Is There A Homeopathic Doctor In Chiang Rai?

robinhoodlum

Directly across from the old bus station depot on the south side of the street is a Chinese herb store , look for herbs and such all over the shop. The man there speaks some English and is very helpful. He referred me to an acupuncturist and homeopathic doctor not far from Wang Chai. The doctor works in a large clothing factory with his medical clinic about 2km from there on hwy 120. Normal business is open in the evenings. I found relief from rather nasty lower back pain after a couple treatments plus he supplied ointment that was soothing. The place is relatively clean as I did see an autoclave as well as fresh linens. I do hope that you find what you are looking for as the herb shop proprietor is quite knowledgeable and in my opinion honest. I asked if he could sell me ointment before I saw the acupuncturist and his reply was to wait and see what the acupuncturist said was best - that in my opinion shows integrity. Good luck to you in your health quest - mellofello

• 3 weeks later...

They should rename it placebopathy. Boy, I wish I could make 1/1,000th of the money spent on homeopathy - essentially selling water for medicinal prices. They are able to skirt FDA regulations because they call it 'remedy' instead of 'medicine.'

Actually, even many real drugs have been shown to have no better results on patients than placebos. The percentage difference (64% improvement from expensive drug vs 62% improvement from placebo given by people in white coats, for example) ....is negligible.

Think about the tens of billions of dollars spent each year on drugs - most of which are no better than sugar pills, .....and how that money might be better spent - could be used to train my pet brontosaurus to crap in the compost bin on command.

Directly across from the old bus station depot on the south side of the street is a Chinese herb store , look for herbs and such all over the shop. The man there speaks some English and is very helpful. He referred me to an acupuncturist and homeopathic doctor not far from Wang Chai. The doctor works in a large clothing factory with his medical clinic about 2km from there on hwy 120. Normal business is open in the evenings. I found relief from rather nasty lower back pain after a couple treatments plus he supplied ointment that was soothing. The place is relatively clean as I did see an autoclave as well as fresh linens. I do hope that you find what you are looking for as the herb shop proprietor is quite knowledgeable and in my opinion honest. I asked if he could sell me ointment before I saw the acupuncturist and his reply was to wait and see what the acupuncturist said was best - that in my opinion shows integrity. Good luck to you in your health quest - mellofello

Thanks mellofello ! I have been looking for a chinese doctor that can give acupuncture. I was to the Chinese hospital in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago and got one treatment. The doctor said I needed at least 3-4 more so I will give this guy in Wiang Chai a test.

Thanks again!

By the way, the mechanical doctor you reccomended long time ago is very good! Our old Toyota Corona is running like new again!

:D:rolleyes::D

And Brahmburgers...... :blink:

Thanks mellofello ! I have been looking for a chinese doctor that can give acupuncture. I was to the Chinese hospital in Bangkok a couple of weeks ago and got one treatment. The doctor said I needed at least 3-4 more so I will give this guy in Wiang Chai a test.

Thanks again!

By the way, the mechanical doctor you reccomended long time ago is very good! Our old Toyota Corona is running like new again!

:D:rolleyes::D

And Brahmburgers...... :blink:

Sven, You are more than welcome.Good to hear that the Toyota Corona is back up and running again. It's good that Narlung is here in CR as an honest English speaking auto mechanic is indeed a peace of mind proprietor that we expats need.

I hope all goes well with the Chinese doc. - mello