Which Printer To Buy For Home Use

guzzi850m2

Hi all

My old epson C90 can't run correctly on Win7 as it is quite old. I been looking on epson's web page to try download some software but win 7 is not supported. This epson was quite expensive in ink (4 cartridges) so I paid the printer's price several times over for ink.

I am printing a lot of A4 photos and some test documents. I don't need super quality but good quality and hope I can lower the cost for ink.

I think I can get a descent printer for app 3k bath, HP or Canon.

Anybody have any recommendations for me? I been looking in ALA test and other places but are not really getting any wiser

I have a Brother DCP-J125 printer scanner copier, it has large ink cartridges that slot in and takes a lot of ink, not the type with the tubes that go to the small cartridges but these slot in directly and can be filled very easily, in the past I have had all the others that have the tubes and bottles stuck to the sides and all have been ok to start but after a while get clogged up and are not the same.

This is the second one of the Brother that I have had, the one in my office I have had for a year and has been excellent, good quality photo's and clear printing text.

It was 3,500 baht in Tukom Pattaya

I switched from Epson to Canon, for better photo print quality, and for more easy-to-use features, but higher pricing.

you could check the Canon IP4680 as highend to the new IP4870 as new highend, may within your budget ?

I'm also using Canon MP5270 all-in-one, for one reason - WIFI, it is very very handy, especially for sharing printers and scanner within the family !

all above are 4 colours + black. there are printers with 4 colours + grey + black, for really nice photographic effect.

I have the Brother 145c great printer,also has cop y and scan features,very quiet, and I particularly like the paper load is flat and front loading, and can be filled, and not the stand at the back type. The ink is 500 baht for Blk and 300 baht for each of the 3 colours.

Get good use before change needed. So,about 1400 baht for a total ink replacement but but being individual cartridges it works out better because you only replace whats actually being used, you dont have to buy an in one color cartrdge like some just because the red or blue has run out. you can replace whats needed when its needed. Printer I bought was 2500 in Tesco.

Recommend Brother every time now.

Edited by CharlieH

Thanks to all for the replies.

I just bought a epson T13 which has 4 external tanks (cheap refill) and according to the sales lady in tuk.com better life span for the print head than the canon. Price 2500 all incl.

I will try to print a A4 pix now and see how the quality is.

I don't want a 3 in 1 type as I has no use for the other functions.

To broaden the discussion a little bit does anyone have experience with inexpensive mono laser printers? I use printers very intermittently and always have problems with the ink-jets drying out. I do not need color as I take memory sticks to Kodak etc. for photo prints. I have been told that for intermittent use the laser printers are far superior to the ink-jets and more cost effective. Can anyone enlighten me as to the truth of the matter? Thanks!

To broaden the discussion a little bit does anyone have experience with inexpensive mono laser printers? I use printers very intermittently and always have problems with the ink-jets drying out. I do not need color as I take memory sticks to Kodak etc. for photo prints. I have been told that for intermittent use the laser printers are far superior to the ink-jets and more cost effective. Can anyone enlighten me as to the truth of the matter? Thanks!

Very true. I use an HP p1006 which was the bottom of the line printer, now discontinued. Works great even after being turned off for a long time.

Replacement is HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer which is $149.99 list, hp special $99.99; Amazon $70.99

Simple, effective, permanent black printing.