One Year Extension (Retirement)

I will be returning to Thailand with a 90 day Non-Imm "O" from the consulate here. What do I need to do (and when) to get the one year extension pending retirement visa?

Also, what is Bangkok Bank - Silom branch currently requiring in order to open an account?

Thanks

During the last 30 days of your 90 day permitted to stay time you visit Immigration with TM.7, photo, passport/copies/arrival card/copy and financial proof and pay the 1,900 baht fee for one year extension of stay for retirement. You should have proof of residence/map in case asked.

As for Bangkok Bank account set up requirement

savings account can be opened with a minimum deposit of 500Bt. Interest is calculated daily and will be credited to your account every six months. Accounts which become dormant with a balance below 2,000Bt will attract a monthly service charge.
Valid passport, and

ONE of the following documents:

2.1 An identity card with your photo issued by a government

institution or university as such as:

- Your driver’s license, Foreign Identification Card, University

Student/Professor Card

2.2 A letter of recommendation from

- Embassy [Download Form 177 KB], International

Organization, Customer’s home bank to Bangkok Bank via

the SWIFT message [Download Form 958 KB], a person

acceptable to Bangkok Bank (such as BBL staff, customer,

government officer, company executive, private firms), or

home country institutions (such as pension receipt)

[Download Form 674 KB]

2.3 Other documents showing your name such as:

- Bank Statement, lease agreement, utility bill, documents

showing owners of a fixed asset Condominium Sale/Purchase

Agreement

you may want to add another 3800bt for a multi re-entry also. you can get it at the same time as your extension to stay based upon retirement....As you can see on the forum it is a cheap price to pay for otherwise worry if you have to leave in a hurry.........

I imagine though it's still the case, if you use a single re-entry and later require another, you would need to return to your normal processing office to obtain.

Or has this been lightened up recently to again allow a re-entry to be obtained at the airport?

I imagine though it's still the case, if you use a single re-entry and later require another, you would need to return to your normal processing office to obtain.

Or has this been lightened up recently to again allow a re-entry to be obtained at the airport?

I recently heard that one can get the single reentry stamp at the airport but I dont know if they offer 24 hour servise.

May I ask, has this single re-entry permit availability at the airport been recently reintroduced?

I must have missed the topic and was about to obtain a 'multiple' at my local office, just for insurance as I probably only need a single.

I thought the airport service was only in the case of an emergency of some kind. (Apologies if I haven't been paying enough attention over recent months)

Question on Retirement Extension.....

I'm normally about a month early in extending, this year will be right near the date.

Can this be done on the actual date stamped in the Passport, or need to be the day prior?

Office, Khon Kaen.