You can not extend such an entry. And without return/onward ticket within 30 days the airline can refuse to let you travel. You really should obtain a tourist visa prior to travel as it normally only takes minutes in person or if by mail/DHL or such a few days.

If you must arrive without be prepared to buy an onward ticket at departure airport or arrive with one (could be your return flight if you can change dates without issue). Once in Thailand you can visit a Consulate in Laos/Cambodia or Malaysia to obtain a tourist visa and return on that with an overnight stay.

Depending on where you are staying will dictate where you go to get a tourist visa. You can fly down to Penang first thing in the morning and apply for a visa there and you pick it up at 3-30 the same afternoon which allows for a late evening flight back to Thailand Or you can take the bus back to Thailand and go from there. That will give you 2 months with the option of extending it for 1 month for 1900 baht at immigration.

where are you and when are you flying?

Im in Japan now.............my worries is the Fukushima plant !! So the thing is , to apply for a tourist visa I need to show tickets what I dont have since Im checking the situation day by day . I hope , it will not be necessary to fly out now, but I need to have a plan.

I cant pick up the tourist visa the same day and its also only possible to apply in the morning. They also write that I need papers from my daughters school ???? for her to get a visa .

Anyway, what you guys are saying is that its possible to first get the 30 days on arrival if I change our return tickets within the 30 days, then before the 30 expire we can fly to Penang and get a tourist visa ?? wonder what papers I need to bring then ?? since its only my daughter and I ........... I think there is something about both parents have to sign some papers ???

Cheers

Your open return ticket should suffice as "an onward ticket" because you can arrange to leave any time and you do have a onward travel ticket.

Besides, the airline will not question you about onward travel, and doubtful immigration will ask for or question your onward ticket when you enter Thailand at the airport.

If you need to stay longer than the 30 days, then you would need to either go to a neighboring countries Thai Embassy to get a tourist visa 60 days extendable for another 30 days. Fly out and back in again and get another 30 days on arrival, or do a border run by land every couple of weeks.

As it stands now, you should be good to go and no worries about flying out of Japan.

Don't know about requirements of a child accompanied with a single parent or papers required, if any.

Edited by TacoBoy