Truemove Internet And Landing Page

2008bangkok

Hi,,

I signed up for True Internet about a month ago and once setup noticed that sometimes it would default to a really annoying true landing page, after poking around in the router settings i found an option to turn it off in the admin tab i thing, today true came round to replace the router as it was playing up however when i go into the settings again I can no longer find the place to turn of the landing page..

After looking at this site http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx?document_type=1&document_id=212 it seems that there are 2 types of firmware on the routers Gaw9.2U6J-1-TU-R1B101-TH.en and the newer Gaw9.2.U6J-1-TU-R1B102-TH.en which you can check by going to http router internal ip/admin_version.asp.

I have the newer one which doesnt seem to have the option to turn off the landing page, i wonder if anybody else has the same problem or can somebody with the older firmware confirm that they c an turn off the landing page in there settings and better stil if it is the case where the option is on the older firmware then a place to downgrade the router firmware

Thanks

Did you have a different model before?

My experience with that 1-port nlink unit was that the redirect was embedded in the firmware and could not be altered. That model is made by T&W, but I could never find any generic FW for it. You could Google those Gaw files. For that install the unit seemed to have a lot of problems so I swapped in another user-purchased unit, Linksys WAG54G V3 which is a real workhorse, but no longer available. :angry:

Maybe better to buy your own unit? I saw a older Belkin b unit )4-port no less) at ITCity for 795, some g units are ~ 1,500 (TP-Link, D-Link) and some used units on craigslist/thailand.

Edited by lomatopo

I'm having True internet for almost a year now.. Before the True landingpage would only appear after the internet connection had been broken, but lately the true landingpage has become a daily source of anger!

Very regularly while browsing websites (ranging from nationmultimedia.com, facebook.com and just any Dutch website) I get redirected.. Some websites I can not use at all as every click at a certain point redirects me to the True landingpage!

What are they doing? Is this some attempt for a better SEO or something?

Did you have a different model before?

My experience with that 1-port nlink unit was that the redirect was embedded in the firmware and could not be altered. That model is made by T&W, but I could never find any generic FW for it. You could Google those Gaw files. For that install the unit seemed to have a lot of problems so I swapped in another user-purchased unit, Linksys WAG54G V3 which is a real workhorse, but no longer available. :angry:

Maybe better to buy your own unit? I saw a older Belkin b unit )4-port no less) at ITCity for 795, some g units are ~ 1,500 (TP-Link, D-Link) and some used units on craigslist/thailand.

It was the same model old and new, it was definately a setting befiore but its gone now, looks like im gonnahave to buy another router purely because of that, when something gets on your nerves its gonna eat at me,why should i pay for a service and then get blatent advertising everytime i open the internet

I'm having True internet for almost a year now.. Before the True landingpage would only appear after the internet connection had been broken, but lately the true landingpage has become a daily source of anger!

Very regularly while browsing websites (ranging from nationmultimedia.com, facebook.com and just any Dutch website) I get redirected.. Some websites I can not use at all as every click at a certain point redirects me to the True landingpage!

What are they doing? Is this some attempt for a better SEO or something?

Check all the settings to see if you have a option to turn it off, it is defiantly there on some Nlink models

I have firmware Gaw9.2U6J-1-TU-R1B031-TH.en on my Nlink router. And as far as I can see there is no option to turn of the landing page. How would that option look like? I guess that maybe I should upgrade the firmware..

I didn't mind the redirect too much at first when it just showed after a newly established connection. But in the last few months it has increased so much to disturb my browsing experience.. Without an option to stop this unwanted hijacking, I guess you could say that True Online has embedded a virus in the router.

I have firmware Gaw9.2U6J-1-TU-R1B031-TH.en on my Nlink router. And as far as I can see there is no option to turn of the landing page. How would that option look like? I guess that maybe I should upgrade the firmware..

I didn't mind the redirect too much at first when it just showed after a newly established connection. But in the last few months it has increased so much to disturb my browsing experience.. Without an option to stop this unwanted hijacking, I guess you could say that True Online has embedded a virus in the router.

It is in the admin or advance tab of the router configuration and it literally says 'landing page' enabled or disabled, i think these Nlink modems are crap, i dont know if this second one is faulty but after only 2 days it seems like this router is being put to sleep after a period of inactivity or example on top of the landing page problem if i do not use my latop for a couple of hours i go to the laptop and type in a URL then page cannot be displayed error comes on and I look in the network connections and my wireless SSID is not in the list of wireless access points even though the wireless light is on the router, it takes 2 minutes or so to show again literally like if its in sleep mode..

I guess you get what you pay for!!!

The True mechanic just left here and replaced the router, this one is running on firmware Gaw9.2U6J-1-TU-R1B105-TH.en and now I do have the option to disable Landing Page in the Admin section.. So far no more trouble browsing!

The True mechanic just left here and replaced the router, this one is running on firmware Gaw9.2U6J-1-TU-R1B105-TH.en and now I do have the option to disable Landing Page in the Admin section.. So far no more trouble browsing!

Nice, i didnt realise that the link i posted there is also a lnk on that page to download firmware Gaw9.2U6J-1-TR-R1B032-TH.EN_update so i will give that a try and report back