Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture supposedly taken yesterday in Rayong.

I'm not sure if they're 3.2s or 2.2s but I hope there's a black 2.2 in there somewhere!drunk.gifclap2.gif

post-80555-0-84372100-1328078475_thumb.j

That chilli orange doesn't look anything like the pictures on the Ford website sad.png

The Ford website is closest to actual. My guess is that photo above has been taken with a cheap cellphone.

I'm not sure if they're 3.2s or 2.2s but I hope there's a black 2.2 in there somewhere!drunk.gifclap2.gif

That chilli orange doesn't look anything like the pictures on the Ford website sad.png

Well it looks like that on the showroom at motor show!! I have one on order in the 3.2

Well it looks like that on the showroom at motor show!! I have one on order in the 3.2

Looks like what at the motorshow, the Ford website pics, or the one posted by stefan2519?

I have read dusins of places about Ford using a Getrag in Ranger, but always found that info od as traditionally Getrag only has made small expensive series and stayed away from the volume market.

Well, ZF is Europes largest autotranny maker, so doesnt really change much.. They often handle much more dieseltourque than Ranger puts out

as for fuel, my experience with small contra larger engines of similar design, is at 80-120kmh steady speed the small one wins. But pushed hard like maintaining 160kmh crusingspeed or off road, the larger is equal or less on fuel. In the case of Ranger/BT50, with identical autos and rearends, my average will probably be less with 3,2 engine, as I go kinda fast

Well, it wasn't me that said it was a Getrag - I've known about the 6R80 since I first asked you if you'd be interested in a 200HP 5-pot pickup, way back in early-mid 2010, hehe ;)

According to ADR FE figures, there's almost no difference between the 3.2L 6AT and the 2.2L 6AT, so you'll probably get even better mileage than aniticipated, given your driving style ;)

Should the racechip for the ford transit fit into the ranger 3.2? A few pages back a poster alluded to some restriction that reduces the potential of tuning the engine - probably to save the gearbox, but I thought MRO said this gearbox could handle much more torque and HP. 260HP and 560NM should do nicely:)

BTW I think that chili orange ranger pic are 2.2's judging by the wheels used. Note this colour looks much darker out on the street, and much nicer under the motor show lights:)

Should the racechip for the ford transit fit into the ranger 3.2? A few pages back a poster alluded to some restriction that reduces the potential of tuning the engine - probably to save the gearbox, but I thought MRO said this gearbox could handle much more torque and HP. 260HP and 560NM should do nicely:)

BTW I think that chili orange ranger pic are 2.2's judging by the wheels used. Note this colour looks much darker out on the street, and much nicer under the motor show lights:)

I don't know the exact maths but 400Nm in first gear is times (whatever?) because of the gearing so in first it could be 800Nm or a 1,000Nm?

The Racechip has been designed for the Transit's ECU it's not the same as the Ranger.

Chip-it in Aus (one of the bigger diesel tecs) has been having trouble getting more power out from an add on chip, they've only managed 7KW and less than 50Nm gain which isn't worth it.

Chip-it are trying to break the code on the ECU but no luck so far, they seem to be the pioneers so far, lets hope when they hit Europe things will change.

No one as yet has tried a remap to my knowledge but I'm only using forums and Google for my info.

Note this colour looks much darker out on the street, and much nicer under the motor show lights:)

Looks pretty freaking awful in that picture posted by stefan :(

I think I'll wait for the XLT to be upgraded with more accessories. USB, bluetooth, audio controls on steering wheel are the minimum I want, without all the bling on the Wildtrak.

I don't know the exact maths but 400Nm in first gear is times (whatever?) because of the gearing so in first it could be 800Nm or a 1,000Nm?

The Racechip has been designed for the Transit's ECU it's not the same as the Ranger.

Chip-it in Aus (one of the bigger diesel tecs) has been having trouble getting more power out from an add on chip, they've only managed 7KW and less than 50Nm gain which isn't worth it.

Chip-it are trying to break the code on the ECU but no luck so far, they seem to be the pioneers so far, lets hope when they hit Europe things will change.

No one as yet has tried a remap to my knowledge but I'm only using forums and Google for my info.

Racechip works on any ECU as it doesnt interfere with ECU, just amplifies the signals out of it. Its simple, its not perfection, its not +40% but it works within its limits no matter what they code in ECU

Vigo Aisin 4auto cant handle the euro spec 173hp, thus another 5 speeder in Europe. They still survive 400k km with chips.

Remember Ranger boxes are designed for these engines pulling 3400kg vehicle, with 3200kg trailer. I will go with more power, but half the weight in TH

and never throttle full in 1st, usually ETC will kick in anyway, so its wasted

Quick question for all you experts.

Submitted a finance request last Saturday on a 699 2dr XLT, 10% down, 6 years.

Should be granted or denied today, but the finance man phoned up yesterday saying that the 3.8% interest figure we were told was wrong, and it should actually be 3.9%.

My questions are, can he actually do that after we have signed the documents already and submitted the request (he was actually there at the time, too).

And is that the right figure or can it be negotiated?

We have called another dealership to see what they offer for a comparison, but they have yet to get back to us, seeing as it is 8am...

Should be granted or denied today, but the finance man phoned up yesterday saying that the 3.8% interest figure we were told was wrong, and it should actually be 3.9%.

My questions are, can he actually do that after we have signed the documents already and submitted the request (he was actually there at the time, too).

We have called another dealership to see what they offer for a comparison, but they have yet to get back to us, seeing as it is 8am...

assuming you signed blank forms, yep, thats what they do if you are on the edge of approval, higher risk, higher interest. Better than a no

if you want a second opinion you need to check with another dealer using another financecompany

and if you move up to 20% down, you should get 3,15% at 72 months without prior car finance history

on the other hand I just had interest reduced from 2,45 asking by mazda to 2,15 delivered from Tanachart, due to good history with Tanachart and 10/10 reports on my Th creditcard. 20% down

Sorry, maybe shouldn't have tried to explain something I know little about but the aftermarket chips (any make) are only returning 7KW and less than 50Nm max, there's a fail safe built in for these chips by Ford, I don't know where but it's there.

You will not get the power increases stated by Racechip so in my 2 cents you'd be best to wait for one designed for the Ranger.coffee1.gif

assuming you signed blank forms, yep, thats what they do if you are on the edge of approval, higher risk, higher interest. Better than a no

if you want a second opinion you need to check with another dealer using another financecompany

and if you move up to 20% down, you should get 3,15% at 72 months without prior car finance history

on the other hand I just had interest reduced from 2,45 asking by mazda to 2,15 delivered from Tanachart, due to good history with Tanachart and 10/10 reports on my Th creditcard. 20% down

Thanks for the response, I guess I should just go with it then.

Tanachart came out much more expensive, and after ringing the Prachinburi dealership, they said that they can only do 3.95% on 10% down over 6 years.

Looks like what at the motorshow, the Ford website pics, or the one posted by stefan2519?

Both, depending on light, the pearl in the paint changes tone just a bit

Thanks for the response, I guess I should just go with it then.

Tanachart came out much more expensive, and after ringing the Prachinburi dealership, they said that they can only do 3.95% on 10% down over 6 years.

It's the 10% down and 6 year term combined that's making it difficult and expensive for you. If you were able to up the downpayment to 25%, or reduce the term to 3 or 4 years only, you'd be a much easier application to approve.

I'm surprised you've been able to achieve <4% as a first (TH) buyer with those parameters. Many brands wouldn't even consider your app... so well done :)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Thanks, I guesslaugh.png

Though I won't find out until tomorrow if it is accepted. I'm not over the moon paying 820k ish for a car priced at 699, but it is the way it has got to be at the moment.

Sorry, was trying to be constructive and congratulatory, I tend to cut things a bit short sometimes :)

Well, it seems I have to eat my hat.

There's now a Racechip chip for the Ranger 3.2 available;

http://www.racechip....DCI-4401-r.html

Thanks, to the Australian member for sending the details on another forumwai.gif

I still haven't heard of anyone using it yet.

Well that's no different at all to the same engine in the Transit...

I think what you'll find is that the Australian outfit that have been poo-pooing the idea have been going about it a completely different way (i.e. they've been approaching at or close to ECU level).

These Racechip piggybacks are pretty transparent in the way they work, so it's hard to imagine anything less than a race-spec ECU and sensors would be able to figure out they're there and compensate accordingly - well, with any real degree of accuracy and therefore retardation anyway.

Ranger: http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning/Ford-Ranger-3-2-TDCI-4401-r.html

Transit: http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chiptuning/Ford-Transit-6-3-2-TDCI-2834-r.html

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I can see the "improvements" in the figures that those race chips just by a cursory glance at the numbers on their website.. but can I ask if there are any downsides to having one fitted or adverse affects as a result? Sorry if its a dumb question! smile.png

Edited by Ungabunga

Well, it seems I have to eat my hat.

There's now a Racechip chip for the Ranger 3.2 available;

http://www.racechip....DCI-4401-r.html

Thanks, to the Australian member for sending the details on another forumwai.gif

I still haven't heard of anyone using it yet.

Well that's no different at all to the same engine in the Transit...

I think what you'll find is that the Australian outfit that have been poo-pooing the idea have been going about it a completely different way (i.e. they've been approaching at or close to ECU level).

These Racechip piggybacks are pretty transparent in the way they work, so it's hard to imagine anything less than a race-spec ECU and sensors would be able to figure out they're there and compensate accordingly - well, with any real degree of accuracy and therefore retardation anyway.

Ranger: http://www.racechip....DCI-4401-r.html

Transit: http://www.racechip....DCI-2834-r.html

The ranger posting must be new as it wasn't there two days ago, or at least I didn't see it. I can see the numbers - up to 258 hp and 559 NM, but how would this be felt in such a heavy vehicle such as the ranger. BTW say my first ranger today - that black or dark grey colour 2.2 double cab. Looked nice as looked higher than the 4wd vigo in the rear. If I rear ended it I would have slid right underneath it I think:)

had a look at the new ranger in sakon nakhon last week

red auto and blue manual gear

seats, interior looked cheap

doors closed with a cheap tin sound

think my vigo champ prerunner look and feel better

edit: unable to upload picture

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.339342409431263.83491.100000665193555&type=1&l=336508bb18

Edited by mcdiver

I would be very interested to hear someone compare the Ford to the Mazda.

It is my understanding they both come from the same plant?

Yet the interior of the Mazda ( in the specs & pics) looks a lot better.

I would be interested in things like what mcdiver just mentioned.

How does the mazda quality feel in doors etc.

I look forward to checking them both out in a few months when I return

http://www.facebook....=1&l=336508bb18

http://www.facebook....=1&l=336508bb18

Isn't the 4 door hi-rider prerunner over a hundred grand more expensive though?

Can an OP tell me why I double quote every time even when there's only one when I hit submit?

Edited by stefan2519

Thanks, I guesslaugh.png

Though I won't find out until tomorrow if it is accepted. I'm not over the moon paying 820k ish for a car priced at 699, but it is the way it has got to be at the moment.

Sorry, was trying to be constructive and congratulatory, I tend to cut things a bit short sometimes smile.png

No apology necessary, I didn't mean for that to sound sarcastic; though reading it back it kinda did, sorry. The finance was approved today, so I will be picking the car up in 3 weeks hopefully. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks, I guesslaugh.png

Sorry, was trying to be constructive and congratulatory, I tend to cut things a bit short sometimes smile.png

No apology necessary, I didn't mean for that to sound sarcastic; though reading it back it kinda did, sorry. The finance was approved today, so I will be picking the car up in 3 weeks hopefully. Thanks for the advice.

Congrats! partytime2.gif

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Isn't the 4 door hi-rider prerunner over a hundred grand more expensive though?

You're not actually buying the "my Hilux is better than a Ranger" line are you? ;)

No, I just couldn't think of anything else constructive to say.

I could have said "mines still bigger than yours" but just didn't want to go down that road :-)