Install Dashcam

Wandr

Any recommendations for where to install a Dashcam, front and rear?

And about what the installation cost should be - both plugged into the cigarette lighter and wired into the system?

I don't need the cameras - just the installation.

Thanks.

After viewing many YouTube videos on how to install a dash cam, I went ahead and did it, front and back. I could not get my body to contort to do the wiring at the fuse box so I went to a auto window film shop that also installed dash cams. It seems that many of the auto window film shops also do dash cam installs. I am so glad I now have dash cam as an idiot motorbike rider claimed I hit him. I showed him my dash cam and told him to get lost.

• Like 1

Amnuay Motor Air 2 just off the superhighway will do it for you but I've no idea how much they charge just for installation. I recently purchased a mirror dash camera there and installation was "included" in the price.

Also, there is a girl who works there who speaks fluent English. I believe she is the daughter of the owner. You could send them a message on Google maps to inquire about their installation costs. The responded promptly to my inquirys recently.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WhatMeWorry said:

After viewing many YouTube videos on how to install a dash cam, I went ahead and did it, front and back. I could not get my body to contort to do the wiring at the fuse box so I went to a auto window film shop that also installed dash cams. It seems that many of the auto window film shops also do dash cam installs. I am so glad I now have dash cam as an idiot motorbike rider claimed I hit him. I showed him my dash cam and told him to get lost.

Good info thanks. About to visit a recommended auto window film fitter and want to instal front and rear cams plus proximity parking sensors.

I ended up going to a place called Perfection Car Audio, based on a recommendation I read. It's near Big C there.

Cost 700 to hard wire it in. Would have been 400 to plug into cigarette lighter socket.

Guy seemed to know what he was doing, and the woman knew enough English to explain some of the wifi connections. I will have to play with it a bit to get to know it, though.

• Thanks 2

On 5/14/2024 at 5:56 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Amnuay Motor Air 2 just off the superhighway will do it for you but I've no idea how much they charge just for installation. I recently purchased a mirror dash camera there and installation was "included" in the price.

Also, there is a girl who works there who speaks fluent English. I believe she is the daughter of the owner. You could send them a message on Google maps to inquire about their installation costs. The responded promptly to my inquirys recently.

I'd recommend them too as they fitted a new radio and reversing cam for me. Very quick and professional.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Amnuay motor Air 2 have fitted a couple for me with front and back lenses. 500B at the time.  They fit an extra power socket behind the dash so the normal power socket is left free.

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 11:38 AM, Robert Paulson said:

Id like a dashcam too and I get paranoid about the power usage in terms of sucking off the battery. I guess if it’s wired right it’s ok but I got a lot plugged in in the car already. 

You must referring to the parking mode which can be turned off to prevent draining  the battery. I would suggested fitting a power box, Blackvue and Viofo make them.  They monitor the battery and turn the parking mode off at a preset battery level and or a preset time.  Mine runs for up to 12 hours in parking mode and reduced frame rate.  https://blackvue.com/parking-mode-accessories-overview/

Edited by Dellboy218