How To Get One Year Visa?

Hello people...

I'm thai girl who got english boyfriend.I have the question to ask you who can give me the best advise...

My boyfriend now are in england and he's open some small business for me in thatiland.But now he's want to stay here with me in Thailand without working here.The way i say this because he's didnt got big money(400,000B) to show the government here.Can my boyfriend apply for one year visa and how to do and where to go?

And what if he come back to thailand and marry me so what type of the visa he'll get and after we're married how long he can stay in Thailand?Just so many problems but we want to be together here in Thailand...

Will you please give me an good advice then i can tell my boyfriend to sort thing out before he's come over....

Thank you very much.

Do you really want to support him? If he does not have 400K to his name I would not even consider marriage and he can not obtain more than a tempary stay type of visa. But that is not your question. :o

Your boyfriend can not apply for a one year visa if you mean staying in Thailand without leaving for one year (or more). If you mean a multi entry non immigrant O visa that would allow 90 day visits for up to about 15 months that might be obtainable from a small consulate in the UK.

Getting married will only allow him to get the same type of visa from a Consulate in Penang rather than travel to the UK. He would still have to leave every 90 days.

I've just been through this on another thread with lopburi3 and he gave good advice.

I think he's doing so again. If your boyfriend has no means of support back in England it could be that you're both in for a hiding to nothing financially.

I've been here 7 years, getting by on 30 day, tourist and one multi non O visa from England.

I do, however, have a steady income from my property in London.

Now I'm married, I'll be applying for a multi non O in Penang. I do have the funds to take care of myself and my wife.

That part of your equation is not really clear.

As far as the first multi entry non O is concerned, tell him to apply to Hull. Shouldn't be a problem and there's no need to prove funds. Just a guarantor's letter that they'll bear the cost of repatriation, if necessary.

The non immigrant O visa is for a visit and does not require any bank account. In the UK some consulates will issue if person only has someone sign to be responsible if he runs out of funds and needs to return to the UK.

After marriage the only requirement would be marriage certificate/copy of spouse ID card.

The 400k is required to extend your stay in Thailand and not have to exit every 90 days. And that is not a one time requirement but must be met each year and with some evidence of money transfers (as it is for support of wife).