

Rgds

Yes you are right about sushi. Thai people think that fish from Japan is dangerous to eat after the earthquake. So I think they will have a sale right now. :D

Rgds

I think you're talking about "Teppan". I eat there evrytime I have to visit KSK. Never tried the sushi but the teppanyaki is very tasty.

Rgds

I think you're talking about "Teppan". I eat there evrytime I have to visit KSK. Never tried the sushi but the teppanyaki is very tasty.

Yes that's him. A clean, friendly little place serving good food.

The other place to try if you are around Huay Kaew Road is Sushi Jiro, between the car valet place and West just into the car park / bar area opposite Hillside 4. A basic looking place but fantastic food at reasonable prices - very easy parking too.

Rgds

"Worst Meal Ever In Chiang Mai" Why don't the "name and shame" rules apply here?

If the OP had mentioned a local Farang establishment, I think this topic would have been closed long time ago. :rolleyes:

Edit. No offense intended to the OP. :)

Agreed, time to close this.

CLOSED