A Beautiful Good Girl Or Man Eating Shark

mark45y

I thought I made it clear in the OP that the lady was not a professional bar girl, she certainly never worked in a whorehouse.

I thought and I thought as the days went by and finally one afternoon I said, "A thousand baht one hour after you get off work, OK?"

She said no. I still came to the restaurant to eat and later that week asked her, "Today?" She said no again. Two more times I politely inquired if she would be available and on the last inquiry she said, OK."

Your personal definition of prostitution is a bit outside the traditional one

I don't think he ever said she wasn't a prostitute; I think he said "not a professional bar girl", meaning, I assume, that she was employed by the house (as a waitress) and not available for bar fine.

Its unusual for Mark to say anyone is not a prostitute, though he did earlier accede that the viewpoint that married women were not prostitutes was a valid one,

SC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every hetero male on this forum gets to consort with Thai women if they so choose -- I wonder why you think that your experiences are so unique or elucidating with your Yoda-like explanations of how the game -- at least in your perception -- is played ...

I think you would be surprised to see how many guys can't get a date in a whorehouse!

(or maybe not :D)

At my age, appearance and general demeanor I am pleasantly surprised when I get a date anywhere.

I thought I made it clear in the OP that the lady was not a professional bar girl, she certainly never worked in a whorehouse.

I thought and I thought as the days went by and finally one afternoon I said, “A thousand baht one hour after you get off work, OK?”

She said no. I still came to the restaurant to eat and later that week asked her, “Today?” She said no again. Two more times I politely inquired if she would be available and on the last inquiry she said, OK.”

Your personal definition of prostitution is a bit outside the traditional one

Forgive a small journey into the past. Once upon a time Texas was completely dominated by Coke. Coke had the entire market. If one wanted a Pepsi you were simply out of luck in any fast food restaurant.

Pepsi sneaked in and took over a small segment of the market in South Texas by changing about 100 Wendy's hamburger restaurants to Pepsi.

This created major concerns in the hallowed halls of Coke. It was a small chink in the armor of the cola giant and it had to be stopped.

They sent their best and brightest VP to shore up the market. She was a stunner. She had risen quickly in the ranks with her flawless academic credentials and work performance. She also wore short skirts and had big boobs.

I controlled 10 Wendy's restaurants. She zeroed in on my restaurants serving Pepsi.

What I got for the deal? A go cart formula 1 replica to drive in parades, a million dollars in shared ad expenditures and her in bed for the weekend. I switched to coke. Was she a prostitute? I don't know but the principle stuck with me. Men will do a lot of unusual things for sex and women will do a lot of unusual things for money and power.

Sorry dude but YUM brands was owned by Pepsi. KFC & Pizza Hut have always served Pepsi products AFAIK.

Stand to be corrected.

You are correct. But I was talking about way back when before Pepsi became a fast food owner as I remember it.

There was a lot of talk by Coke of staying loyal to Coke because Pepsi was going to be a competitive entity. I believe what you are talking about happened roughly the same time period as I am talking about.

My statements were mostly involving the burger big three at the time, Mac, Burger King and Wendy's.

Forgive a small journey into the past. Once upon a time Texas was completely dominated by Coke. Coke had the entire market. If one wanted a Pepsi you were simply out of luck in any fast food restaurant.

Pepsi sneaked in and took over a small segment of the market in South Texas by changing about 100 Wendy's hamburger restaurants to Pepsi.

This created major concerns in the hallowed halls of Coke. It was a small chink in the armor of the cola giant and it had to be stopped.

They sent their best and brightest VP to shore up the market. She was a stunner. She had risen quickly in the ranks with her flawless academic credentials and work performance. She also wore short skirts and had big boobs.

I controlled 10 Wendy's restaurants. She zeroed in on my restaurants serving Pepsi.

What I got for the deal? A go cart formula 1 replica to drive in parades, a million dollars in shared ad expenditures and her in bed for the weekend. I switched to coke. Was she a prostitute? I don't know but the principle stuck with me. Men will do a lot of unusual things for sex and women will do a lot of unusual things for money and power.

Good analogy, Mark. I remember back in highschool When my girlfriend told me she was going to marry either a doctor, a pilot or a lawyer who had money. She didn't care which so long as he had money. If that ain't putting a dollar value on it then I don't know what is.

Thailand was just the reverse.

PEPSI owned this market for decades.

In Thailand the generic name for a brown fizzy sugary soft drink was & is "Pepsi"

Marketing grand slam.

Akin to "Kleenex" or a pom saying "I'm going home to HOOVER my rugs"

Coke is still a distant second place.

I go in restuarants & say "give me a coke" (cuz I am American) - lots of times you get "We only have Pepsi is that OK?" lol - hell yeah

Thailand was just the reverse.

PEPSI owned this market for decades.

In Thailand the generic name for a brown fizzy sugary soft drink was & is "Pepsi"

Marketing grand slam.

Akin to "Kleenex" or a pom saying "I'm going home to HOOVER my rugs"

Coke is still a distant second place.

I go in restuarants & say "give me a coke" (cuz I am American) - lots of times you get "We only have Pepsi is that OK?" lol - hell yeah

One thing about soda in Thailand that I have not figured out is why Buddha likes strawberry soda.