Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

Quite a positive BT50 review http://www.motoring....ch-review-27379

Makes sense as the BT50 is basically the Ford Ranger with a few interior and exterior cosmetic changes. Might be a good option for some if the price differential is enough...I mean, you can't see the outside when you are inside driving :lol:

...looks sharp here...

If it looks like a sedan it better ride like a sedan:)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I right in thinking that with the top model wildtrak (3.2) you would need to remove the roll bar and side rails to fit a canopy?

You sure are :)

OK thanks. Is it possible to swap the side rails/rollbar, for the factory approved 2.2 roll bar / flat canopy, or fords full size canopy? Is ford OK to mix and match prior to delivery or I have to go aftermarket?

You can't normally de-spec (or indeed up-spec) a car in Thailand, but I'm sure the dealership (or perhaps a member here?) will be happy to take them off your hands..

the curtain casette cover I have seen for wildtrack fitted inbetween the wildtrack rails and rollbar. possibly still a prototype, as I recall labelled aeroklas

OK thanks. Is it possible to swap the side rails/rollbar, for the factory approved 2.2 roll bar / flat canopy, or fords full size canopy? Is ford OK to mix and match prior to delivery or I have to go aftermarket?

You can't normally de-spec (or indeed up-spec) a car in Thailand, but I'm sure the dealership (or perhaps a member here?) will be happy to take them off your hands..

the curtain casette cover I have seen for wildtrack fitted inbetween the wildtrack rails and rollbar. possibly still a prototype, as I recall labelled aeroklas

I've check a few Thai internet blogs and Ford's own specification list in Thai. I don't think we'll get it, one of those cost saving features that can be easily left off. bah.gif

like this one? looks cool. I'm sure the aftermarket will come up with something..

http://www.njalumini...rack_fordRa.jpg

That's what the Wildtrak should come with, still unsure if it'll be available in the Thai market.sad.gif

The wildtrak is bound to be popular so keep your fingers crossed. Who wants they cargo uncovered in a top model pickup? Should give better fuel economy too.

That's what the Wildtrak should come with, still unsure if it'll be available in the Thai market.sad.gif

The wildtrak is bound to be popular so keep your fingers crossed. Who wants they cargo uncovered in a top model pickup? Should give better fuel economy too.

thats it

improves fuel economy, and/or increases top speed :P

but so does an open hatch ;)

and nobody drewls on my beer ;)

This is the 3 piece Ford hard top cover. I'd expect that this could be fitted to the Wildtrak with the aero wing still on.

post-80555-0-53669200-1320827296_thumb.j

post-80555-0-08568400-1320827298_thumb.j

post-80555-0-06352600-1320827301_thumb.j

post-80555-0-55166500-1320827302_thumb.j

By the aero wing do you mean that "roll bar"? It's quite different to the wildtrax 3.2 rollbar, so not sure it would fit. That cassette type looks the best, as long as its secure and waterproof. But that UK version is expensive - 1300 pounds if I remember. Lets hope something is made for it that can fit with the existing equipment on the car.

By the aero wing do you mean that "roll bar"? It's quite different to the wildtrax 3.2 rollbar, so not sure it would fit.

If you look at the Ford Australia website, that lid is only available for XLT grade and lower - it's not available for the Wildtrak.

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Satellite?c=DFYPage&cid=1248921242476&pagename=wrapper&site=FOA

By the aero wing do you mean that "roll bar"? It's quite different to the wildtrax 3.2 rollbar, so not sure it would fit.

If you look at the Ford Australia website, that lid is only available for XLT grade and lower - it's not available for the Wildtrak.

http://www.ford.com....rapper&site=FOA

Thanks I've been through that site before...drool...lots of accessories available there! Wonder how many of them will be available for our market? But then again the aftermarket wheels and the like will be cheaper here than the genuine ford products, especially the imported stuff.

Are there any for sale in Chiang Mai yet?

No, not yet. But if you go to the Car Park under the Le Meridien hotel in Chiang Rai you'll see a few. All the promotional malarkey and test rides for journalists will now be taking place up here during the next couple of weeks due to the floods. Over the next few days Thai celebrities will be driving them and having their picture taken, after that it's the journalists turn and finally the man in the street will get a chance of a test ride, those who have already placed a deposit will be first.

Edited by skybluestu

http://www.ford.com....rapper&site=FOA

Guys, we could get lucky. I found a large brochure from the ford Australia website. I'd have to dig up the link again, as it was a few weeks ago. I'm sure you can find it. Anyway, they detail all the specs of all their models of the ranger. The state that the "roller shutter" is part of the top model wildtrak version for Australia, so let's hope we get it too.

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/BlobServer/RangerBrochure2011.pdf?blobtable=DFYBlob&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobwhere=1248888642567&blobcol=urlblob&blobkey=id

Edited by culicine

Thanks I've been through that site before...drool...lots of accessories available there! Wonder how many of them will be available for our market?

The drool quickly turns into coughing when you convert those Aussie prices to Baht though :o

Yes, exactly. The aftermarket in Thailand is mostly adequate and reasonably priced. The canopy I saw from the UK is like 70-80K baht for example.

probably been said already by someone but 26 pages to read through, jeeez

anyway i saw a burnt orange Wildtrak in Pattaya yesterday

spotted near the temple at the bottom of Soi nung plab wan

it looked good, turned many heads but not 100% sure of the colour

however it created enough interest for me to come here

and go here

http://www.ford.co.th/servlet/Satellite?c=DFYPage&cid=1137383485882&homepageid=1137383485882&pagename=wrapper&site=FTHEN

and go here

http://www.ford.co.t...pper&site=FTHEN

Good to hear.

Did it look similar to this?

Or any details different?Like color on plastic details, stickers etc

Ford-ranger-wildtrak-04-600x406.jpg

Following your link I could just find their former trucks.

You are sure it was an not an ordinary orange 2010 Wildtrak? Like this one:

file450.jpg

Edited by DavidJames

and go here

I really like the new Ford orange, think they call it Chili Orange.

Read on here that AAT will start making them again today after closing due to floods so hopefully they won't be delayed too much.

and go here

Read on here that AAT will start making them again today after closing due to floods so hopefully they won't be delayed too much.

I like it to at the moment, but believe I would get bored of it, and it doesnt match my present Ninja

post-81971-0-51998700-1321255914_thumb.j

and go here

Good to hear.

Did it look similar to this?

Or any details different?Like color on plastic details, stickers etc

Ford-ranger-wildtrak-04-600x406.jpg

Following your link I could just find their former trucks.

You are sure it was an not an ordinary orange 2010 Wildtrak? Like this one:

file450.jpg

it was the first one

and go here

Its the same orange as used on the fiesta - to me it doesn't work well on the fiesta, but might work ok on the ranger:) Need to see it in the flesh though.

Are there any for sale in Chiang Mai yet?

No, not yet. But if you go to the Car Park under the Le Meridien hotel in Chiang Rai you'll see a few. All the promotional malarkey and test rides for journalists will now be taking place up here during the next couple of weeks due to the floods. Over the next few days Thai celebrities will be driving them and having their picture taken, after that it's the journalists turn and finally the man in the street will get a chance of a test ride, those who have already placed a deposit will be first.

Here's a few pics from the recent media drive in Chiang Rai, I didn't take them.

and go here

Its the same orange as used on the fiesta - to me it doesn't work well on the fiesta, but might work ok on the ranger:) Need to see it in the flesh though.

i have black boxes in my car

i have just viewed the footage from the memory card

its definitely that one, it went past at a junction

i am now downloading an .AVI editor and will post footage when i have the edited clip of it

and go here

i have black boxes in my car

i have just viewed the footage from the memory card

its definitely that one, it went past at a junction

i am now downloading an .AVI editor and will post footage when i have the edited clip of it

HERES' SOME STILLS FROM THE MOVIE

post-45550-0-26097200-1321270522_thumb.j

post-45550-0-74585600-1321270546_thumb.j

post-45550-0-32720500-1321270565_thumb.j