Bringing A Cr Into Thailand...

Hi,

Would appreciate any sensible thoughts on this topic....

I am a frequent visitor/property owner to Thailand and am looking at coming for at least a year and would like to bring my car from the Uk,any ideas if this is possile,and if so what are the import duties,would i need to re register the car with a thai licence plate etc?

Many Thanks....

Edited by Parker1973

Thanks James,i knew import duty was pretty high but thats outrageous........

I'm not sure but the import tax is like 300%.

Its honestly not worth it, the auto systerm here is completely backwards. When you get here you'll see how overpriced cars are.

Basically the phrase "don't even think about it" comes to mind.

Sell your car in the UK and save the depreciation, tax and insurance. There are certain small cars here and maybe not so small that you can buy new, keep for a year or so and then sell without loosing too much money.

Make sure that you bring the correct international driving permit with you. You can then apply for a Thai driving licence and don't need to take a practical and theory test.

Cheers John...

Basically the phrase "don't even think about it" comes to mind.

Sell your car in the UK and save the depreciation, tax and insurance. There are certain small cars here and maybe not so small that you can buy new, keep for a year or so and then sell without loosing too much money.

Make sure that you bring the correct international driving permit with you. You can then apply for a Thai driving licence and don't need to take a practical and theory test.

I'm not sure but the import tax is like 300%.

Its honestly not worth it, the auto systerm here is completely backwards. When you get here you'll see how overpriced cars are.

My advice is to don’t do it, even if you want to pay the200% duty, it is impossible to release the car from the custom