Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

The full write up of the Bangkok to Pattalung road trip;

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ford-asia-pacific-and-africa/all-new-ford-ranger-proves-superior-fuel-efficiency-during-long-range-challenge/10150391240928805

After a little math it seems they did it 1,673 KM on a single tank, I'm guessing it was done in the 2.2 XLT Open Cab Manual.

They also posted some figures of fuel consumption;

Open Cab Manual 2.2L XLT 4x2: 19.47 Km/L This works out to about 5.1 litters per 100KM

Double Cap Manual 2.2L XLT Hi-rider 4x2: 18.18 Km/L This works out to about 5.5 litters per 100KM

Edited by stefan2519

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the Wildtrak should come with, still unsure if it'll be available in the Thai market.sad.gif

The wildtrak is bound to be popular so keep your fingers crossed. Who wants they cargo uncovered in a top model pickup? Should give better fuel economy too.

It seems that the 2.2 Wildtrak will not have the factory fitted cassette cover, going from this picture, taken last week;

My link

http://www.facebook.com/notes/ford-asia-pacific-and-africa/all-new-ford-ranger-proves-superior-fuel-efficiency-during-long-range-challenge/10150391240928805

After a little math it seems they did it 1,673 KM on a single tank, I'm guessing it was done in the 2.2 XLT Open Cab Manual.They also posted some figures of fuel consumption;Open Cab Manual 2.2L XLT 4x2: 19.47 Km/L This works out to about 5.1 litters per 100KMDouble Cap Manual 2.2L XLT Hi-rider 4x2: 18.18 Km/L This works out to about 5.5 litters per 100KM

Hello Stefan,

1673km on a 80 ltr. tank works out to 4,781829 ltr. (not 5,1 ltr). IMHO both numbers are only for advertising purposes, as only somebody who still belives in Santa Claus would takes this without a grain of salt.

If your car uses 5,1 ltr on 100km it is 16,73*5,1 ltr=85,323 ltr.

So you must stop to refill during the 1673 trip, which they probably did :lol:

Anyway, the Ford looks awesome! I have seen quit a few around Rayong and if you see one parked next to a vigo, the vigo looks small :D

That's what the Wildtrak should come with, still unsure if it'll be available in the Thai market.sad.gif

The wildtrak is bound to be popular so keep your fingers crossed. Who wants they cargo uncovered in a top model pickup? Should give better fuel economy too.

It seems that the 2.2 Wildtrak will not have the factory fitted cassette cover, going from this picture, taken last week;

My link

Yes it looks like it. I'll recheck thw brochure I saw - it could possibly have been for the 3.2 only. Either way, it looks like something like that could be fitted aftermaket anyway.

After a little math it seems they did it 1,673 KM on a single tank, I'm guessing it was done in the 2.2 XLT Open Cab Manual.They also posted some figures of fuel consumption;Open Cab Manual 2.2L XLT 4x2: 19.47 Km/L This works out to about 5.1 litters per 100KMDouble Cap Manual 2.2L XLT Hi-rider 4x2: 18.18 Km/L This works out to about 5.5 litters per 100KM

Hello Stefan,

1673km on a 80 ltr. tank works out to 4,781829 ltr. (not 5,1 ltr). IMHO both numbers are only for advertising purposes, as only somebody who still belives in Santa Claus would takes this without a grain of salt.

Anyway, the Ford looks awesome! I have seen quit a few around Rayong and if you see one parked next to a vigo, the vigo looks small :D

Yeah, you maybe right. I didn't go from the 1,673 figure, I went with the figures they advertised at the bottom.

Supposedly they sealed the tank on the open cab and made the trip on a single tank, they also set the air-con to 2 for the entire journey. Maybe they can squeeze an extra 5 litters in the top of the tank? blink.gif

Hello Stefan,

If I could manage 10 km/l in the 3.2 around Nonthaburi I'd be happy hehe. Those figures about are for driving a minimum average of 70 km/h. Where I live it's more like 30-40 km/h, so the economy will be far less.

Hello Stefan,

If I could manage 10 km/l in the 3.2 around Nonthaburi I'd be happy hehe. Those figures about are for driving a minimum average of 70 km/h. Where I live it's more like 30-40 km/h, so the economy will be far less.

If its getting 1,673 to a tank it's working out at B1.55 / km.

I'll be happy with that!

My 3.0 D4D is averaging over double that!

post-127457-0-02647200-1321601572_thumb.

Hello Stefan,

I'll be happy with that!

Remember they worked their hardest to get that economy - easy on the throttle, easy on the brakes and keeping a moderate constant speed. In comparison the nissan march can get close to 35 km/l when driven like this, but you could never get that figure in normal everyday driving. Having said that, its pretty impressive. What have similar pickups achieved on similar eco runs I wonder?

Hello Stefan,

I'll be happy with that!

Dont' get too excited about these figures people, these are all set by hypermilers (i.e. obsessive compulsives) - there's simply no way your average Somchai will get anywhere close to these kind of numbers in the real world.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Remember they worked their hardest to get that economy - easy on the throttle, easy on the brakes and keeping a moderate constant speed. In comparison the nissan march can get close to 35 km/l when driven like this, but you could never get that figure in normal everyday driving. Having said that, its pretty impressive. What have similar pickups achieved on similar eco runs I wonder?

toyota a year or two ago bragged about Chiang mai- phuket 1500km on one tank 75 liter

wonder if they need to stop for red lights, or if they have local cops or volunteers marshalling to run redlights and block off all intersections. would make it a lot easier to keep constant speed

Seems to me Truckies thrash em anyway , don't care about economy at 180 and a Cheapy Chip.cheesy.gif.

yeah, these Thai japs trucks with super efficient diesels run dirt cheap at 160kmh, so I never look at fuelconsumption figures before purchase. In comparison my 2007 Camry 2,4 and 2008 Accord 2,4 needed 30% more fuel to keep same speed with half the load. Not to mention my crv 2,0 awd unable to keep these speeds but still needed more fuel than any of above

the difference between a diesletruck retuning 9km/liter and 11km/liter cost me 20.000 baht a year, I just couldnt care less

my Ford Excursion 6,8 V10 and my Dodge Ram 8,0 V10 both returned 3km/liter, now we could have looked at the possibility of throttle off on occasions, but did I?:whistling:

Nope :D

I found this on the New Ranger site;

post-80555-0-76122900-1321837240_thumb.j

I've tried to work out what the APR interest rate is but I can't get me head around it, I'm sure someone here would do a better job than me.jap.gif

869k baht wildtrack with 10% down and 48 terms is approx 3,75%

25% down and 48 terms approx 3%

going rates from the majors, without any subsidies from Ford.

I've tried to work out what the APR interest rate is but I can't get me head around it, I'm sure someone here would do a better job than me.jap.gif

No sense in converting to APR, because you'll never actually be paying based on that..

Flat-rate inteest, based on the 699K open cab for 48 months is:

10% down: 3.7%

15% down: 3.3%

20% down: 3.1%

25% down: 3.0%

Id' expect to be able to negotiate at least 10% off those interest rates though - no way are they going to advertise their best rates :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

No sense in converting to APR, because you'll never actually be paying based on that..

Id' expect to be able to negotiate at least 10% off those interest rates though - no way are they going to advertise their best rates :)

Ford Phuket said today the free insurance is valid only if financed in TISCO, not Tanachart.

and also have a pricelist with 10% down and 4,0% on 60 terms, TISCO

and Tanachart has offered me 10% down and 2,9% on 48 terms

Ford Phuket said today the free insurance is valid only if financed in TISCO, not Tanachart.

Yeah, the rates are all tied to risk, and Thanachart appear to be fairly friendly to farang with good credit histories in TH.. You'd probably get that down to 2.4-2.6% with 20% down I'd expect.

As for freebies, they can say what they want - let them know you'll only commit when they make the right deal, and your phone won't stay silent for too long.. Filling out the finance app, but without a signature is my normal startegy if financing w/ the dealer -otherwise give them a photo copy of approved app from other lender. Gimme the deal, get my sig - until then, sweat on it ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Yeah, the rates are all tied to risk, and Thanachart appear to be fairly friendly to farang with good credit histories in TH.. You'd probably get that down to 2.4-2.6% with 20% down I'd expect.

As for freebies, they can say what they want - let them know you'll only commit when they make the right deal, and your phone won't stay silent for too long.. Filling out the finance app, but without a signature is my normal startegy if financing w/ the dealer -otherwise give them a photo copy of approved app from other lender. Gimme the deal, get my sig - until then, sweat on it ;)

problem is, they have a list of 5k baht deposit buyers, and to few units next 3 months

but going back on the ford.co.th free insurance seems dirty, cash purchase or Tanachart

and still uncertain when in December, if at all would be my comment

so I might get a focus td for now, and ranger 3,2 when supply has stabilised

I haven't had the freebies conversation yet nor have I pushed to much on the financing. I'm waiting till they've got the model that I've put the deposit down on to turn up; Is this the right way to be playing it?ph34r.gif

What freebies should we expect or push for? I was doing some tallying up and came to the conclusion that at least another 15,000 would have to be thrown at it once received; Windows tinted, rust spray, weather wax, floor mats and any other owner specific mods that one would want.

I haven't had the freebies conversation yet nor have I pushed to much on the financing. I'm waiting till they've got the model that I've put the deposit down on to turn up; Is this the right way to be playing it?ph34r.gif

What freebies should we expect or push for? I was doing some tallying up and came to the conclusion that at least another 15,000 would have to be thrown at it once received; Windows tinted, rust spray, weather wax, floor mats and any other owner specific mods that one would want.

It's difficult to play hard-ball on freebies when you're pushing to get an unreleased car ASAP - any decent salesrep will know you'll probably fold first, hehe :D

But, to the point, it all comes down to the model you're buying. lower-end pickups will have a max. discount headroom of around 3-5%, but the higher end you go, the more profit margin the dealer makes, so could be as high as 6 or 7% if you're buying a top-shelf model.

Minus 2-4% from those numbers if the dealer isn't getting any finance commission.

So do the sums on that, then subtract the value of the 1st year insurance and road tax (assuming they're including that), and what you have left is your 'free' accessory money ;)

So apart from the "usual" accessories like window tinting, floor mats, is there anything you'd go for, for the top model wildtrak?

And what tires are provides with the new ranger? Are they up to snuff for road driving?

I will remove the CAT and block off the EGR also add a K&N replacement filter (not a Cone) but I will wait till after the first service, 4,000Km from what people are posting in Aus. I can't find the owners manual on-line yet so don't know when the first service is due. Then depending on the power I may add a chip. I'm also probably going to get the reversing sensors added, this is the main accessory that I will try to push from Ford when Signing. I think it's Kinda strange they have left that off the Wildtrak, is it only me? The wife will also be using it so It's a must!blink.gif