Double Entry Visas Vientiane?

I'm looking for a quick heads up please people.

I am in Cambodia travelling to Laos and back to Chiang Mai. I need a double entry tourist visa for Thailand from Vientiane. I heard just before I left that they had stopped giveing out double entry visas, is this true???? Has anyone been refused?

Will they be available at the beginning of April?

Thanks

Does anyone know if I can get a double entry visa in Phnom Penh?

Thru an agent no problem in PP. Hard I understand to apply yourself and get a double there. about 3000 baht. Otherwise can get a double in VTE if you don't have a many previous tourist visa's.

Next time post in the Visa section or better yet search the Visa forum where there is plenty of discussion of availability etc.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Double entry tourist visas that would be 2X60+30 for 6 months are FREE until March 31 in both Vientiane Lao and Phnom Penh Cambodia. If you have NOT had a tourist in your passport you should have no problem . I have friends that have gone direct to embassy in PP NO agent and got their visas.

Edited by gotlost

I was refused a double entry a month ago in Vientiane, plus a warning it would be the last time they issue a visa.

Not sure yet what are the options, except from 'arranging things' with a lawyer which is easy just cost some $$.

How many visas are in your passport?

I was refused a double entry a month ago in Vientiane, plus a warning it would be the last time they issue a visa.

Not sure yet what are the options, except from 'arranging things' with a lawyer which is easy just cost some $.

In my current passport were 1 ED year visa and 2 Tourist visa before the single one issued last month.

Not sure yet what are the options, except from 'arranging things' with a lawyer which is easy just cost some $.

In my current passport were 1 ED year visa and 2 Tourist visa before the single one issued last month.

That is why you were refused double entries. If you have none or one you should be OK.

That is why you were refused double entries. If you have none or one you should be OK.

Any options known ?

1: leaving the country for 90 days

2: use the services of a lawyer

3: try Thai embassy's in other countries ?

4: ?

Thru an agent no problem in PP. Hard I understand to apply yourself and get a double there. about 3000 baht. Otherwise can get a double in VTE if you don't have a many previous tourist visa's.

Next time post in the Visa section or better yet search the Visa forum where there is plenty of discussion of availability etc.

The guy is asking for latest info , What does it matter to you if he posts here ? Ya not a od so how about you leave the mod duties to the mods . Dear me

The guy is asking for latest info , What does it matter to you if he posts here ? Ya not a od so how about you leave the mod duties to the mods . Dear me

Because there is much better current information and more informed posters in the Visa section including agents phone numbers etc...

I am surprised this thread was not moved to the visa section.

Because there is much better current information and more informed posters in the Visa section including agents phone numbers etc...

I am surprised this thread was not moved to the visa section.

Powers to be are taking a siesta.:lol:

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Ratcliffe,

Sorry, we just can't give quick heads-up (two many of us in here): as Tina Turner sang in her verbal intro to her cover of the Creedence Clearwater song, "Proud Mary:" "we never do it nice and easy."

Well, you asked for recent: just came back to CM today (an hour ago) from Vientiane, with a fresh double-entry issued today (no fee charged).

Completely agree with Khun CobraSnakeNeckTie's, and Khun GotLost's, as usual wise, mutual statements that:

1. This thread deserves to go on the main forum for visas on TV: more people can probably benefit.

2. No freebies in Vientiane after March 31 seems to be a unanimous consensus: after that 1000 baht per entry, maximum (that we know) two. Did we observe any official notice in the Vientiane consular services building about this: no. Did we look for any notice: no.

3. If you have multiple back-to-back visas, or have been here continuously a long time, you may not get "squat," and you may well get the dreaded scarlet mark. Let us know if the American (?) idiom "get squat" is unknown to you.

Note that we also believe, without solid evidence except for one nightmare, years ago, in Singapore, where a front-desk clerk evidently had recently been refused a visa for America, and took it out on us (we guess), there is a certain "random factor" at work here: call this the "lesser paranoia visa hypothesis (LPVH)," if you like. This theory suggests that on any given day you may just happen to encounter what the ancient Greeks personified as "Nemesis:" in the form, say, of: an official on duty who just doesn't like your face, or is having a bad hair day, and this results in: chaos for you. We believe the LPVH can be summarized using emoticons, but we are stumped for now on which ones to use in which order..

Note that we believe the LVPH is definitely invalidated as a major causal factor by such factors as: your looking "scruffy;" acting impatient or nervous; in any way showing anger; or, engaging in aggressive behavior: ioho that way lies madness, and chaos for you, without necessarily passing through paranoia first.

We could postulate that the presence of evidence of continuous long-stay in the Kingdom might act (in the case of LPVH at play in the fractal fields of Thai chaos) as an "accelerant" acts for an arsonist, but that's speculative.

Will post a detailed summary on the main visa discussion forum tomorrow of "just the facts ma'am," with a few Vientiane observations, another testimonial for a favorite small hotel in Vientiane, etc.

From what we've read, and heard, so far, it seems conjecture that: once the fees kick in again at Vientiane, that there will be any greater "guarantee" you will get a visa of your choice, or a "pass" on long-stay, but, given TIT, who knows ?

Also unknown, ioho, would be: what any of the touts (who are probably going to party down all night on March 31), would be able to do for you if your passport is full of "back-to-backs," etc.

good luck, ~o:37;

Edited by sbk
drop the petty digs

Okay the thread has now been moved to the correct location, I now know for next time to use the 'visa section'.

Thanks for the replys, my holiday has now changed plans!

I will now be staying in Cambodia.... if I can get a free double entry tourist visa here (will be in Phnom Penh by Monday)o plans

Otherwise....... ???

If anyone has a double entry tourist visa issued in Cambodia I'd be glad to hear from you.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Ratcliffe,

Sorry, we just can't give quick heads-up (two many of us in here): as Tina Turner sang in her verbal intro to her cover of the Creedence Clearwater song, "Proud Mary:" "we never do it nice and easy."

Well, you asked for recent: just came back to CM today (an hour ago) from Vientiane, with a fresh double-entry issued today (no fee charged).

Completely agree with Khun CobraSnakeNeckTie's, and Khun GotLost's, as usual wise, mutual statements that:

1. This thread deserves to go on the main forum for visas on TV: more people can probably benefit.

2. No freebies in Vientiane after March 31 seems to be a unanimous consensus: after that 1000 baht per entry, maximum (that we know) two. Did we observe any official notice in the Vientiane consular services building about this: no. Did we look for any notice: no.

3. If you have multiple back-to-back visas, or have been here continuously a long time, you may not get "squat," and you may well get the dreaded scarlet mark. Let us know if the American (?) idiom "get squat" is unknown to you.

Note that we also believe, without solid evidence except for one nightmare, years ago, in Singapore, where a front-desk clerk evidently had recently been refused a visa for America, and took it out on us (we guess), there is a certain "random factor" at work here: call this the "lesser paranoia visa hypothesis (LPVH)," if you like. This theory suggests that on any given day you may just happen to encounter what the ancient Greeks personified as "Nemesis:" in the form, say, of: an official on duty who just doesn't like your face, or is having a bad hair day, and this results in: chaos for you. We believe the LPVH can be summarized using emoticons, but we are stumped for now on which ones to use in which order..

Note that we believe the LVPH is definitely invalidated as a major causal factor by such factors as: your looking "scruffy;" acting impatient or nervous; in any way showing anger; or, engaging in aggressive behavior: ioho that way lies madness, and chaos for you, without necessarily passing through paranoia first.

We could postulate that the presence of evidence of continuous long-stay in the Kingdom might act (in the case of LPVH at play in the fractal fields of Thai chaos) as an "accelerant" acts for an arsonist, but that's speculative.

Will post a detailed summary on the main visa discussion forum tomorrow of "just the facts ma'am," with a few Vientiane observations, another testimonial for a favorite small hotel in Vientiane, etc.

From what we've read, and heard, so far, it seems conjecture that: once the fees kick in again at Vientiane, that there will be any greater "guarantee" you will get a visa of your choice, or a "pass" on long-stay, but, given TIT, who knows ?

Also unknown, ioho, would be: what any of the touts (who are probably going to party down all night on March 31), would be able to do for you if your passport is full of "back-to-backs," etc.

good luck, ~o:37;

:lol:

Too true! I'll definately watch this thread, thanks!