My Mazda 2 Being Modified

kenny999

Bought my Mazda 2 last month and since then have had a few modifications done, not finished yet but I think looking good, it's getting plenty of looks whilst out driving, I appreciate it's not everyones cup of tea but I love it, the downside so far is I have just noticed the front nearside wheel has been kerbed by the workshop, not happy to say the least!!!!

Edited by kenny999

Nice rims, you know you don't get to keep the matching red and black plates :D .. Are they Advanti Racing? They look like my rims the ones I wanted with a light blue accent were selling too fast and they never seem to have them in stock very long.. I guess I could have gone with red like yours our cars are the same color but I opted for the polished silver instead..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Looks great!

No problems with the ground clearance? We have a standard Mazda 3 and you have sometimes to be carefully not to hit something with the front spoiler... ;-)

Hi No problems with ground clearence so far and I have been over some quite big speed bumps..

Nice rims, you know you don't get to keep the matching red and black plates :D .. Are they Advanti Racing? They look like my rims the ones I wanted with a light blue accent were selling too fast and they never seem to have them in stock very long.. I guess I could have gone with red like yours our cars are the same color but I opted for the polished silver instead..

Hi Yes rims are Advanti racing 17x7 with Nitto tyres, still a bit to do, 3 Aux interior gauges plus red LED's in front foot wells which will come on with the interior light, Carbon Kevlar bonnet,wing mirrors and boot spoiler, number 2 graphics pic enclosed of example plus assorted log's in Japanese and brand logo's, love rally car's so hopefully that is what I will achieve minus the high speed of course.

2 Graphics will go on front one side and rear the other..

post-58930-0-98564300-1300778805_thumb.j

Edited by kenny999

Hi Yes rims are Advanti racing 17x7 with Nitto tyres, still a bit to do, 3 Aux interior gauges plus red LED's in front foot wells which will come on with the interior light, Carbon Kevlar bonnet,wing mirrors and boot spoiler, number 2 graphics pic enclosed of example plus assorted log's in Japanese and brand logo's, love rally car's so hopefully that is what I will achieve minus the high speed of course.

Rally cars? Just had this frustration of possible misunderstanding local terms on another thread.. So as to avoid that again It seems that you are building more of a Touring car style being lowered and such, Rally cars generally have a raised suspension for riding on rough, uneven, off road, terrain is that what you're trying to achieve?

WTCC touring cars for example

fia-wtcc2.jpg

WRC Rally cars much higher wheel arches for suspension clearance is just the most obvious difference as is ground clearance..

image41494_b.thumbnail.jpg

Rally cars? Just had this frustration of possible misunderstanding local terms on another thread.. So as to avoid that again It seems that you are building more of a Touring car style being lowered and such, Rally cars generally have a raised suspension for riding on rough, uneven, off road, terrain is that what you're trying to achieve?

WTCC touring cars for example

fia-wtcc2.jpg

WRC Rally cars much higher wheel arches for suspension clearance is just the most obvious difference as is ground clearance..

image41494_b.thumbnail.jpg

Yes sorry my fault and yes you are right I am going for the touring car WRC look, the Rally side is purly the Logo's as they are on the touring car's, as you can see from my car which I had back in the Uk this is what I love.

post-58930-0-79483300-1300782161_thumb.j

Quite flashy but IMO that's a touring car set up.. I guess on the surface the difference is not substantial it's underneath where the big differences lie.. But the suspension set up you're seeking is definitely a track set up for touring cars not a rally set up...

Quite flashy but IMO that's a touring car set up.. I guess on the surface the difference is not substantial it's underneath where the big differences lie.. But the suspension set up you're seeking is definitely a track set up for touring cars not a rally set up...

Touring cars are what I love so the look is what I want to achieve not the performance as that would be way out of my budget..

Touring cars are what I love so the look is what I want to achieve not the performance as that would be way out of my budget..

Ok then never mind..............................Good luck, looks good so far..

Hi Guys

i bought Mazda 2 Sedan last month too and have not done any body modification. Awaiting for some cash coming in from overseas and then will do something. Anymore Mazda owners here ? We can make a club

Edited by ManOnTheRoad