Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

That car park in Rayong seems to be getting smaller, or them rangers are like rabbits;

post-80555-0-42379000-1328942058_thumb.jpost-80555-0-06522500-1328942060_thumb.j

That's a hell of a lot to be just sitting around!passifier.gif

I hope these are ready to move out, I wouldn't like my new truck to be sitting out in the open for several months. It seems that overseas markets are being catered to first and we have to wait. I think that's why ford have not been clear on the introduction of the 3.2 here. Do we have to wait for the Motorshow for the 'formal' introduction? Hopefully there will be a price for the 3.2 then. Anyway, once our production comes on song, how long would delivery take? Ford/mazda are usually quite fast, but if there are 7000 booking already made it might take a while to clear that backlog. I think I'll wait till the Motorshow next month to see what's on offer and might squeeze in a test drive of the 2.2 in the meantime. Just over there last few days I've seen a number of rangers sitting around dealer parking lots and a couple of testers on the road, so hopefully at least the 2.2 should be delivered to customers shortly.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, my 2 month delay for a 2.2 Wildtrack has now expanded to March-April delivery.

Thus my 3 weeks since booking means that I may be waiting 3 and a half months for the bloody thing.

The salesboy says I am at the top of the list because I am paying cash.

But I think he is talking B.S.

What do you think?

Should I take up an offer from Sime/Darby Mazda? See which lot delivers first and then cancel the slouch?

Getting a BMW was a lot faster (in Aus though).

That car park in Rayong seems to be getting smaller, or them rangers are like rabbits;

post-80555-0-42379000-1328942058_thumb.jpost-80555-0-06522500-1328942060_thumb.j

That's a hell of a lot to be just sitting around!passifier.gif

I hope these are ready to move out, I wouldn't like my new truck to be sitting out in the open for several months. It seems that overseas markets are being catered to first and we have to wait. I think that's why ford have not been clear on the introduction of the 3.2 here. Do we have to wait for the Motorshow for the 'formal' introduction? Hopefully there will be a price for the 3.2 then. Anyway, once our production comes on song, how long would delivery take? Ford/mazda are usually quite fast, but if there are 7000 booking already made it might take a while to clear that backlog. I think I'll wait till the Motorshow next month to see what's on offer and might squeeze in a test drive of the 2.2 in the meantime. Just over there last few days I've seen a number of rangers sitting around dealer parking lots and a couple of testers on the road, so hopefully at least the 2.2 should be delivered to customers shortly.

When pestering Ford again about prices and dates, got an email back yesterday saying prices would be released in April, but no info on dates yet!

Is it possible to fit a reverse camera to the 2.2 wildtrak? Possibly one that also has sat nav also?

I have seen several of these in various accessory shops, yes.

http://www.navigadge...ear-view-mirror

Thanks have tou seen these in LoS yet? Even one attached to the dash would be ok.

Yes, that's what I meant :) I have seen these at numerous Thai accessory shops. Never really paid too much attention to them though - but a visit to the usual places, or some Googling should turn them up pretty easily. Try searching for: กระจกในเก๋ง lcd

Is it possible to fit a reverse camera to the 2.2 wildtrak? Possibly one that also has sat nav also?

Thanks have tou seen these in LoS yet? Even one attached to the dash would be ok.

Yes, that's what I meant smile.png I have seen these at numerous Thai accessory shops. Never really paid too much attention to them though - but a visit to the usual places, or some Googling should turn them up pretty easily. Try searching for: กระจกในเก๋ง lcd

Thanks MRO, any news on release of the 3.2 yet? They better get on the ball as it seems the BT 50 are selling very well and deliveries have already started according an unmentionable internet paper.

I'm pulling this from another thread, because it seems to make more sense here:

I was all prepared to ditch my current pickup in favour of a 3.2 Ranger when they finally hit the market, having talked to a various people (supposedly in the know) now I have deferred my decision and wait for at-least 12 months until the bugs (of which there are plenty it seems) are sorted out.

I can appreciate why you might not want to go into public detail on what these 'bugs' might be..

However, I was also thinking that a more generalized 'pre-delivery checklist' might be helpful for potential new truck purchasers..

To kick-off, here's some of the things I might want to check before taking delivery, generally speaking of course! :)

• If buying an open cab, I would want to make sure that all doors close properly without requiring unusually high force.
  • I would want to take a quick test drive, driving it at high revs and also at high speed, to make sure that no warnings (for e.g. 'door ajar') were displayed.
  • While on that test drive, I would also be looking for unusally high level and/or high frequency vibration.
  • I would also sight the car, and make sure that things like doors and hoods sat flush, and that the rear tray was properly aligned and not standing proud on one side..

Any pre-delivery checks you would add Spoonman? ;)

I was all prepared to ditch my current pickup in favour of a 3.2 Ranger when they finally hit the market, having talked to a various people (supposedly in the know) now I have deferred my decision and wait for at-least 12 months until the bugs (of which there are plenty it seems) are sorted out.

I've gone pretty fanatical about research on the Ranger, and except for the odd lemons there's not one mass fault that seems to be popping up.

The odd manual and auto boxes have gone and a couple of electrical issues.

I have read of two that have a vibration at high speed but still no word on what the fault is on those, although I've heard of one that had the driveshaft out of alignment.

I'm going from comments if actual workers at ATT there isn't a model range default at play more like factory teething issues ( NO, before you say it haven't got shares).

What is now getting annoying is that Ford Asia and Pacific feel that it's OK to not give any imformation on when the Wildtrak deliveries will start. I think that it may have something to do with Australia not receiving any to date, atleast that's what I hope.

MRO, I've seen a lot if Rangers around in the last few weeks, but I haven't seen one BT50 yet on the streets. If they are both being manufactured at ATT I'm sure one can't be head of the other on manufacturing quantity and quality?

I've gone pretty fanatical about research on the Ranger, and except for the odd lemons there's not one mass fault that seems to be popping up.

I have read of two that have a vibration at high speed but still no word on what the fault is on those, although I've heard of one that had the driveshaft out of alignment.

I'm going from comments if actual workers at ATT there isn't a model range default at play more like factory teething issues ( NO, before you say it haven't got shares).

What is now getting annoying is that Ford Asia and Pacific feel that it's OK to not give any imformation on when the Wildtrak deliveries will start. I think that it may have something to do with Australia not receiving any to date, atleast that's what I hope.

MRO, I've seen a lot if Rangers around in the last few weeks, but I haven't seen one BT50 yet on the streets. If they are both being manufactured at ATT I'm sure one can't be head of the other on manufacturing quantity and quality?

Just sent a PM with an email address of someone who should be able to answer your query about Wildtrak deliveries.

Forget the Wildtrak, let's just have an XLT with similar accessories (or close to) to the Thai mythical Wildtrak. I can live without roof bars, bed rails & leather seats or cruise control....

Agreed!

Give me proper safety features, a reversing camera and sensors, and a working GPS along with the XLT's chrome grille and door handles (<deleted> were they thinking giving the Wildtrak a 'base model' color scheme?), and they might have a sale.

Until that day, frak it, I'll just use the FIL's trusty Isuzu when I need to carry some dirt, and put the 1M-odd saved into the 458 Spyder fund ;)

But hey, the XLT has auto headlamps & rain sensing wipers - very useful for folk with no arms ;-) "I want USB audio" I told the salesman - "Wildtrak has this" he replies "and voice control". "Excellent", I replied. "Does this mean I shout FASTER, & the truck speeds up? biggrin.png "

eBay 3.2 diesel chip quote;

I bought a cheap ford transit 3.2 chip from Germany on eBay. 200hp to 250hp with chip. I thought for $112.00 it was worth playing around with.

Plugged it into my fuel pressure sensor. plug was the same so I was having high hopes then I started my engine and it made a strange clicking/banging sound. Turned it off after 1 second. Removed it and started engine again all is well. Tried it one more time. Same noise so seems that the risk did not pay off. So I am not going to try again. It could of been a pressure valve somewhere that was opening cause the pressure in the rail was to high.

Just sent a PM with an email address of someone who should be able to answer your query about Wildtrak deliveries.

Sure hope you share that info on deliveries, as I have been nuts with a deposit on the 3.2 and no info, no matter how much I email them!

Well, received an email back on expected dates.

It looks like after some serious number crunching and some long meetings they came up with this;

Ford Ranger 4x2 Wildtrak will be available around March - June 2012.

If we have any update we will let you know on April 2012 again.

A little disappointed is an understatement, but I've waited this long, what's an extra 4 months at worst :-(

Edited by stefan2519

Yes, that's what I meant smile.png I have seen these at numerous Thai accessory shops. Never really paid too much attention to them though - but a visit to the usual places, or some Googling should turn them up pretty easily. Try searching for: กระจกในเก๋ง lcd

Thanks, its here for about 800US so about 24000 baht. Has both bluetooth, sat nav and rear view camera..smile.png

http://www.host-in-thai.com/news_detail-nid-107.html

Edited by culicine

March to June? Talk about ballpark, Yikes,

And that's not even the 3.2 !! If ford isn't careful they will lose a lot of sales to mazda - faster delivery, cheaper, better service centres??

I wonder if they will be launching a 999k baht XLT 3,2 as alternative

Lets hope so! I would need to cover the rear, so the wildtrak side rails / sports bar would be useless unless something aftermarket is made to fit the wildtrak. Would need to remove them to fit a canopy otherwise. I might consider the bt50 if the wildtrak is slow to get released this year.

And that's not even the 3.2 !! If ford isn't careful they will lose a lot of sales to mazda - faster delivery, cheaper, better service centres??

....and the girly styling. May be OK for those who think having a reversing camera on a truck is manly.

Edited by NanLaew

....and the girly styling. May be OK for those who think having a reversing camera on a truck is manly.

...I think the styling is different,not necessarily girly...and looks good BTW...and also I've never had a car with the reversing camera before,but I'll get it any moment,if available...and hopefully they work in the dark garages as well cool.png

sounds like someone who has never had a truck! I have had nothing but trucks for over 20 years before moving here! If you dress out a truck like it should be seeing behind the bumper is impossible so camera is a plus! What have you been looking at when you say girly styling?? I am tired of seeing these midget trucks, and glad to finally see one getting up to size, I am not stupid enough to drive one downtown and try to find parking, and stay away from the city as much as I can, but use taxi when needed!

if you need a macho truck, get a macho truck, without camera

I dont give a shit if it comes with a smiling grill, as long as it performsgiggle.gif

However with the hatch often down and bed loaded, I need some reversing aid. 2 fixes, camera, or extra reverse sensors in top edge of hatch, working when hatch open. I prefere the sensors, but not sure if ranger/bt50 software accepts them with an alternating switch

great the Ranger wildrack 3.2 will be debuting for 1.049 mil especially as i dont plan on getting much in the way of concessions as I will be buying when available. Spoke to the dealership few days ago who advised me the price, still hoping the everest will be available end of this year or more concrete information will be out especially given the trailblazer will be out sooner.

The chev/isuzu offering is more of an extension of the previous generation inside and out, reminds me of the navara, the new ranger/bt50 may only be a little more refined and substantial but that little bit goes a long way makes me question whether toyota can afford to delay the imv2. will be interesting to see the new nissan/mitsu platform and their pickup suv offerings sometime this year.

Edited by caphant

great the Ranger wildrack 3.2 will be debuting for 1.049 mil especially as i dont plan on getting much in the way of concessions as I will be buying when available. Spoke to the dealership few days ago who advised me the price, still hoping the everest will be available end of this year or more concrete information will be out especially given the trailblazer will be out sooner.

The chev/isuzu offering is more of an extension of the previous generation inside and out, reminds me of the navara, the new ranger/bt50 may only be a little more refined and substantial but that little bit goes a long way makes me question whether toyota can afford to delay the imv2. will be interesting to see the new nissan/mitsu platform and their pickup suv offerings sometime this year.

Not sure where he got his price, as Ford Thailand said price won't be released till april just 2 days ago in reply to my emails! I have been on that list of 3.2 Wiltracks on order also, so I think maybe your dealer is just guessing! I did however see 3 new XLT's on the road today which is encourageing!

Not sure where he got his price, as Ford Thailand said price won't be released till april just 2 days ago in reply to my emails! I have been on that list of 3.2 Wiltracks on order also, so I think maybe your dealer is just guessing! I did however see 3 new XLT's on the road today which is encourageing!

as the 2,2 wildtrack is 70k more than 2,2 xlt not containing any electronics or large wheels, I would guess 1,1 or more

2,2 WT is basicly 70k baht for leather, cruise and wt plastics