True Dsl Internet Problems - International Traffic On 18-Mar-54

jackbox

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to websites outside of Thailand tonight (18-Mar-54)? All Thai based websites are responding very fast, but any websites in other countries are responding very slow or not at all. I cannot get through to True on either telephone or chat. Anyone else experiencing these problems tonight?

My True has been (insert favorite swear word), since yesterday, maybe before. Speedtest.net barely registers any bandwidth at all. Right, can't get through on phone. They'd better have a mighty good explanation for this (e.g., broken fiber cable or something).

Yes, today too. Crappy, crappy.

Try it with the True-proxy at proxy.asianet.co.th:8080, at least that helps your surfing.

I don't know if that is a good idea. Sites like PayPal suspend your account if they detect a proxy server being used.

Yes, today too. Crappy, crappy.

Try it with the True-proxy at proxy.asianet.co.th:8080, at least that helps your surfing.

I don't know if that is a good idea. Sites like PayPal suspend your account if they detect a proxy server being used.

Never heard anything like that. Lots of people are forced to use proxies by their company or institution. Nothing wrong with proxies.

It seems that the TRUE proxy can reach international sites. As long the proxy is not coming to its limits by overuse.

Haven't seen any problems on several True installs I can access directly, nor have I heard any complaints from subscribers, and believe me I usually hear about issues quite quickly.

Can you share any specific websites that you are having difficulty accessing? Can you ping these websites? What are your DNS servers?

More often than not here, it is a DNS issue rather than some global outage.