Kraft Miracle Whip?

lukeskywalker

I think only Americans will know exactly what I'm talking about, but I can no longer find Kraft Miracle Whip? Now a new Kraft product named Kraft "Sandwich Spread," and it has a slogan across the front called "America's Favorite!". Well, I'm American, and I have never even seen or heard of it. It's a little like Miracle Whip with pickle relish mixed in. So, someone, somewhere possibly decided to stop selling the Miracle Whip and replace it with this new product thinking it's better than Miracle Whip. I could understand if the Miracle Whip wasn't selling, but it was selling. I'm a HUGE sandwich fan, and every sandwich I've ever made at my house has had a ton on Miracle Whip on it.

For those who have a special sauce or condiment that they are attached to, you can feel my pain.:annoyed:

I've only checked Rimping and Carrefore, but have a suspicion this is Thailand wide. I can only hope it'll come back.

Has anyone bought or seen it at Big C, Tesco or anywhere else? It's been gone for about 2 months now, I just kept hoping it was out of stock.

THX

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL another mayonnaise thread.

It seems there are real difficulties keeping everyone's favorite mayo's in stock in Thailand. I finally picked up a couple of those 1 kg bags of my favorite brand. And I'm glad I did because they are once again, so it seems, low on mayo again. The other day in Rimping I saw one farang with about 5 of those 1 kg bags in his cart. Looks like they will have to restrict even mayo to one per family!

You must be from middle America? I don't think anybody eats that stuff on the West coast. :rolleyes:

Yep, that's why I could buy it in the large jars in every grocery store in LA, San Jose, San Francisco, San Diego, and friends' refrigerators while I lived in California for 10 years because, obviously, nobody eats that stuff there.

Thanks for the helpful info.

You must be from middle America? I don't think anybody eats that stuff on the West coast. :rolleyes:

Yep, that's why I could buy it in the large jars in every grocery store in LA, San Jose, San Francisco, San Diego, and friends' refrigerators while I lived in California for 10 years because, obviously, nobody eats that stuff there.

Thanks for the helpful info.

Yup, it's available in just about every supermarket from San Ysidro, CA. to Bellingham, WA..

Where is "middle America" anyway? Is it a place or a state of mind somewhere between Rush Limbaugh and Rosie O'Donnel?

They say Ronald Reagan hated Miracle Whip growing up as a kid in Illinois but learned to love it in California before it gave him alzheimer’s and killed him.

Yup, it's available in just about every supermarket from San Ysidro, CA. to Bellingham, WA..

Where is "middle America" anyway? Is it a place or a state of mind somewhere between Rush Limbaugh and Rosie O'Donnel?

They say Ronald Reagan hated Miracle Whip growing up as a kid in Illinois but learned to love it in California before it gave him alzheimer's and killed him.

That's the place.

:lol: :lol:

Edited by wimpy

Miracle Whip is NOT Mayonnaise :huh:

I tried it once and thought it was disgusting.. :bah: :bah:

totster :D

Very similar to mayo, but you're right, it's labeled Miracle Whip Salad Dressing, but I've never seen anyone use it in a normal green leaf salad (i.e. lettuce, tomato, carrot, etc.). However, it is used (by a lot of people) to make tuna, potato, etc. types of "salads." Depends on definition of salad. I guess a sandwich is a salad but just "organized between to big pieces of croûtons?"

BTW, Kraft does make mayonnaise too. It's labeled as "Real Mayonnaise," and has a lemony flavor to it, but that isn't what I'm looking for.

If Mirical Whip gave you Alzheimers, I would have had it by the time I was twenty!

It's possible they have stopped importing several Kraft items. we have been unable to find Kraft real mayonnaise for weeks now. Have tried most all stores, Lotus, Tops, Rimping, Macro, Kasem's, we finally resorted to a bag of Heinz real Mayonnaise, its not bad, but not the same. seems we go through this from time to time with many imported foods, they just cease to exist for months at a time, then 1 day they are back on the shelves.

Miracle Whip is NOT Mayonnaise :huh:

I tried it once and thought it was disgusting.. :bah: :bah:

totster :D

Very similar to mayo, but you're right, it's labeled Miracle Whip Salad Dressing, but I've never seen anyone use it in a normal green leaf salad (i.e. lettuce, tomato, carrot, etc.). However, it is used (by a lot of people) to make tuna, potato, etc. types of "salads." Depends on definition of salad. I guess a sandwich is a salad but just "organized between to big pieces of croûtons?"

BTW, Kraft does make mayonnaise too. It's labeled as "Real Mayonnaise," and has a lemony flavor to it, but that isn't what I'm looking for.

If Mirical Whip gave you Alzheimers, I would have had it by the time I was twenty!

and here I thought I was the only Miracle Whip freak....

i don't think that Rimping or Tesco ever carried it, but TOPS did. In fact, I checked a couple of times at the Tops AP, and they still have a place/price for it, but no bottles.

As others have said, I know its not mayonnaise and I know its a taste that relatively few people enjoy, but I like it. Mayo just doesn't have the tang and sandwich spreads are too sweet.

Has anyone checked out the Kasem store?

We eat a fair amount of it in Texas.

David

Born and raised in Beaumont, TX!

Good thing you weren't born a bit farther to the east. You could have been Boudreaux the coona*ss. biggrin.gif

David

It takes about 5 minutes and a cheap blender, or 10 minutes and a stiff arm, to whisk up some decent mayo, unsweetened (unless you want to), no preservatives, just the perfect stuff. Try it, never look back.

It takes about 5 minutes and a cheap blender, or 10 minutes and a stiff arm, to whisk up some decent mayo, unsweetened (unless you want to), no preservatives, just the perfect stuff. Try it, never look back.

We are talking about Miracle Whip here!!!... Which requires inputs from two midwestern (Illinois) regional nuclear power plants, aged and refined powdered soy egg extract and Texas light crude as an emulsifier... Then it must be aged at room temperature on the lower shelf for at least 6 weeks preferable at a Walmart :thumbsup:

The "decent mayo" you make has a half life of about 20 minutes...

Edited by sfokevin

We are talking about Miracle Whip here!!!... Which requires inputs from two midwestern (Illinois) regional nuclear power plants, aged and refined powdered soy egg extract and Texas light crude as an emulsifier... Then it must be aged at room temperature on the lower shelf for at least 6 weeks preferable at a Walmart :thumbsup:

The "decent mayo" you make has a half life of about 20 minutes...

I just knew this would turn out to be a highly entertaining topic!

It's possible they have stopped importing several Kraft items. we have been unable to find Kraft real mayonnaise for weeks now. Have tried most all stores, Lotus, Tops, Rimping, Macro, Kasem's, we finally resorted to a bag of Heinz real Mayonnaise, its not bad, but not the same. seems we go through this from time to time with many imported foods, they just cease to exist for months at a time, then 1 day they are back on the shelves.

Yes, very strange. That Kraft Real is the only one I'll have. Spent ages going through em all in Rimping and ended up with something that is best described as a jar of jism... and it probably tastes worse! :lol:

It's as if a bunch of meat heads got together in a lab to create the most unrealistic, revolting concoction and have the balls to call it mayonnaise.

Thanks for the one answer I have been waiting on!!!! :jap:

Sorry for the tongue-in-cheek replies. We don't begrudge your like for Miracle Whip, but you got to admit that it was a really easy subject to make fun of. The ones that puzzled me though were the guys who claimed that out of the combined 47 million or so people who live in the 3 West Coast states that none of them liked the stuff even though it's sold just about everywhere.

Since you're from Beaumont in the heart of the lovely Port Arthur-Beaumont-Orange Golden Triangle area we are aware that you must be very familiar with Miracle Whip since it is, I believe, the major product of the Exxonmobil refinery complex and made with the pristine waters of the Sabine river.

Thanks for the one answer I have been waiting on!!!! :jap:

Sorry for the tongue-in-cheek replies. We don't begrudge your like for Miracle Whip, but you got to admit that it was a really easy subject to make fun of. The ones that puzzled me though were the guys who claimed that out of the combined 47 million or so people who live in the 3 West Coast states that none of them liked the stuff even though it's sold just about everywhere.

Since you're from Beaumont in the heart of the lovely Port Arthur-Beaumont-Orange Golden Triangle area we are aware that you must be very familiar with Miracle Whip since it is, I believe, the major product of the Exxonmobil refinery complex and made with the pristine waters of the Sabine river.

And the hits just keep coming!:D