Super Moon

Semper

Think you'll find it's a global term for the position of the moon last night. Nothing to do with Thailand. :rolleyes:

So, what's the difference between last night and an ordinary full moon ? :rolleyes:

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/16mar_supermoon/

I personally didn't notice it & took some Pictures, bu tno better or worse than any othe rnight when i take Pics of the Moon....

Think you'll find it's a global term for the position of the moon last night. Nothing to do with Thailand.

So, what's the difference between last night and an ordinary full moon ? :rolleyes:

JHC. Perhaps type 'Supermoon' in to google, if you can manage it with mommy's help. :rolleyes:

Think you'll find it's a global term for the position of the moon last night. Nothing to do with Thailand.

JHC. Perhaps type 'Supermoon' in to google, if you can manage it with mommy's help. :rolleyes:

Good idea. Why did I not think of that? Sure one can find answers to 90% of ones questions on Google. But the remaining questions (10%) on TV would be, where are the best pizza or hamburger places at. :whistling:

Think you'll find it's a global term for the position of the moon last night. Nothing to do with Thailand. :rolleyes:

Semper.

There's this amazing tool on the internet that allows you to find out about just about anything. You should try using it sometime, it's called google.com

Semper.

There's this amazing tool on the internet that allows you to find out about just about anything. You should try using it sometime, it's called google.com

Read post # 13 ;)

The Thai I know just call it,"Prajuntamdoung" ………Full moon, same as us, I've not heard a full moon called this before, maybe just the Thai's you've been talking too.

Maybe, but it was a "big" thing on the Thai news this morning.

There are people who are also linking it to the new invasion of Libya. Strangely enough it falls on the same day that they invaded Iraq.

Yesterday, today and especially tommorow are very significant days for some occultists.

There are people who are also linking it to the new invasion of Libya. Strangely enough it falls on the same day that they invaded Iraq.

Yesterday, today and especially tommorow are very significant days for some occultists.

Interesting coincidence about the invasion dates.

Please start a thread and tell us why occultists find these days signficant. I'd be interested.

A hell of a lot more interested than threads about shorts and socks and moons...(although Semper is quite impressive, and to be commended, in his apparent ability to actually hypnotize others via the internet into actually responding to his hilariously farcical questions!)

Now, I'm going to bed because I'm feeling sleepy, feeling sleepy, feeling sleepy....

It is the largest "visual" moon witnessed in the last 28 years.

Are you telling me that a normal full moon is not full?

Not at all Semper. a full moon is a full moon. It is visual . It appeared larger . I do not want to cut and paste a bunch of Astronomy garbage.....It just looked bigger.

Regardless it was a cool looking full moon. Beautiful last few nights. Awesome sunsets as well.

Some are trying to turn the 'supermoon' into a story linking it to the recent earthquake in Japan. It is nonsense. You can find information on it here:

http://blogs.discove...ese-earthquake/

That is a strange post. Why don't you do your own study before issuing a statement that it is nonsense.

All you did was read a blog... wow, you are now qualified to issue your 'nonsense' statement. If you think it is nonsense, I suppose you have spent at least a year looking at the whole debate?? If this is so, then surely this is 'nonsense in YOUR opinion'. Which on this forum holds absolutely no weight. If you have NOT familiarised yourself with the for and against 'evidence'. Then I think your statement is totally witrhout even the most basic credibility. So why make such a statement??

Fact is, I have read that blog, and I can also apply an argument to almost all the 'so called evidence' this astronomer has put forward to support is own 'personal' opinion. It is actually contrved and inaccurate which ignores and chooses to leave out all of the supporting evidence that the scientists and astronomers who DO support the theory.

Personally, I don't think either way on this debate. I am unqualified, yet open minded.

Every argument has 2 sides, and opposite views are held by equally respected and qualified experts in their fields. The truth is, there is not enough evidence either way, maybe one day we will know for sure. Statistics as we all know prove nothing because of coincidence can shatter the validity of statistical studies. But once an argument is proved without a doubt, that is when we are shown a lot of right 'and wrong' experts. So to say this guy who wrote that blog is an expert so must be correct holds no weight if he comes down in the 'wrong' section.

I believe in 'cause and effect'. we all know that plate tectonids are pushing together with gazillions of tonnes of force, we also know that the pacific plate is under the smae amount of downward pressure from the sheer weight of the water in the pacific ocean. For all anyone knows, it may only take a minute shift in the weight of that water to have enough influence on this whole pressure setup to cause the tiniest of effect in the tectonics alignment. After all.... This 'expert' says that the influence is minute, but in the scheme of things the plate that caused the tsunami only moved up around 7 meters, and in the scheme of things, isn't this minute?

I am not arguing for or against this supermoon/earthquake theory. But I prefer to sit on the fence and use the logic of cause and effect to formulatre my own opinion, rather than read one man's opinion, come straight down on his side and go to a public forum to issue a definite 'nonsense' statement.

Edited to add: By the way...

Some are trying to turn the 'supermoon' into a story linking it to the recent earthquake in Japan.

This has been a long debate for years. Not just drummed up since the japan crisis.

Edited by newsite12